Maccabi Tel Aviv in talks with Laker SPL standout

Maccabi Tel Aviv in talks with Laker SPL standout

Postby JSM on Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:36 pm

Haaretz: Maccabi Tel Aviv is in talks with Doron Perkins.

Perkins is a 23-year-old guard who played last season for Toyota Alvark in the Japan, where he was voted league MVP. Perkins starred at Santa Clara University alongside Steve Nash and averaged 15.4 points, 6 rebounds and 3.4 assists.

Perkins stood out with the Lost Angeles Lakers summer league team, where he filled in for American-Jewish star Jordan Farmer. However, his young age and lack of experience could tip the scales against him.

"Perkins was great in the summer league, but I wouldn't say he was the focus of our efforts right now, " said Maccabi coach Neven Spahija.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Snake Eyes on Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:52 am

Well whoever gets him is going to get a good player imo. I only went to one SPL Game but i was extremely impressed with his play. Actually out of all the players I saw in that one game I thought Perkins looked the best.
Snake Eyes

Postby KB24 on Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:56 am

nasty defender has been the way Rambis described him.

I like him and wish him the best, :jam2:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby trodgers on Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:04 pm

Tel Aviv is also looking at Jumaine Jones and DerMarr Johnson...I would really hope that those guys don't end up overseas just for more money. Jumaine needs to be signed. Hopefully by LA for some insurance at PF.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JSM on Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:51 pm

^ I wish we could get a crate and ship McKie and Sasha overseas and get those two to sign with the Lakers.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:11 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:Tel Aviv is also looking at Jumaine Jones and DerMarr Johnson...I would really hope that those guys don't end up overseas just for more money. Jumaine needs to be signed. Hopefully by LA for some insurance at PF.
It puzzles me why Jumaine has trouble finding a job ... he's good in the locker room, he can hit the open shot consistently, he hustles and gives effort on defense. It would be a shame for him to end up with Tel Aviv.

As far as Perkins goes, I'm glad for him. He probably won't make the Lakers team due to roster space issues and he plays adequate defense. Quick hands.

Maybe he'll impress over there and land a contract back in America later down the road.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:40 pm

Heh, they spelled Los Angeles: Lost Angeles. :man10:
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Return to Summer League 2013