Lakers vs Pistons 5 pm Pacific! 1st summer league game

Re: Lakers vs Pistons 5 pm Pacific! 1st summer league game

Postby revgen on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:15 pm

jonnyshevanel wrote:Ebanks destroyed. Caracter was great, minus the excessive fouling. Strawberry is quick, but bad decision maker. Kurz did okay. Green is bad. The rest were not really noticeable to me.

Something tells me you weren't watching Jaaber.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:17 pm

lol the lakers summer league team choked away a big 4th quarter lead just like the real lakers team
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby jonnyshevanel on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:17 pm

revgen wrote:
jonnyshevanel wrote:Ebanks destroyed. Caracter was great, minus the excessive fouling. Strawberry is quick, but bad decision maker. Kurz did okay. Green is bad. The rest were not really noticeable to me.

Something tells me you weren't watching Jaaber.

Ah yeah I forgot about him for some reason. He looked pretty good. White owned him at the end lol
jonnyshevanel

Postby TT24 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:19 pm

The guys did pretty well considering 3 of the Pistons played in the NBA last year.
TT24

Postby revgen on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:27 pm

Jaaber - Definitely surprised me. He was pretty much the reason why the offense ran so smoothly. Also busts his butt on defense too. Best guard on that team.

Strawberry - Quick on defense. Bad decisionmaking.

Green - He sucks

Caracter - Nice post moves. Agressive, but way too agressive. Needs to scale back so he doesn't pick up fouls.

Ebanks - Basically Trevor Ariza with a little less speed but some more strength. He won't be abused in the post as badly against Melo like Ariza was, but he won't be as quick as Trev after loose balls.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby harrise007 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

I saw the game can't lie liked what I saw from Caracter and Ebanks however it is summer league. Adman Morrsion averaged 25 points in summer league and Tim Duncan did not play well at all, when he was in the summer league. Get the picture!!!!!
harrise007

Postby jonnyshevanel on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:35 pm

harrise007 wrote:I saw the game can't lie liked what I saw from Caracter and Ebanks however it is summer league. Adman Morrsion averaged 25 points in summer league and Tim Duncan did not play well at all, when he was in the summer league. Get the picture!!!!!

Very good point. But you must admit, Ebanks, Caracter and Jaabar look promising and could grow.
jonnyshevanel

Postby Psychobroker on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:50 pm

I posted this elsewhere and don't feel like retyping it :man9:

Character and Ebanks were the stars of the game tonight. Character got better as the game wore on, grabbing more boards and clearing out the paint a bit more, playing solid D, too. Ebanks looks like if he lost ~5-10 pounds he'd be even quicker off his feet. The Trevor comparisons are close, but he's a step slower... still very good and even showed a pretty good jumper (not great, but he's been working on it!)

Character plays a little like big baby, but has better footwork around the rim, not as quick laterally (yet), and is a much better passer. He had some very very good give and go's, one that went uncredited and was chalked up as a loose ball... if he makes the team, he'd be 2nd or 3rd best passing big on the team. 1) Pau 2) Character 3) LO (who IMHO is not a great passer and can't deliver a post entry pass if his life depended on it).

Ebanks/Character >>> Mbenga/Powell

I know we give up size here, but you have to sign these rooks. Ebanks' ceiling is pretty dang high imho -- a little more conditioning and he'll be as quick as Trev, stronger than Trev and is already longer than him. Character has some upside, too, but he needs to drop about another 10 lbs to help with his lateral movement. Even so, our bench NEEDS a guy that can get his AND pass out of the post. Powell is NOT that guy... and of course Mbenga is not either.

If we get lucky, Luke will retire and we can sign Ebanks, Character and Mbenga. Actually, I'd prefer we made a run at Nazr Mohammed (was earning a bloated 6.4mil, so not sure he'd sign for the vet min?), Johan Petro (was making only vet min and has more skills than Mbenga and is only 24), or even Mikey Moore (also making vet min).

“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby oloks_yu on Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:27 am

clear and simple guys; EBANKS and CARACTER is what we need to have a dept in our bench, CARACTER is a NBA body ready and he is ready to contribute as a role player for us in years to come, while EBANKS man how in the earth he goes @ #43rd pick in the draft??? this kind of player is a mold of PIPPEN in years to come but for now he got work to do. I have no doubt about it either both or one of them can make it to the team in replace of AMMOND and POWELL, and we can get them in a low price. :jam2: :bow: :bow:
oloks_yu

Postby TKainZero on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:09 am

Ebanks and Caracter both with 20+ point games in their first games as Lakers.

For the first time since Bynum was drafted, there is youth on the roster.
100 people see fire.
99 start screaming and getting hysterical over all the smoke.
I start looking for the cause.

Concern yourselves with the Problems, not the Symptoms.
TKainZero

Postby revgen on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:42 am

^But guess how they got those 20 points each?

Look no further than Jaaber. Who had 11 assists and 3 TO's. That's the guy I'm really interested in.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:20 am

Anybody have the box score of this game?
D.B. Cooper

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:52 am

NVM I found it.
D.B. Cooper

Postby ZenMaster4President on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:34 am

revgen wrote:^But guess how they got those 20 points each?

Look no further than Jaaber. Who had 11 assists and 3 TO's. That's the guy I'm really interested in.

I've seen Jaaber play a couple of times in Europe. Wasn't too impressed.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby live and die in LA on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:56 am

I was pretty impressed with our 2nd rounders. Ebanks is practically a lock to take Adam Morrison's spot on the team in my opinion. He brings length, athleticism, and a defensive mindset that will help in spot minutes. Caracter also has a really good shot to take Powell's spot. I do love Powell's leadership and he is close with Kobe, but in the end Caracter is more talented and will cost less. Jabeer and DJ deserve training camp invites, possibly Kurz/Sims as well. Jabeer likely returns to europe by the sound of things though.
live and die in LA

Postby revgen on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:23 am

ZenMaster4President wrote:
revgen wrote:^But guess how they got those 20 points each?

I've seen Jaaber play a couple of times in Europe. Wasn't too impressed.

Well what were you looking for? An all-star?

He's good enough for what we need. Which is a guy with enough quickness to stay in front of fast guards, and good playmaking and decision-making skills. His jumpshot isn't money, but we can live with that if his contract isn't too expensive.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby shoe on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:59 pm

can't believe we blew that lead :bang: I was actually mad for a few seconds when they were interviewing Austin Daye. I was thinking "That should be Ebanks :mad1: "

Ebanks and Caracter looked great out there. Ebanks has a pretty nice mid range game, which I didn't know.

Caracter is like a taller big baby. He's a pretty good finisher.

Gerald Green was TURRIBLE...Only nice play he had was that inbounds pass that lead to a dunk.
shoe

Postby TT24 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:33 pm

Psychobroker wrote:Ebanks looks like if he lost ~5-10 pounds he'd be even quicker off his feet.

I hope he doesn't lose any pounds. The guy is 6'9, 210. I say he should gain about 5-10 more. If he stays in the league, he'll be going up against Melo, LeBron, PP, etc. We say Kobe was forced to defend Carmelo because Trevor was too small to defend him. Although we have Ron, Ron is going to need his rest from time to time, especially as he gets older.
TT24

Postby Psychobroker on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:09 pm

TT24 wrote:
Psychobroker wrote:Ebanks looks like if he lost ~5-10 pounds he'd be even quicker off his feet.

I hope he doesn't lose any pounds. The guy is 6'9, 210. I say he should gain about 5-10 more. If he stays in the league, he'll be going up against Melo, LeBron, PP, etc. We say Kobe was forced to defend Carmelo because Trevor was too small to defend him. Although we have Ron, Ron is going to need his rest from time to time, especially as he gets older.

Dang, he doesn't look only 210.. nvm then.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby TT24 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:40 am

^ Lol. He doesn't? From afar, the guy looks sick. He needs some weight. But he's 20? 21? He should grow into his body and get a little bigger. Good thing LA has been hitting the weight room the past 2 years, so if he makes the team, he'll be in there as well.
TT24

Postby revgen on Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:41 pm

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Previous

Return to Summer League 2013