All US Teams thread!

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:13 pm

Williams sisters takes the gold!
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby CrazyLikeCatfish on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:25 pm

two0one7 wrote:Williams sisters takes the gold!
:jam2:
CrazyLikeCatfish

Postby grego on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:35 pm

If anyone hasn't seen Phelps miracle finish. Here are the SI photos that break it down.

Here's the one showing Cavic has not touched.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multim ... ent.6.html
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:05 pm

CrazyLikeCatfish wrote:
two0one7 wrote:Williams sisters takes the gold!
:jam2:

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby BDG on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:34 pm

Who else HATES Olympic boxing? I can't watch it.

The scoring system is so flawed and rewards headhunting. I find myself rarely agreeing with the judges at times.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby grego on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:47 pm

Damn, Youngs and Branagh are out of the beach volleyball.

Go May/Walsh!!
grego

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:08 pm

Woman's rowing 8 takes the Gold!
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:03 pm

BDG wrote:Who else HATES Olympic boxing? I can't watch it.

The scoring system is so flawed and rewards headhunting. I find myself rarely agreeing with the judges at times.

I don't watch it and I love boxing.. :man5:

They need to take a page out of fencing..I don't know how but I think human factor should be taken out of the scoring system..
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby KB24 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:26 pm

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=PGpVaDjrDJw

:man4: :man4: :man4: :man4: :man4:

man these guys are some crazy azz mofos...MUST SEE

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=A8IVASo0umU

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=KW_6Lzr47 ... re=related

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=n-pcA3jOf ... re=related

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=UiPhfbZsS54

there is no sport like table tennis where you see the difference between pros and amateurs...I play table tennis in a club (for now 15 years) myself and thats absolutely impossible by any stretch of imagination.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby leakbrewergator on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:32 pm

Do all the countries go out and hire Chinese women to play table tennis for them?

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby KB24 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:33 pm

leakbrewergator wrote:Do all the countries go out and hire Chinese women to play table tennis for them?

pretty much yes...and chinese love to do it as well..

look...China is allowed to bring 3 players to the olympics for the single tournament...

they have 5 players among the top 7 of the world, including 1,2,3...so a chinese guy can be 4th in the world and not be allowed to make the olymics...isn't that an insult? lol

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby CrazyLikeCatfish on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm

US men with a sweep in 400m hurdles! 1-2-3!
CrazyLikeCatfish

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:17 pm

CrazyLikeCatfish wrote:US men with a sweep in 400m hurdles! 1-2-3!

Yeah, great stuff.

On a different note, I feel bad for Liu Xiang (sp?). I was looking forward to seeing him in the 110 hurdles.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby halekulani on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:25 pm

brazil vs usa beach volleyball
mmmmmmmmm
halekulani

Postby grego on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:43 pm

May and Walsh!!
grego

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:54 pm

May and Walsh 107 straight Victories :man4: :man4: And people say Phelps is dominating
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:11 pm

WTF?! Natisa got robbed. She had the better routine but tied in score with the Chinese girl who got the convoluted tie breaker. BS.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/gymnastics/n ... kin+silver

Nastia Liukin tied for first but got second in an incredibly convoluted scoring mess in the women's uneven bars competition Monday at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:15 pm

two0one7 wrote:WTF?! Natisa got robbed. She had the better routine but tied in score with the Chinese girl who got the convoluted tie breaker.

That has been the story of the Gymnastic events for the Chinese and the Americans. The deductions for the Chinese have been minimal at best while the Americans have been getting hammered. Any proof you need just look at the Vault where the Chinese girl had 2 MAJOR mistakes as in not hitting the horse evenly and not landing on her feet at all yet she still beat the Americans
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:18 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
two0one7 wrote:WTF?! Natisa got robbed. She had the better routine but tied in score with the Chinese girl who got the convoluted tie breaker.

That has been the story of the Gymnastic events for the Chinese and the Americans. The deductions for the Chinese have been minimal at best while the Americans have been getting hammered. Any proof you need just look at the Vault where the Chinese girl had 2 MAJOR mistakes as in not hitting the horse evenly and not landing on her feet at all yet she still beat the Americans

It's ridiculous. Criminal I say. First Sacramone got beat by a Chinese girl who didn't even land her vault and now Natsia gets robbed by some convoluted tie breaker.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby halekulani on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:21 pm

i thought yang yilin (bronze medalist) did better than both of them *shrug*
she had no huge errors and nailed the landing
halekulani

Postby grego on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:28 pm

halekulani wrote:i thought yang yilin (bronze medalist) did better than both of them *shrug*
she had no huge errors and nailed the landing

She was probably the best of the top 3. Oh well.

Looks like NBC was focusing on that one girls chest (the one in the blue outfit that helps walk people around).
grego

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:30 pm

two0one7 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

It's ridiculous. Criminal I say. First Sacramone got beat by a Chinese girl who didn't even land her vault and now Natsia gets robbed by some convoluted tie breaker.

They say the home team gets a good 30% increase on their medals but some of this is crazy. I also love how all the random lane assignments in the 400 meter races for men and women had all the top American sprinters in lanes 7 and 8. I am not saying just 1 or 2 or even half I am saying nearly all of them with a few in lane 2. Even Jeremy Warner was in lane 7 or 8.

These olympics have been very entertaining and I could probably yell conspiracy all day (as could most countries I suspect) but in the end I have to tip my hat off to 90% of the ahtletes who have performed so far.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Weezy on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:35 pm

Kobe and LeBron were at the beach volleyball game with Walsh and May, those 2 seem to be going to a few events together, enjoying the games. I think they realize how lucky they are to get to see all that and from good seats too. :mhihi:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby grego on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:39 pm

Weezy wrote:Kobe and LeBron were at the beach volleyball game with Walsh and May, those 2 seem to be going to a few events together, enjoying the games. I think they realize how lucky they are to get to see all that and from good seats too. :mhihi:

I guess they learned of this beach volleyball thing. Soon a lightbulb will go off in Kobe's head when he realizes its in his backyard. . :man1:
grego

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:54 pm

Weezy wrote:Kobe and LeBron were at the beach volleyball game with Walsh and May, those 2 seem to be going to a few events together, enjoying the games. I think they realize how lucky they are to get to see all that and from good seats too. :mhihi:

One of the things I found very cool was when the four swimmers were interviewed after getting the Gold medal one of them (I think it was Lezaik) said that they could not lose infront of two of the best in the world Kobe and Lebron. He said that helped fuel them that those two guys were there to cheer them on.

I think it means a lot to the other Olympians that Kobe, Bron and the rest of basketball players come to their events. It should also be mentioned that the Chinese Government will not let Kobe go anywhere but to the arenas and the Olympic village because he causes to much chaos :man10:
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Team USA