Will the Lakers have there own team?

Will the Lakers have there own team?

Postby Kobe8Bryant4Life on Tue May 30, 2006 10:01 pm

Or how is it going to work? Didn't they buy a team?
Kobe8Bryant4Life

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Tue May 30, 2006 10:23 pm

I think don't buy anything.
They're just declaring that they'll play.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby BDG on Tue May 30, 2006 10:40 pm

I think you're getting confused between the SPL & NBDL.

Lakers have had their own team at the Summer Pro League for a while -- they use it to evaluate prospective talent and rookie talent.

The Lakers (Dr. Buss) did purchase an NBDL team this year and the Lakers get to assign (signed) players on their roster next season to the D-League (NBDL) to get experience since it's hard to give them playing time when they're at the bottom of the bench.

www.summerproleague.com
www.nbdl.com

Hope that helps.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe8Bryant4Life on Wed May 31, 2006 12:42 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:I think you're getting confused between the SPL & NBDL.

Lakers have had their own team at the Summer Pro League for a while -- they use it to evaluate prospective talent and rookie talent.

The Lakers (Dr. Buss) did purchase an NBDL team this year and the Lakers get to assign (signed) players on their roster next season to the D-League (NBDL) to get experience since it's hard to give them playing time when they're at the bottom of the bench.

www.summerproleague.com
www.nbdl.com

Hope that helps.

Thanks man. But there NBDL league will be strictly players that we signed to play there?
Kobe8Bryant4Life

Postby KB24 on Wed May 31, 2006 1:52 am

Kobe8Bryant4Life wrote:

www.summerproleague.com
www.nbdl.com

Hope that helps.

Thanks man. But there NBDL league will be strictly players that we signed to play there?

Actually the NBDL decided to make some strict rules to make sure, those teams that buy an NBDL team, do not benefit and try to aquire any player they want and sign them. Lakers won´t have a huge benefit from it.
Last edited by KB24 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Kobe8Bryant4Life on Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:59 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
Kobe8Bryant4Life wrote:

www.summerproleague.com
www.nbdl.com

Hope that helps.

Actually the NBDL decided to make some strikt rules to make sure, those teams that buy an NBDL team, do not benefit and try to aquire any player they want and sign them. Lakers won´t have a huge benefit from it.

Well if that isn't confusing as heck.
Kobe8Bryant4Life

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:34 am

I think the laker-owned team will run the triangle so it would benefit those players (Bynum) who are sent down there to play for awhile..
KareemTheGreat33

Return to Summer League 2013