MistiLynn's Exclusive Pictures and Game Report

MistiLynn's Exclusive Pictures and Game Report

Postby Kasumi on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:11 pm

Summer Pro League Day 1 - Saturday, July 8, 2006
Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies

The Pyramid starts filling up about half-way through the L. Smith & Associates versus Hoosier Daddy game. Every time the announcer said “Hoosier Daddy”, it sounded like “who’s your daddy” so that made a couple heads turn but I’m sure that was intentional.

It was great hanging out with BDG, hZm, grego and emplay, as well as a couple guys from LG. I took notes for the first quarter, here’s the highlights:

The starters for the Lakers were Andrew Bynum, Marcus Douthit, Devin Green, Von Wafer and Jordan Farmer. Bynum received a loud ovation, but Farmer received the loudest reaction from the crowd.

10:20 Von Wafer has a break-away dunk, when he went up for the dunk you could hear the whole crowd take a collective breath to see what high-flying maneuver he was going to do, expecting a windmill dunk at the very least. He just softly put it in, and the crowd groaned a little as if to say, “That’s it?” He did give a couple sweet dunks during the shoot-around though.

7:17 Andrew Bynum comes out of the game. I was really surprised to see him sitting so early, he didn’t play for the rest of the 1st quarter and only the first 5 minutes (or so) of the 2nd quarter.

4:55 Michael Fey fumbled receiving a pass, the ball was on the floor so he just reached over lazily to pick it up but Alexander Johnson (from the Grizzlies) showed more hussle and dove for it, refs called for a jump ball. Johnson won the tip.

At this point the score is 12-14 in favor of Memphis.

4:18 Nick Horvath went to the line to shoot free-throws. He almost shot the first one when the refs stopped him and told him he wasn’t the one who was fouled, it was supposed to be Fey shooting the free-throws. Fey made 1 of 2.

2:03 The score is now 18-26 in favor of Memphis, that was not a pretty 3 minutes of play.

End of the 1st quarter – Laker fans were already preparing to revolt as the last shot by Memphis should have been a block by Bynum but was called a goaltend and the score given to the Grizzlies. Score was 19-32, Lakers down.

I didn’t take notes for the rest of the game so here are my individual observations:
Andrew Bynum – is definitely bigger in both height and muscle. He seemed a little slow and not quite ready but it’s only the first day. How he shoots free-throws has a definitely affect on his game. When he missed his free-throws, he wasn’t as quick running up the court, seemed a little discouraged. When he made his free-throws, he had more bounce in his step, played with more hussle and showed more confidence. This is something he’s going to need to work on, having confidence and playing hard whether or not his shot is falling. Finished with 12 points, 5 boards and 6 fouls.

Marcus Douthit – he’s good, but never quite good enough. Had some good rebounds but got beat defensively (especially in transition). Had one sweet play near the end of the game where he stole the inbounds pass, threw a pass behind his back to Jordan Farmer who passed it to Bynum for a slam dunk. Had 14 points and 7 rebounds.

Jordan Farmer – it was a completely different team out there when he wasn’t on the floor. He has good on-court leadership and good court-vision. Needs to work on his jumper but I think this was a very solid pick-up by the Lakers. He was the high-scorer for the Lakers with 17 points and added 3 assists, 2 steals and one block.

Michael Fey – the other guy from UCLA

Nick Horvath - not much to note except he needs to learn that you only shoot free-throws when you’re the one that was fouled. He did add 7 points and 3 assists.

Danilo Pinnock – what a surprise this guy was! He didn’t seem to have as much of the first-game jitters that some of the other guys had, he just went out and played. He hit 6 of 9, making both his 3-point attempts, and had some sweet moves. He finished as the second leading scorer for the Lakers with 16 points, 5 turnovers, a steal and an assist.

Marcus Slaughter – didn’t score, but gave a very nice post-game interview (coming soon).

Von Wafer – is a warm-up fan favorite, but doesn’t know what to do when the game starts. He showed off some high-flying dunks during the shoot around, but even his one dunk during the game was mundane. He had 2 points on 1 of 6 shooting, 2 fouls, 2 turnovers and 1 assist.

End of the game
Lakers blew it. After being behind through the whole game, being down by as many as 16 points, they had come back and even taken a 2-point lead with less than a minute to go. A series of errors, turnovers, fouls and a terrible last shot, and the Lakers lost 87-89.

Post-game
Phil Jackson must have shared some of his Zen-master wisdom with Von Wafer and Devin Green, apparently they have a post-game routine that takes 30-60 minutes so they were the last ones out of the locker room. In fact, they even took down the media area and most of the other media members had left by the time they came out. We asked Wafer first about it, we almost forgot to ask Green but then went back to ask him while Wafer stood behind him laughing.

Post-game interviews coming …

Here are the pictures:

Andrew Bynum and his knee socks

Coach Brian Shaw

The crowd

Jordan Farmar received a louder ovation during the starting line-up than any other player, including Bynum

Jordan Farmar

Mitch Kupchak was in attendance

Farmar shooting free-throws

I don't know who this is but it was a good shot so I took it

Lakers bench

Getting ready to in-bound the ball

Farmar

Notice the time on the clock, this was one of the free-throws at the end of the game

Kurt Rambis answers questions

Marcus Slaughter

During the interview with Slaughter, he was asked how his legs are holding up. He lifted his shorts to show off his knees, which were both wrapped in ice.

Jason Hart from the Kings, it surprised us to see him on The Panthers, which played right after the Laker game ended

Jason Hart again
Last edited by Kasumi on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Re: MistiLynn's Exclusive Pictures and Game Report

Postby I'm black on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:19 pm

missmyzte wrote:The write-up is coming, but thought I'd start y'all out with some pictures ...

Andrew Bynum and his knee socks

Ok thats one big boy right there :mhihi: .
I'm black

Postby grego on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:20 pm

Good job Misti. Nice seeing you there and some other fellow CLer's like Sky, hzm.

Just to add, Hart was the player coach of the team.
Last edited by grego on Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby Kasumi on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:22 pm

grego wrote:Good job Misti. Nice seeing you there and some other fellow CLer's like Sky, PGF, hzm.

It was good to see you again Greg! And yes, I forgot to mention, Jason Hart was player/coach. I got a picture of you when I was sitting in the bleachers before I sat on the sideline, I'll send it to you.
ImageImage

Kasumi

Postby grego on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:23 pm

missmyzte wrote:
grego wrote:Good job Misti. Nice seeing you there and some other fellow CLer's like Sky, PGF, hzm.

It was good to see you again Greg! And yes, I forgot to mention, Jason Hart was player/coach. I got a picture of you when I was sitting in the bleachers before I sat on the sideline, I'll send it to you.

Thanks, I hope it wasn't me getting plowed over by the ref. That was great for neck!!
grego

Postby i am not vladamir on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:23 pm

Socks does look like he bulked up a bit!

And Farmar looking good!

thx for the pics and all that hard work :bow: :bow: :bow:
i am not vladamir

Postby DHL on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:25 pm

can someone tell me where turiaf is?

is he practicing with france national team?
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby smilez on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:26 pm

i know, bynum definitly worked on his shoulders. They look bigger that last spl pics. Hope he learns how to use his size.
smilez

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:35 pm

im planning on going to a game next friday. any advice on what time i should go to the pyramid to buy tickets and get good seats?
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby MasterRaider on Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:37 pm

Thx for the pix

Bynum's definitely bigger around the shoulders. Look how small his head looks on that torso.
MasterRaider

Re: MistiLynn's Exclusive Pictures and Game Report

Postby JSM on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:05 pm

Thanks a lot for the pics.

Looks like Bynum toned up a little.

I don't know who this is but it was a good shot so I took it

I'm nearly certain that's Tarence Kinsey
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Kasumi on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:18 pm

LOL Okay, you made me do this --

here's the pic of Greg (he's the one on the left)
ImageImage

Kasumi

Postby Kasumi on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:19 pm

I added my game notes to the first post ...
ImageImage

Kasumi

Postby grego on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:24 pm

Fair enough. Me with my buddy Lawerence.
grego

Postby DHL on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:25 pm

how do u get to be a member of the media?
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby hype on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:28 pm

:bow: :bow:
hype

Postby grego on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:34 pm

DIEHARDLAKER wrote:how do u get to be a member of the media?

Knowing people.
grego

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:37 pm

Bynum looks wide as hell. Almost a true big man...

Thanks for your take, Misti. Very nice. Though I am unable to be there, all of the reports from those of you who were, coupled with the awesome pics really help. Thanks again.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Podium on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:29 pm

Thanks for the pics :jam2:

Bynum did get bigger... or his head got smaller.
Podium
Clublakers Analyst

Postby baller4life88 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:33 pm

What time should i get there? And is im jsut wondering if their is anyway to take any pics wit any of the players?
baller4life88

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:35 pm

Off topic a bit...those Lakers uniforms are worse than most junior high teams. They're hideous. And cheap looking.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:42 pm

Great review and awesome pictures! :jam2:

THANKS!!!
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby hdtvset on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:45 pm

Nice pics. :jam2:
hdtvset

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:33 am

i am not vladamir wrote:Socks does look like he bulked up a bit!

And Farmar looking good!

thx for the pics and all that hard work :bow: :bow: :bow:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Murdock on Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:55 am

Damn Pnnock and Dounhit played welll damn well ... i told that Pinnock can make it to the team
Murdock

Next

Return to Summer League 2013