7/14 Lakers vs Pistons - Summer League Gameday (Game 5)

Postby JSM on Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:55 pm

Missed the game, but it looks like Crit had a very good game.

28 points
9-18 FG
2-3 3pt FG
8-9 FT

Gay had a solid night too...
17 & 7 in 21 minutes.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rock0100 on Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:21 pm

I bet Crittenton becomes a solid starter in the NBA before Bynum does.

Whatever we do this summer via trades, I hope it is Farmar that gets traded and not Critt. We REALLY got lucky that he fell to #19. I know this is only the summer league, but even in college, Critt was one of the best PG's in the nation and he was only a freshman.

I know Farmar is smart and can run an offense, but with Odom on our team, we could use a PG with a scorers mentality like Critt.
rock0100

Postby Chicano on Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:02 pm

rock0100 wrote:I bet Crittenton becomes a solid starter in the NBA before Bynum does.

Whatever we do this summer via trades, I hope it is Farmar that gets traded and not Critt. We REALLY got lucky that he fell to #19. I know this is only the summer league, but even in college, Critt was one of the best PG's in the nation and he was only a freshman.

I know Farmar is smart and can run an offense, but with Odom on our team, we could use a PG with a scorers mentality like Critt.

GREAT POINTS...

:jam2:
Chicano

Postby revgen on Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:22 pm

rock0100 wrote:I bet Crittenton becomes a solid starter in the NBA before Bynum does.

1) Bynum is already an average center. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3936

And he's only 2 months older than Crittenton is.

2) Farmar will most likely NOT be traded because he's a pass-first PG. He's only good for teams that already have scorers and need distributors. That means he won't be good for teams that are rebuilding. Crittenton is a scoring guard with all-around talent. He will be asked for first and most likely will be what gets a trade done. Especially with Indy.

3) Actually with Odom, Kobe, and possibly Vlad starting (which PJ mentioned many times that he wants to do), it would make more sense to have a passing-first PG like Famar on the floor to create for the scorers. Too many scorers isn't good for the offense. This is even more necessary if we had Kobe, JO, and LO on the floor.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:15 am

"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."
LkrsOvrMia

Location: "Sittin' on top of the world with my legs hanging free." -Dave Matthews

Previous

Return to Summer League 2013