Pierre Pierce

Pierre Pierce

Postby winstonemby on Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:43 pm

I'm seeing this guy and he has tons of skill on the Warriors SPL.

I'm reading his wikipedia and it seems his troubles were character, going to jail, etc.

What type of draft pick was he if he didn't have those issues? Because it's clear the kid has talent
TEAM FARMAR MEMBER
GO BYNUM
STAY KOBE
winstonemby

Postby Kobe8Bryant4Life on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:53 pm

I absolutely love Pierre Pierce. 1) I'm an Iowa Hawkeye fan, 2) He is a great player.

He had some issues in college and the 2nd time around got him kicked off the team. But he was close to if not the best player in the Big 10 when he played. I wanted to invite him but Golden State already had invited him. He could have made our team easily. I love him.

He can create his own shot, he can drive, he can dish off and he's a good-great defender. The only knock is he doesn't have a consistent jump shot but is very athletic.
Eric Church. THE CHIEF.
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
Kobe8Bryant4Life

Postby winstonemby on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:05 pm

Kobe8Bryant4Life wrote:I absolutely love Pierre Pierce. 1) I'm an Iowa Hawkeye fan, 2) He is a great player.

He had some issues in college and the 2nd time around got him kicked off the team. But he was close to if not the best player in the Big 10 when he played. I wanted to invite him but Golden State already had invited him. He could have made our team easily. I love him.

He can create his own shot, he can drive, he can dish off and he's a good-great defender. The only knock is he doesn't have a consistent jump shot but is very athletic.
I know, I sort of remember him in college, and that he was supposed to be a first rounder and a top prospect, but his jail time pretty much put him out of the draft.

I don't know if GS will sign him, but if he doesn't, I hope the Lakers take a look.
TEAM FARMAR MEMBER
GO BYNUM
STAY KOBE
winstonemby

Postby Crispy on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:15 pm

Related to Paul Pierce?
Crispy

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:17 pm

Crispy wrote:Related to Paul Pierce?

No relation.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:44 am

Here's one pretty new article about him: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... QTJCS1.DTL
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:09 am

He's an athletic talent, but was considered commonplace in the NBA, being a tweener who had no passing ability or shooting ability back then (that's normally the kiss of death in the NBA especially if you're a guard). And to top that all off, his off the court troubles were alarming.

I guess he's turned heads,however, particularly with the offensive barrage he's put up with GSW. May be a product of their offense, but there's no denying his numbers, seeing how he's improved his decision making and scoring efficiency on the offensive end. Still questions about his passing ability and perhaps defense, but if GSW does end up trading Monta Ellis (his name has been out there) and if they keep Pierce, they may have found another diamond in the rough in the mold of the player they traded.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Return to Summer League 2013