Ridiculous

Ridiculous

Postby Dr. Octagon on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:14 pm

So the Lakers summer league game second half starts, it's one minute in, and then a "SPECIAL PRESENTATION" comes up and its the Miami super team press conference complete with smoke effects and fireworks. I wanna watch Ebanks dominate! What the **** is this ****!!!
Dr. Octagon

Re: Ridiculous

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:16 pm

:mad1:
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Dr. Octagon wrote:So the Lakers summer league game second half starts, it's one minute in, and then a "SPECIAL PRESENTATION" comes up and its the Miami super team press conference complete with smoke effects and fireworks. I wanna watch Ebanks dominate! What the **** is this ****!!!

What channel is that game on?
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby lar9149 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:22 pm

NBA TV
lar9149

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:22 pm

lar9149 wrote:NBA TV

Thank you!
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

Big Mamma Jamma

Postby lar9149 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:22 pm

These guys are show boats not champions, they just want to be shown on TV
lar9149

Postby dagreatkobe on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:30 pm

For those of us who cant get to the tv.

http://www.dailyfunsports.com/
"You dont even know me and u mad, how it feel to be a hater?"
"Now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker" -Jay Z
dagreatkobe

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:36 pm

dagreatkobe wrote:For those of us who cant get to the tv.

http://www.dailyfunsports.com/

Thanks!!!

Big Mamma Jamma

Postby ibeo on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:43 pm

thank you
ibeo

Postby AIRBROWN on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:00 pm

How does Ebanks look?
AIRBROWN

Postby LordOfTheRings on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:07 pm

AIRBROWN wrote:How does Ebanks look?

I think Ebanks looks NBA ready, the guy is Kevin Durant LONG, has some muscle tone as well, good all around game for a rook. Caracter looks very comfortable on the block, has a good back-to-the-basket game, and a solid 10-12 ft jumper. I think they will both make the final roster, as a matter of fact, i can see them playing a little as well.
practice makes perfect... but nobodys perfect, so keep practicing...
LordOfTheRings

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:12 pm

LordOfTheRings wrote:

I think Ebanks looks NBA ready, the guy is Kevin Durant LONG, has some muscle tone as well, good all around game for a rook. Caracter looks very comfortable on the block, has a good back-to-the-basket game, and a solid 10-12 ft jumper. I think they will both make the final roster, as a matter of fact, i can see them playing a little as well.

I agree. They both look very good. 21 points for Caracter and 17 for Ebanks. It's funny that you mentioned he looks like Kevin Durant .... they way Ebanks walks and carries himself reminds me of Durant.

Big Mamma Jamma

Postby kevin_401 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Ebanks looks great, nice size long arms he will make team and give solid min..

Caracter looks a little undersized for the PF position.. i prefer josh powell and dJ over this guy
kevin_401

Postby Menoftroy on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Both Ebanks and Caracter are good players and they had 21 points each. Caracter had 9 fouls. Ebanks will be big time player and Caracter another fat baby of Celtics scoring inside the paint.
Last edited by Menoftroy on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Menoftroy

Postby RAZN74 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:18 pm

I wouldn't mind signing Caracter and Ebanks to take up the end of the benches.
RAZN74

Postby lar9149 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:50 pm

But isn't anyone anger about this stuff, they can just pull a presentation in the middle of a game like they are most important to everyone :mad1:

And what about what Lebron when asked about winning a championship he said "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, note 7...."

Well I guess you can look at that another way, perhaps he agrees with the Cleveland owner
lar9149

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:57 pm

kevin_401 wrote:Ebanks looks great, nice size long arms he will make team and give solid min..

Caracter looks a little undersized for the PF position.. i prefer josh powell and dJ over this guy

What do you mean undersized? He's nearly 6'10 and weighs 275-277 lbs. Powell is only 6'9" 240 (if that).

Big Mamma Jamma

Postby Menoftroy on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:43 pm

Big Mamma Jamma wrote:
kevin_401 wrote:Ebanks looks great, nice size long arms he will make team and give solid min..

What do you mean undersized? He's nearly 6'10 and weighs 275-277 lbs. Powell is only 6'9" 240 (if that).

Based the one game I saw Caracter is by far better than Powell.
Menoftroy

Postby Johnnyboy on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:50 pm

I forgot the PG's name for the lakers, but he looked pretty solid. Ebanks and character looked raw but good in my opinion. Wouldn't be surprised if 1 of them turn out to be a solid role player. Ebanks made a few mental mistakes that made me wonder about his IQ, but it's the first game. can't judge him
Johnnyboy

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:29 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that summer league game. Ebanks showed that at this stage of his career as a pro he already has a nice shot and his ability to get to the lane is just scary compared to Ariza.

I was also very impressed with Caracter, although he got into foul trouble with 9 fouls he showed his great footwork and ability to finish with either hand down in the low block. Not to mention he grabbed 10 rebounds and had a couple of nice blocks.

I said it before and I'll keep saying it. Both these guys in my opinion need to be signed and could gain a lot with the leaders with already have on this team in Kobe, Fisher (yes, I have faith he will resign), and Phil.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Psychobroker on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:43 pm

LordOfTheRings wrote:

They were the stars of the game tonight. Character got better as the game wore on, grabbing more boards and clearing out the paint a bit more, playing solid D, too. Ebanks looks like if he lost ~5-10 pounds he'd be even quicker off his feet. The Trevor comparisons are close, but he's a step slower... still very good and even showed a pretty good jumper (not great, but he's been working on it!)

Character plays a little like big baby, but has better footwork around the rim, not as quick laterally (yet), and is a much better passer. He had some very very good give and go's, one that went uncredited and was chalked up as a loose ball... if he makes the team, he'd be 2nd or 3rd best passing big on the team. 1) Pau 2) Character 3) LO (who IMHO is not a great passer and can't deliver a post entry pass if his life depended on it).

Ebanks/Character >>> Mbenga/Powell

I know we give up size here, but you have to sign these rooks. Ebanks' ceiling is pretty dang high imho -- a little more conditioning and he'll be as quick as Trev, stronger than Trev and is already longer than him. Character has some upside, too, but he needs to drop about another 10 lbs to help with his lateral movement. Even so, our bench NEEDS a guy that can get his AND pass out of the post. Powell is NOT that guy... and of course Mbenga is not either.

If we get lucky, Luke will retire and we can sign Ebanks, Character and Mbenga. Actually, I'd prefer we made a run at Nazr Mohammed (was earning a bloated 6.4mil, so not sure he'd sign for the vet min?), Johan Petro (was making only vet min and has more skills than Mbenga and is only 24), or even Mikey Moore (also making vet min).

“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby stack on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:44 am

They could have shown the 3 Stooges reruns, that would have had more substance!
stack

Return to Summer League 2013