Postby JSM on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:15 pm

1 PM PST Raptors vs. Kings
3 PM Cats vs. Clippers
5 PM 76ers vs. Nuggets
7 PM Grizzlies vs. Bucks
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:51 pm

Sean Banks, from our Defenders, is playing with the Raptors.

I wish we would have given him an invite to our team.
JSM

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:52 pm

Banks lit it up in the DL.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Justwar on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:06 pm

Banks could score but I'm always leery of Memphis players in the Calipari era
Justwar

Postby JSM on Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Joe Alexander vs. Critt and Conley on the webcast now.
JSM

Postby JSM on Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:32 pm

Critt with the bucket.
JSM

Postby last stand on Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:58 pm

i have to say maybe my mayo prediction will be 100% right

i said from day 1 he was my favorite play in the draft

the skill set, defense, IQ, and work ethic to me say he'll be better than rose

who by the way has knee tendinitis already at 19 years old

i think if they grab the right center

arthur
gay
mayo
crittenton or conley whichever one turns out better

they might be more promising than portland

mainly because i think mayo will be way better than brandon roy and gay looks very good
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby last stand on Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:59 pm

trade farmar+mihm for crittenton

crittenton fits the triangle offense way better than jordan

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby JSM on Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:46 pm

Mayo looked pretty good. 26 points (9-19 FGs, 4-6 3pt FGs)

Critt looked better than he did last night and looked better than Conley did, even though Conley didn't get a whole lot of burn.
Critt: 6, 6, 6 and only 3 TOs tonight.

I was expecting a better game out of Alexander. It was his first game though. Hopefully he'll shake his 2-13 off and give us some highlight dunks this next week.

I only caught a little of the Cats vs Clipps game. I wanted to see more to see how Augustin would do. From what I saw he looked solid. He ended up with 14 points in under 24 minutes. I was expecting more assists though.
JSM

Postby JSM on Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:52 pm

last stand wrote:i have to say maybe my mayo prediction will be 100% right

arthur
gay
mayo

mainly because i think mayo will be way better than brandon roy and gay looks very good

It's way too soon to tell and Rose's knee injury isn't anything to worry about.

He didn't miss a game at Memphis and I don't believe he missed one in HS (could be mistaken, but they said that somewhere around the time of the draft...might have been his Sr year...don't know). Chicago was being overly cautions and already have him in a strengthening program because Memphis couldn't properly provide that.

Mayo is a much better scorer than Rose will ever be. Rose is a facilitator 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. He had scrubs to work with in Orlando. Noah might have been one of the worst players there. Tyrus Thomas thought he was sent there to jack up shots. Aaron Gray is just bad. Nichols is so-so and no one else on their Orlando team will be on the roster. When you're a passer and you have no one to pass you, you aren't going to look very good. His passes were either bobbled, dropped, or ended in a missed J. Rose is going to look much better when he's playing with actual NBA talent.
JSM

Postby last stand on Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:33 am

JSM wrote:
last stand wrote:i have to say maybe my mayo prediction will be 100% right

arthur
gay
mayo

It's way too soon to tell and Rose's knee injury isn't anything to worry about.

He didn't miss a game at Memphis and I don't believe he missed one in HS (could be mistaken, but they said that somewhere around the time of the draft...might have been his Sr year...don't know). Chicago was being overly cautions and already have him in a strengthening program because Memphis couldn't properly provide that.

Mayo is a much better scorer than Rose will ever be. Rose is a facilitator 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. He had scrubs to work with in Orlando. Noah might have been one of the worst players there. Tyrus Thomas thought he was sent there to jack up shots. Aaron Gray is just bad. Nichols is so-so and no one else on their Orlando team will be on the roster. When you're a passer and you have no one to pass you, you aren't going to look very good. His passes were either bobbled, dropped, or ended in a missed J. Rose is going to look much better when he's playing with actual NBA talent.

thats why i picked mayo over rose in that thread

rose is a nice passer and stong with the ball but his offensive game still revolves around those two things

mayo on the other hand can shoot, pass, drive, post, defend hes a rare complete player with room to grow. he also has a kobe-esque work ethic you mix his talent with that work ethic forget it.

but on rose's knee it does worry me because yeah he isn't missing games now but in 5 years that knee just gets worse and worse

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:30 am

More promising than Portland though? Not even close.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Vincey on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:13 am

LOL 2 summer league games man. Slow the roll on the "more promising than Portland talk".
Vincey

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:42 am

JSM

Postby last stand on Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:40 pm

trodgers wrote:More promising than Portland though? Not even close.

fine lets go position by position

first PG

while portland is riding their PG hopes on one unknown memphis is riding on 3 unknowns and mathematically memphis has a better shot at finding a starting PG maybe even an all star

second SG

brandon roy is good (all star) good but from the beginning we knew what he was a guy who was NBA ready and would get better but didn't have that high ceiling his ceiling is much lower. now with memphis you have OJ mayo a guy who i feel is very comparable to roy coming out of college but he has all the same talent but with a much higher ceiling. Mayo also has a kobe-like work ethic which with his talent should allow him to get as close to that ceiling as possible. in a guard dominant league roy has the oppurtunity to be really good while mayo has the oppurtunity to be great.

third SF

this is simple rudy gay has an enormous ceiling he has athleticism, hes a really good shooter, hes got a great skill set, plays good defense, and looks like hes gotten better every year which is what you want in a young player. travis outlaw is a nice player who has taken a while to show up on the scene but hes got athleticism hes got cold blood, and hes got some nice defense and some nice skills. but honestly whose the better prospect both are very close in age and its clear rudy is the better prospect by far. rudy gay has the oppurtunity to be a perrenial all star while outlaw looks to be in the teyshaun prince mold.

fourth PF

this is an interesting one because aldridge is a good player very good but he has some softness he would rather shoot a fade away than bang down low. thats fine though hes there to score in the post not to be a banger and he does his job well. does he have all star potential yes he does IMO and hes gottent better every year. he'll never be a top 5 PF but he will most likely be top 10 in his day. now memphis you may say who do they have well darrell aurthur who with CDR will be the steal of the draft because of how far they fell. darrell has a lot of athleticism and skills for a big and hes got the ability to rebound at a high rate. will he ever be even close to an all star i don't know i don't know his work ethic as of now. as of now portlan wins this position in a landslide.

fifth C

well portland has greg oden and memphis has well darko portland wins this without needing description. but now if memphis drafts a center next year maybe there can be discussion but as of now hell no.

bench

portland has a lot of talent on that bench from rudy fernandez to martell webster to even ike diogu and channing frye they just have much more pieces off the bench. memphis will get that eventually but now no.

so as you see memphis and portland are tied at 3 each its not as far apart as you think when you look at it. if oden manages to bust it even tips in memphis' favor

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand