7/11 Lakers vs. Blazers - Summer League Gameday (Game 3)

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:29 pm

LkrsOvrMia wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:Coby, Critt, and Farmar are playing the rest suck

"Crit" looks incredibly comfortable out there.

I have not seen that from a youngen in quite some time.

:jam2:
Hes got great handles and a sense of how to run the offense in the halfcourt set. This kid is awesome.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby popo on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:31 pm

did u guyz notice that little nerdy ref haha
popo

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:31 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:So the game is over?

Yes. 81 - 73 Lakers!
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."
LkrsOvrMia

Location: "Sittin' on top of the world with my legs hanging free." -Dave Matthews

Postby Plot on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:32 pm

I kept thinking the last game they should had this trio late in the game but Critt never saw daylight again. Much better today when they're all together in late game situations. :jam2:
Plot

Postby Lakers8899 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:32 pm

Crit has 26, could have been 30 if he had made his free throws. Seems like he's just toying with the competition out there.
Lakers8899

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:34 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:
LkrsOvrMia wrote:

"Crit" looks incredibly comfortable out there.

I have not seen that from a youngen in quite some time.

:jam2:
Hes got great handles and a sense of how to run the offense in the halfcourt set. This kid is awesome.

Exactly what we need in a PG.

It will interesting to see if and/or when his handles and great court sense transfer to the NBA game.
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."
LkrsOvrMia

Location: "Sittin' on top of the world with my legs hanging free." -Dave Matthews

Postby gio on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:35 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:Crit has 26, could have been 30 if he had made his free throws. Seems like he's just toying with the competition out there.

0 turnovers :jam2:
gio

Postby gio on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:36 pm

wait didnt he throw the ball away trying to get it to farmar???????
gio

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:36 pm

gio wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:Crit has 26, could have been 30 if he had made his free throws. Seems like he's just toying with the competition out there.

0 turnovers :jam2:

10 of 17 from the field. 6 of 11 from the line.

Could of had 31 pts.

LkrsOvrMia

Postby revgen on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:37 pm

I'm a little upset with Jordan. His defense stunk in the 1st half. Then he picked it up to his usual level in the 2nd half. Well, anyhoo, we got the win so I'm not too upset. Overall, he played well.

Critter, Coby, and Farmar played well tonight while the Stooges played like...well... like the Stooges.

Zendan Hamilton of the Blazers had me laughing most of the game with his constant FT misses. Too bad they started going in.
Last edited by revgen on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:38 pm

gio wrote:wait didnt he throw the ball away trying to get it to farmar???????

Box Score reads no TO's.

LkrsOvrMia

Postby gio on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:39 pm

LkrsOvrMia wrote:

Box Score reads no TO's.

:mhihi: ill take it, i hope the zebras are this generous in the regular season :man12:
gio

Postby bigsleepy on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:39 pm

Everyone has been too quick to dog Farmar, and jump on the Critwagon. Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked with JCrit at pick#19, he'll contribute THIS year... but Farmar is developing nicely.. first game aside, these last two, he's playing inspired.

(on a side note) How cool is it that my wife and I can lay here in bed and watch thre Lakers play live on my laptop/full screen while the baby sleeps....

(HZM/Mac Users - get Flip4Mac, install it... then open the URL from Quicktime Player so you can watch it full screen.... )

Why the hell was there an instant replay of Larry Turner's airball free throw?
"Don't ever forget that you play with your soul, as well as your body"
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
bigsleepy
CL Resident bouncer

Location: Oregon ........ (by way of Vallejo & Los Dangerous, California)

Postby kray28 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:41 pm

LkrsOvrMia wrote:

Box Score reads no TO's.

Yeah, I think the stat is wrong....Crit had his first bona fide turnover of the Summer League tonight...a rare boneheaded crosscourt pass that was too high for Jordan.
kray28

Postby trodgers on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:45 pm

Crit at 14.7 points, 2.7 boards, 2.0 ast, 0 or 0.3 to, and 1 steal per game through three...I like that. And two excellent scoring games.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:51 pm

One line of reasoning 'round here seems to be we have to spend money on a player in D. Fish to mentor "Crit?" I know it is the SPL but one has to start somewhere and this guy is off to a great start. Shall we spend the MLE or parts of it elsewhere?

That or his performance so far leads one to think that Farmar is expendable. Maybe not right now but as we draw closer to Training Camp this decision may become easier. Problem is we can't wait too long to decide on how and who we may package in trades.

"Crit" has shown he can play the "2" as well?

What the hell is Sasha going to do for us?
Last edited by LkrsOvrMia on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LkrsOvrMia

Postby JSM on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:53 pm

Didn't see all of this one, but caught the tail end.

I think the coaching staff is experimenting with Crit. Game 1 they were looking to get him involved to see what he could do. They went out of their way to get him involved. Game 2 they told him to get others involved and to take fewer shots. And in game 3 it looks like they told him to go out there and put the ball in the hole again and experimented with more minutes, seeing how he would respond to that much playing time (35 minutes). I thought his drop off in game two might could have been because the 76ers had better guards, but then he came back with a big game against the Blazers guards and they are no joke.

26 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 TOs, 10-17 FGs, 6-11 FTs. That's a nice stat line.

Farmar had a solid night. 17 points in 22 minutes, also 3 boards & 2 assists (0 TOs).

Karl brought it as well. 12 points, 4-5 FG (2-3 3pt , 2-4 FT), 5 rebounds, 1 assist, but 4 TOs. Efficient night, but got a little careless with the ball.

Brandon Gay and Rodney White played like absolute trash tonight. Bad follow up to their first half against the 76ers.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:55 pm

bigsleepy wrote:(on a side note) How cool is it that my wife and I can lay here in bed and watch thre Lakers play live on my laptop/full screen while the baby sleeps....
I busted out the video cables and hooked my laptop up to my TV. The picture is kinda blurry, but if you're able to do it, I recommend it. :man1:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:55 pm

gio wrote:
LkrsOvrMia wrote:

Box Score reads no TO's.

:mhihi: ill take it, i hope the zebras are this generous in the regular season :man12:

What do the refs have to do with TO's?

LkrsOvrMia

Postby bigsleepy on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:55 pm

LkrsOvrMia wrote:What the hell is Sasha going to do for us?

Stick the meat thermometer in him... he's done.

Farmar and Crit are both promising up and comers...

Sasha is a has been.. who never was...

Vujacic should be playing in the SPL if he has any chance of staying a Laker for long... he doesn't ... he's over...
"Don't ever forget that you play with your soul, as well as your body"
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
bigsleepy
CL Resident bouncer

Location: Oregon ........ (by way of Vallejo & Los Dangerous, California)

Postby solenstyle on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:58 pm

Averages 07 summer league

Farmar

11.5 PPG, 44.4 FG%, 42.9 3PT%, 66.7FT%, 5 RPG, 6 APG, 1 SPG, 0 BPG, 4 TOPG,

EFF= +13.00

Coby Karl

16.5 PPG, 60.0 FG%, 50.0 3PT%, 62.5 FT%, 1.5 RPG, 1 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0 BPG, 2.5 TOPG

EFF= +11.00

J Critt

9.0 PPG, 44.4 FG%, 0 3PT%, 33.3 FT%, 2 RPG, 2.5 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.5 BPG, 0.5 TOPG

EFF= +8.00

So far great...
solenstyle

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:00 pm

bigsleepy wrote:
LkrsOvrMia wrote:What the hell is Sasha going to do for us?

Stick the meat thermometer in him... he's done.
Farmar and Crit are both promising up and comers...

Sasha is a has been.. who never was...

Vujacic should be playing in the SPL if he has any chance of staying a Laker for long... he doesn't ... he's over...

I've got one ready!

LkrsOvrMia

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:02 pm

No offense Sasha fans but the nickname Vuja**** comes to mind.

LkrsOvrMia

Postby KB24 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:20 pm

Critt has one TO in 3 games...thats excellent...that was a knock on him that he was too careless with the ball in college trying to make flashy passes...

anyway looks good.

Farmar and Critt are both promissing up and comers... :jam2:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby JuanoLAL on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:39 am

Did anyone get the Future GM poster in a picture, or was it televised on TV? If not, I'll recap it for you, it involves Mitch/bashing and it's a pretty funny story.

p.s. Crit looks great out there. :jam2:
JuanoLAL

Previous

Return to Summer League 2013