7/8 Lakers vs. Bucks - Summer League Gameday (Game 1)

Postby Azn Pinoy on Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:33 pm

Team China hittin the 3's.
Azn Pinoy

Postby revgen on Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:36 pm

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/07-08- ... 77512.html

Video Replay of Farmar dishing to Critter for the game winner.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:44 pm

revgen wrote:http://www.clublakers.com/forums/07-08-07-summerleague-lakers-vs-bucks-highlights-t77512.html

Video Replay of Farmar dishing to Critter for the game winner.

Thanks man. NBA.com has the game archived already.
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."
LkrsOvrMia

Location: "Sittin' on top of the world with my legs hanging free." -Dave Matthews

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:06 pm

Sun Yue is playing a critical role in this mini comeback. A nice putback to tie it up at "70" and several indirect assists down the stretch!

It will be interesting to see how this kid turns out.

Go Sun! Go Lakers!!
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."
LkrsOvrMia

Location: "Sittin' on top of the world with my legs hanging free." -Dave Matthews

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:19 pm

Yi with a game-winner himself. Who helped set up the play? Sun Yue!

Box score doesn't reveal much. I enjoyed his performance down the stretch.

Great finish! CLE goes down to Team China!

Go Lakers!

LkrsOvrMia

Postby ndrui on Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:18 pm

Critical Beatdown wrote:
LkrsOvrMia wrote:Sounds like "Critt" is playing out of his mind.

Will he beat out Farmar for the starting position? Hmm...

Time will tell.

Go Lakers!

I wouldn't jump the gun on that yet, I'd feel fortunate if we get some minutes from him this season instead of being over in the NBDL all year.

Nah, he is a player...don't look for a huge dropoff out of him...he will be starting by Christmas...if not before.
ndrui

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:19 pm

Lakers-Bucks full game is now uploaded to NBA.com!

CLICK HERE TO WATCH
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Klewfish on Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:40 pm

BDG wrote:Lakers-Bucks full game is now uploaded to NBA.com!

CLICK HERE TO WATCH

Now we need a GIF of that crossover/dunk.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby bigdnolia on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:47 pm

:man13: I think we may have found ourselves something special. It's hard not to be so excited about the Crit :man11:

Seriously though, it was an awesome debut. I can't wait to see this guy play some more. I can't get enough Crit!
bigdnolia

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:21 pm

JCrit is finally showing we can have an aggressive PG...

Farmar tho...that was terrible...hopefully he will hit back strong the next game...

this kind of performence against SPL talent is unaccaptable and lowers his trade value.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby bigsleepy on Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:53 pm

KB8@CL wrote:JCrit is finally showing we can have an aggressive PG...

Farmar tho...that was terrible...hopefully he will hit back strong the next game...

this kind of performence against SPL talent is unaccaptable and lowers his trade value.

I think its fine for us to start getting excited... as bad as we've been at the point, its great to see someone out there playing inspired ball.

To be fair, I think he was used alot as a 2 in this game, but being that he averaged 5.8 apg in college (against stiff competition) in only 31 mpg, we shouldn't worry too much about his assists in this game (it also doesn't hurt that he's 6'5' and a high flyer).

It's a great thng to get at #19 the guy that was projected on all the mocks at #14.

Its something to "start" getting excited about, but there's alot more that has to happen this summer yet (and will)...
"Don't ever forget that you play with your soul, as well as your body"
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
bigsleepy
CL Resident bouncer

Location: Oregon ........ (by way of Vallejo & Los Dangerous, California)

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:57 pm

bigsleepy wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:JCrit is finally showing we can have an aggressive PG...

I think its fine for us to start getting excited... as bad as we've been at the point, its great to see someone out there playing inspired ball.

To be fair, I think he was used alot as a 2 in this game, but being that he averaged 5.8 apg in college (against stiff competition) in only 31 mpg, we shouldn't worry too much about his assists in this game (it also doesn't hurt that he's 6'5' and a high flyer).

It's a great thng to get at #19 the guy that was projected on all the mocks at #14.

Its something to "start" getting excited about, but there's alot more that has to happen this summer yet (and will)...

oh absolutely...Crit certainly is very exciting but he is not enaugh to keep Kobe happy and give the fans the much needed boost before next season.

Crittenton tho...the guy has some serious size if he can translate his playmaking to the NBA. He made some pretty crisp passes, especially the outlets were absolutely on target a couple of times. I like what I saw. He has the tools that Jordan Farmar lacks a little bit (the physical part of the game).

I personally think something will happen, it simply has to, otherwise the Lakers have definitely simply failed as an organization.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby bigsleepy on Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:14 pm

KB8@CL wrote:oh absolutely...Crit certainly is very exciting but he is not enaugh to keep Kobe happy and give the fans the much needed boost before next season.

I personally think something will happen, it simply has to, otherwise the Lakers have definitely simply failed as an organization.

Absolutely! We are two solid moves away from keeping Kobe (and the fans) in Staples. KG, as we all know, is almost for sure not happening..(we've been wishing for years), so I'm thinking JO is very attainable for what we've got to trade, plus one or two others by trade and MLE, maybe Fish or Francis for chump change to mentor our young guys.. and we're in business.

I think we all know, its not aquestion of "if"... its "when". Like him or hate him, we should all thank Kobe for forcing the issue... even if it coulda been done with more tact..

mo williams?
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
bigsleepy
CL Resident bouncer

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:16 pm

^ Regardless of how well Crittenton plays in the SPL, if we don't throw the full MLE at Mo Williams, I'll be pretty disappointed.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby bigsleepy on Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:18 pm

BDG wrote:^ Regardless of how well Crittenton plays in the SPL, if we don't throw the full MLE at Mo Williams, I'll be pretty disappointed.

We have to at least "try".. It may not be enough though. Crit is a great pickup...but, yeah, don't look for rook to save the world first year.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
bigsleepy
CL Resident bouncer

Postby JuanoLAL on Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:18 pm

BDG wrote:^ Regardless of how well Crittenton plays in the SPL, if we don't throw the full MLE at Mo Williams, I'll be pretty disappointed.

Is Mitch smart enough (do you think he even has it on his priority list) to physically sit down with Mo (like Riley did) and discuss his future and possibly the MLE? I'd be surprised if he did all that, he'd need to if we even want to have a chance at Mo... then again, I think Mo is looking for (and can get more) than MLE-type money. God I'd be happy if we got Mo though. I wonder if he's a city-guy (LA).

Did ya catch the replay? :man9:
JuanoLAL

Postby JuanoLAL on Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:19 pm

bigsleepy wrote:

We have to at least "try".. It may not be enough though. Crit is a great pickup...but, yeah, don't look for rook to save the world first year.

Agreed.
JuanoLAL

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:20 pm

^ You're probably right, I doubt Mo will accept the MLE. But it's happened before ... hopefully we get lucky.

By the way, anyone think Jeff Graves (#33 with headband) moves like Kwame a bit? :man10:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JuanoLAL on Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:32 pm

It's not even about Mo accepting it (yet). Do you think Mitch will even try?
JuanoLAL

Postby jimbo327 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:49 am

It's the Bucks. And that first quarter was like watching the guys at YMCA.
jimbo327

Postby CrazyLikeCatfish on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:42 am

jimbo327 wrote:It's the Bucks. And that first quarter was like watching the guys at YMCA.
Wasn't it 11-10? :man10: dang..
CrazyLikeCatfish

Postby ndrui on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:49 am

bigsleepy wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:oh absolutely...Crit certainly is very exciting but he is not enaugh to keep Kobe happy and give the fans the much needed boost before next season.

Absolutely! We are two solid moves away from keeping Kobe (and the fans) in Staples. KG, as we all know, is almost for sure not happening..(we've been wishing for years), so I'm thinking JO is very attainable for what we've got to trade, plus one or two others by trade and MLE, maybe Fish or Francis for chump change to mentor our young guys.. and we're in business.

I think we all know, its not aquestion of "if"... its "when". Like him or hate him, we should all thank Kobe for forcing the issue... even if it coulda been done with more tact..

mo williams?

That's the bottom line...I've supported Kobe through everything that he's been through and I was on board when he did what he did this time. My only hope was that it didn't damage the psyche of AB. If we get legitimate, productive activity out of the FO, some fire out of Bynum and Odom and some smart trades and acquisitions...I think we have the makings of a successful off-season.
ndrui

Postby ndrui on Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:47 am

JuanyO wrote:
bigsleepy wrote:

Agreed.

It's really not about "saving the world" at this point. Yeah, there needs to be a couple vets added to the squad but we really aren't that far from fielding a very good mix of players. Crit will not have a problem picking up the offense, he can move over to the 2 when necessary and he can create offense for himself and others. Being in Atlanta, I've had the opportunity to follow his career from High School and he's excelled at both levels and even though I've liked both the Farmer and Bynum picks, neither one will have the impact that this pick has. If he's given the opportunity to play that Smush was, I see him as a 13 - 5 player this season. Last night's game was just him doing what he does. I'm not worried about the free throws, he should stroke them better next game.

I think the FO needs to use the MLE wisely...if they go after a point guard Francis wouldn't be a bad move IMO simply because he is talented enough to come in and provide an immediate impact. Also, I believe that he and Crit would push each other in practice. As for Mo Williams, of course you'd like to bring on a player of that ability but it's isn't as necessary as it was before the draft. I think we could benefit from a player like Andray Blatche or another active, athletic big patrolling the paint from the weakside and getting out on the break, if he's available. Not a big move but an effective one IMO.
ndrui

Previous

Return to Summer League 2013