Sun. 7/13 - Lakers vs Grizzlies - Predictions/Comments

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:45 pm

Crawford has a solid NBA body. Could become a Mo Evans in a few years.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:46 pm

Way to make up for your screw up. Gray.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:47 pm

Caner-Medley is really good at hustling. But if you grade his skills on any individual category, he'd get an F.
JSM

Postby jxuusa on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:47 pm

Wow Lakers are kicking [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].
jxuusa

Postby KRC18 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:49 pm

Mayo is heating up.

"We the best! Know that, don’t think it, know it! Its our turn! It's our championship! Our season! Lets go out here and make a statement! Its our turn now! Let's go!"

-Kobe Bryant
KRC18

Postby lakerfansd on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:49 pm

Got my streaming working finally! Wow is Mayo that good or is Karl's defense that bad?
lakerfansd

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:51 pm

Ford with a couple nice layups.
JSM

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:53 pm

85-76. Ball game.

Lakers are now 1-1.
JSM

Postby KRC18 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:57 pm

JSM wrote:85-76. Ball game.

Lakers are now 1-1.

What the hell? I'm watching online and it's 60-51 Lakers.

"We the best! Know that, don’t think it, know it! Its our turn! It's our championship! Our season! Lets go out here and make a statement! Its our turn now! Let's go!"

-Kobe Bryant
KRC18

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:57 pm

Dunston ballin'.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:57 pm

Karl-16 points (4-12 FGs), 4 rebounds, 3 assists, played a game high 33 minutes
Bozeman-12 points, 4 rebounds
Ford-11 points, 4 rebounds
Dunston-9 points
Crawford-9 points (4-5 FGs)
Mitchell-8 points, 4 rebounds, 3 steals
Caner-Medley-7 points, 8 rebounds
Gray-5 points, 5 rebounds
Roberts-3 points, 3 assists
Kemp-3 points
Calathes-2 points
JSM

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:57 pm

KRC18 wrote:
JSM wrote:85-76. Ball game.

Lakers are now 1-1.

What the hell? I'm watching online and it's 60-51 Lakers.

It's over; boxscore is ahead of the video.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:58 pm

Mayo: 15 points, 6 fouls, 6 TO, 0 assists...anoint him.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby last stand on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:03 pm

trodgers wrote:Mayo: 15 points, 6 fouls, 6 TO, 0 assists...anoint him.

better than anything beasley or rose did in the summer league
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby last stand on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:04 pm

JSM wrote:
last stand wrote:i really wanted sun yue to play

Not on the team. You mean Yi?

no i mean i wanted sun yue on the team so we could see somewhat what hes about
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby jxuusa on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm

You'll see him during preseason
jxuusa

Postby SignPippenNow on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:11 pm

JSM I was at church and missed the game. Plan to watch it at 11 Central time here. It sounds as if you were more impressed with Crawford tonight. I really like him. I covered him since he was in the SEC and I like him. I hope they keep him this year. Remember he hasn't had triangle experience before. I think you will like Crawford more and more as it goes along. Thanks to you and others for the comments on this thread. I got caught up pretty quickly. Some dumb*&( named signpippennow predicted Memphis would kill the Lakers on page 1 of this but other than that it was a good thread. :mhihi:
SignPippenNow

Postby Aceiz2fresh on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:24 pm

Aceiz2fresh wrote:Grizzlies gonna murk us

oK
ill eat my crow
:freak2:
Aceiz2fresh

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:49 pm

^ :man10: Had Memphis not been exhausted, we would have gotten killed.

My overall impressions:

Karl - you can tell he's had experience with the real squad. His understanding of the offense and ability to run it is greater than everyone else combined. But that's expected considering this is only the second game that all of these other players have played in the offense (I'm assuming). His J was way off but good things happened when he attacked the rim. It got to the point where I knew he was going to miss his 3 point attempt before it left his hands. He hustled on D, but got scorched pretty good by Mayo when he decided to go off on him. I am surprised he played 33 minutes that's much more than anyone else on either team. I guess the coaching staff is really trying to make up their mind with him. Perhaps seeing if he could step in and backup Kobe?

Bozeman - he had a nice game. His J was falling and he was able to get to beat his man to the rim on a couple impressive plays. The fake and drive comes to mind.

Ford - stat wise he had a pretty decent game. He got his fouls better under control compared to game one. However, I liked his decisions with the ball better in game one. Either late in the 3rd or early in the 4th, he strung together a couple nice layups.

Dunston - for me, he has been a pleasant surprise. He's played well in both games. He makes good decisions with the ball in the post. Seems to have a couple strong post moves. He hustles. I don't think he has any remote chance of making the team, but I would like to see him in camp. He's been the most impressive big in my mind. Maybe we can store him on the D-Fenders and promise him a 10 day if any of our bigs get hurt next year.

Crawford - A completely different Joe than we saw in game one. He was calm, cool, and composed tonight. He didn't try to make plays he isn't capable of making. He only missed one shot. He didn't force the issue. His J was on and he made a few nice attack moves towards the rim. And he cut his turnovers in half from game one. I'm just glad he didn't miss his fastbreak layup or else I would have been mortified. I think he got his game one butterflies out of his system. Looking forward to see what he brings in the next game.

Mitchell - Like Dunston, Mitchell's game has been a big surprise to me. He has a great NBA ready body. Like Crawford and Kemp, his strength is tucking the ball in and ramming towards the rim. He had a few very nice plays tonight, including a 1 man fast break which started with a steal and ended in slam. He has a big enough body that he can battle guys for the boards (4 tonight) and can play his man physically on D. Aside from his 3 steals, he played some good D on Mayo for a few plays. The problem is, and I think jorker talked about this after game 1, that slashers really need to be good FT shooters. If you make your living by attacking the rim, you've got to be able to knock down your free throws. Michell cannot. He's shooting 50% from the line for the two games, but he's an awful FT shooter for a guard. If he could learn to hit FTs, he could be decent.

Caner-Medley - Perhaps the most deceptive stat line of the entire game. 7 points, 8 rebounds, and he can't do a single thing well. He hustles but it's like the Mark Madsen hustle. Where he can't play but is active and gives a team 6 fouls. He had trouble holding on to the ball. He was a much better shooter in college but tonight it was just bad. His posted moves were rushed and he looked quite uncoordinated. His best sequence came from a tip in dunk, followed by a Big Ben-esque swat (Detroit Big Ben, but it was ruled a goal tending).

Gray - I thought he looked better in game one, even though statistically he performed better tonight. Got caught on a couple silly fouls and lost the ball a couple times. He hustles for rebounds and is a big body. Going into summer league, I was expecting more.

Roberts - Nothing special tonight, but 100% better than that tragedy in game 1. He was the second worst player on the floor in the first game. Perhaps it was the jitters. But he in game one he had 5 TOs, 0 assists. Tonight he had 0 TOs, 3 assists. Still couldn't shoot. But did a better job with the ball.

Kemp - Under 5 minutes of play, didn't do much. I hope he gets more playing time in game 3 because I believed he was one of the better prospects in our camp.

Calathes - Color me confused. Draft Express, ESPN, and some here consider him one of the best undrafted players out there. After the draft, I might have agreed with you. But after seeing a little of him in the Orlando summer league and then tonight, I'm not impressed in the least. He looks way too timid on the floor. He's a point forward but his J hasn't been falling consistently. Not sure what's his deal.
JSM

Postby SignPippenNow on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:57 pm

Great post man and thanks for what you and others do on this board. I am anxious to watch it tonight and great post and insight.
SignPippenNow

Postby Aceiz2fresh on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:58 pm

good stuff J
Aceiz2fresh

Postby SignPippenNow on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:56 am

I don't see it with Calathes either. Not sure what they are seeing. If Caner--Medley had any basketball skills he would be awesome. He just busts his rear out there but as you said doesn't really do anything well. I like the two big men and they are a surprise to me. I like them and Bozeman surprised me. I am not high on him but he may make me a believer. Wish James White would wake up and get in there and do something. A DNP isn't what I expected of him.
SignPippenNow

Postby JSM on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:11 pm

^ Yeah, it's a real shame with White. He is one of the most athletic players in all of summer league but about all he can do is jump. He doesn't seem to have that good of a work ethic because he really hasn't improved any aspect of his game.

I forgot to mention how thrilled I was to see Mata-Real get a DNP.

Panaggio seems to be rotating two guys out a night. So far we haven't seen the following guys play: Jefferson, Li, Kelati, Thomas, and Zeno. I'd like to see Jefferson and Li get some time tomorrow night.
JSM

Postby trodgers on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:36 pm

If Zeno is going to get a chance, I'd like it to be more than one game. I'll say again that he has the skills to be a triangle guard.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby KB24 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:42 am

thnx for the comments JSM...

For me, it isn't worth it to wake up late night to see these scrubs play...so to have a reliable analysis of the games it pretty useful and appreciated.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Summer League 2013