Starting 5 vs the Clipps tonight + Game Updates

Starting 5 vs the Clipps tonight + Game Updates

Postby JSM on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:20 pm

OC Register Blog: The Lakers’ summer league team took the court for their scrimmage against the Clippers with a starting lineup that featured Coby Karl and Joe Crawford in the backcourt, James White and Taj Gray at forward, and Lorenzo Mata-Real at center.

The Clippers countered with NBA all-rookie first-team pick Al Thornton, second-year player Nick Fazekas, first-round draft pick Eric Gordon, second-round draft pick DeAndre Jordan and rookie Mike Taylor.

As expected, the Lakers looked disjointed in the early minutes, as the intricate responsibilities in the triangle offense can be confusing.

Against Thornton, Gordon, and Jordan...this is going to be an ugly game.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:27 pm

OC Register Blog: China forward Yi Li showed some obvious nervousness by dribbling the ball off his body and out of bounds on two consecutive possessions.
JSM

Postby Chicano on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:53 pm

^ Ouch, lol.
Chicano

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:08 pm

No live coverage of this game?
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chicano on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:09 pm

My thoughts exactly. WTF is NBATV good for anyway? :freak2:

but in all seriousness, wanna' be clear, THIS particular game was a SCRIMMAGE, a closed door one at that, so it wouldn't have gotten' any coverage anywhere really, but the real games for the lakers and clips for the summer league start THIS friday..

but my complaint towards nbatv is the fact that they can't show these damn orlando pro league games on television and the only choice is internet.. still better than nothing.. but logically, i mean c'mon.. wtf ? instead they have all these bs re-runs of old celtics crap.. i don't wanna see that sh--.
Last edited by Chicano on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicano

Postby JSM on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:12 pm

two0one7 wrote:No live coverage of this game?

It's a closed gym scrimmage.

I'm sure we'll get some more updates and OC Register blog said they'd have some video (didn't specify whether interviews or highlights) later on.
JSM

Postby trodgers on Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:32 pm

JSM wrote:
OC Register Blog: China forward Yi Li showed some obvious nervousness by dribbling the ball off his body and out of bounds on two consecutive possessions.

Nice.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JSM on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:59 pm

Crawford photo from the scrimmage

JSM

Postby JSM on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:05 am

Press Enterprise: Rookie Joe Crawford, the Lakers' second-round pick (No. 58), was "a little nervous" playing in Wednesday's scrimmage against the Clippers.

Crawford doesn't have a guaranteed contract and will play on the Lakers' summer league team.

"I still feel like I have to prove myself," Crawford said.
JSM

Postby Chicano on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:19 am

^ Of course you do kid, duhhh. lol. At least he gets it.
Chicano

Postby JSM on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:59 am

JSM

Postby Dmouse on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:26 am

I did not know Mitch is the owner of the Lakers. Check out the video at the 1:42 mark. HA ha ha....
Dmouse

Postby MagicIS350 on Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:44 pm

Nervousness is always part of the game especially being it's the first time they play against a different team. Yi Li made up for it on the defensive end

According to the above report from Sohu Sports, Yi Li put on the LA Lakers jersey, and played for 6 minutes during an unofficial scrimmage with LA Clippers last night. Same 48 minutes/4 quarters NBA rules.

The Lakers with lots of new players obviously had not gelled as a team, and not familar with Phil Jackson's Triangle Offense. As a result, they got thrashed by LA Clippers for 20+ points.

Yi Li was sent onto the court in 3Q, pitching up against Eric Gordon, the # 7th draft of this year. Eric Gordon was from Indianna University averaging 20 some points per game.

In his 6 minutes of play, Yi Li , playing hard-nose defense, managed to subdue Eric Gordon to be scoreless, but Yi Li also did not manage to score himself with very few shot attempts. He ended the game with 1 assist/1 rebound.

His team mates were impressed by Yi Li's performance, particularly on his defense of Eric Gordon. And the coach said he wished Yi Li could play more aggressive, and daring enough to attempt his shots.
GO LAKERS!!!
MagicIS350

Postby DahaDan on Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:58 pm

MagicIS350 wrote:Nervousness is always part of the game especially being it's the first time they play against a different team. Yi Li made up for it on the defensive end

According to the above report from Sohu Sports, Yi Li put on the LA Lakers jersey, and played for 6 minutes during an unofficial scrimmage with LA Clippers last night. Same 48 minutes/4 quarters NBA rules.

The Lakers with lots of new players obviously had not gelled as a team, and not familar with Phil Jackson's Triangle Offense. As a result, they got thrashed by LA Clippers for 20+ points.

Yi Li was sent onto the court in 3Q, pitching up against Eric Gordon, the # 7th draft of this year. Eric Gordon was from Indianna University averaging 20 some points per game.

In his 6 minutes of play, Yi Li , playing hard-nose defense, managed to subdue Eric Gordon to be scoreless, but Yi Li also did not manage to score himself with very few shot attempts. He ended the game with 1 assist/1 rebound.

His team mates were impressed by Yi Li's performance, particularly on his defense of Eric Gordon. And the coach said he wished Yi Li could play more aggressive, and daring enough to attempt his shots.

Sounds like Sasha Vujacic a couple years ago :mhihi:
DahaDan

Return to Summer League 2013