Who do you want Lakers to invite to camp?

Who do you want Lakers to invite to camp?

Postby JSM on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:46 pm

For me:

1) Bryce Taylor (Oregon, SG): A heady jack of all trades. Phil would like him.

2) Othello Hunter (Ohio St., PF): What he lacks in height he makes up for in length and athleticism, had a fantastic pre-draft camp.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Chicano on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:50 pm

I like your Bryce Taylor mention A LOT. Also Lorenzo Mata (UCLA) & Davon Jefferson from USC. All these guys are greater than Coby Karl imo.
Chicano

Postby popo on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:50 pm

As far as rooks - Demarcus Nelson(Duke), Lorenzo Mata(UCLA)

Vets- Juluis Hodge, Chris Taft, Dijon Thompson.
popo

Postby bobyahead on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:43 am

wow, what happened to chris taft? wasn't that the guy out of pitt? He was supposed to be really good.

i just want to see a backcourt of coby and sun yue... I think that would be great to watch.

Match them up with high flying small fowards...

I wouldn't mind to see jefferson, mata, and James White. Just for the heck of it. haha Shoot, bring on Gerald Green! haha
bobyahead

Postby leakbrewergator on Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:32 am

Gary Forbes

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby trodgers on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:01 am

Marcus Dove - best perimeter defender in college

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kxOSsG4BP58
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby leakbrewergator on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:19 am

Keith Brumbaugh

leakbrewergator

Postby popo on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:52 pm

Some other players

Rooks- Ty Lawson

Vets- Allan Ray, Ryan Humprey.
popo

Postby Chicano on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:57 pm

Ty Lawson decided to stay at UNC along with Tyler Hansbrough, Wayne Ellington, Danny Green, & some other top freshman recruits coming in. They are automatically favored to win it all next season.
Chicano

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:23 pm

Yeah, I agree with Marcus Dove. I know we have Ariza, and although Dove's offensive game (or lack thereof) is a severe hindrance, rangy athletic defenders in his mold are a premium and that's why he was even considered a potential 2nd round draftee in the first place. We should get him with us.

DeMarcus Nelson is an okay prospect, a California native and I remember he did post in this board before entering Duke; I think that smaller Dahntay Jones comparison is apt, because all that seems to stand out with him is his toughness. Like Joe Crawford, he seems to be a SF in a PG's body, because he's not a good shooter and lacks great scoring tools, and passes the ball like a SF (not even at an SG level). Good athlete, but doesn't finish well around the basket enough, and seems to lack that elite level athleticism that will help him overcome his height. Good for our summer league, but more than likely a Europe player.

Bryce Taylor should be nice--he has surprising athleticism combined with good shooting touch--but he lacks height and an all-around game. But that athleticism and shooting touch combination should've gotten him drafted, even if he rarely makes use of that athleticism. Average defender.

I like Davon Jefferson on our team. Another local product, but that athleticism should've been hard to pass up on. Obviously has a poor work ethic and an inability to develop a consistent offensive game, and lacks defensive fundamentals, but he's solid clay to build with especially for the SPL.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Chicano on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:58 pm

^ He has horrible character unfortunately though, Davon that is. He could've been drafted talent-wise over a ton of other players in the draft, but his character issues is said to be what killed him tremendously. There's been reports that Tim Floyd, coach of USC, would literally call him out on various occasions & question his heart & focus. He's said to be the type who loves to party too much & get mixed up with the wrong crowds & influences.

By the way, rydjorker121, I've always wondered, is that really YOU in your avi? & also, homie you need to SERIOUSLY update your sig, BIG TIME!
Chicano

Postby Goozer on Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:30 pm

I know this doesnt belong in this thread, but is Gerald Green a free agent?
Goozer

Postby dane99 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:43 pm

jamont gordon
dane99

Postby Chicano on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:47 pm

Goozer wrote:I know this doesnt belong in this thread, but is Gerald Green a free agent?
Definitely. He's COMPLETELY FREE!! It's incredible & almost sad really what's happened with him. He is FULL, I mean FULL of potential and a FREAKISH athlete, & yet nobody seems to wanna' take a chance on him. He can't be any worse than Smush or especially Coby Karl, that's for sure. I REALLY wish we'd at least give him an invite.
Chicano

Postby leakbrewergator on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:19 am

James White.

leakbrewergator

Postby grego on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:08 pm

leakbrewergator wrote:James White.

He can jump out of a building but has not shown much else
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby deal on Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:38 am

leakbrewergator wrote:Keith Brumbaugh

Would love to see him in camp... i'm just curious...

:mhihi:
deal

Postby leakbrewergator on Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:48 am

deal wrote:
leakbrewergator wrote:Keith Brumbaugh

Would love to see him in camp... i'm just curious...

:mhihi:

Yeah I've played with Keith. The boy can ball. There are just a TON of character issues.

leakbrewergator

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:54 pm

Damn. Wolves have Bryce Taylor on their summer league roster. They always get some good undrafted guys on their summer league squad.
JSM

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:43 pm

gerald green
jamont gordon
devon jefferson
shaun livingston
randolph morris
last stand

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:53 pm

No way Livingston plays for anyone in any summer league play. He'd get hurt and miss another year.
JSM

Postby last stand on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:41 pm

JSM wrote:No way Livingston plays for anyone in any summer league play. He'd get hurt and miss another year.

he aint getting a contract till people see him in summer league

if he takes that approach he aint even going to get a call if he was smart he would send out a message that hes willing to strap up for summer league people will flock to him

if he performs hes on a team

hes an idiot if he holds out thinking people will sign a guy who has one knee without seeing where he is right now
last stand

Postby jimbo327 on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:14 pm

I say Gerald Green just for some spectacular dunks in SPL.
jimbo327

Postby Brooklyn on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:52 am

Willie Solomon, definitely. Solid defender plus a polished offensive game, I always thought he can already start for many teams in the league. He always brings a few off the court issues but he's the best American guard, playing outside US, for me.

Gerald Green is sure too good to be true to be in a free agency menu, but I always wondered what the hell is wrong with this guy since the day he is waived.

Tarence Kinsey also had a good season with my local team playing alongside Solomon. Despite his skinny size, he can play defense. He also improved his offensive game too. Worth a slot.

For the possibility of a Turiaf departure, how about a highflyer Marcus Haislip with a 2nd chance?

And from undrafted guys, Reggie Williams, Bryce Taylor, Jaycee Carroll, DeMarcus Nelson, Gary Forbes, Davon Jefferson could all be considered for an invitation.
Brooklyn

Postby leakbrewergator on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:46 am

Isn't Kinsey still w/ Memphis?

leakbrewergator

Next

Return to Summer League 2013