Artest Criticizes USA Basketball

Artest Criticizes USA Basketball

Postby JSM on Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:05 pm

NY Post: Ron Artest continued his assault on USA Basketball last night, saying sneaker companies have too much of a say in who competed at the World Championships last month in Japan. Still smarting after not even getting a tryout for the squad, Artest also blamed politics for his being snubbed.

"They didn't even give me a chance to represent them," Artest said before last night's All-Star Classic for Wheelchair Charities at the Garden. "I was one of like 10 players in the league that came out and said I want to play, and they didn't even give me a chance to play."
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby nameant on Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:23 pm

he has a point. he should be on the team. with his size he might even be able to play PF.
nameant

Postby NUMBER 8 on Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:23 pm

a complete nutcase representing the USA??? Hmm wonder why he didnt get a invite?
NUMBER 8

Postby BDG on Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:36 pm

Artest definitely would have helped this team.

If it ever somehow happens...

Ron + Kobe = no easy buckets for swingmen.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby MarkMadsen on Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:48 pm

thank you....ive been wanting Artest on TEAM USA since he wasnt invited.

If any he would of provided that bad [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] attitude TEAM USA lacked. Like Barkley added, Zo added in previous years.
MarkMadsen

Postby Basketball Fan on Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:53 pm

NUMBER 8 wrote:a complete nutcase representing the USA??? Hmm wonder why he didnt get a invite?

I dislike Artest as much as the next person probably even moreso since I am a Pacers fan BUT there are many who balk at Kobe representing Team USA because of his rape case.

And AI with his "image" and brushes with the law.

Magic with his HIV status and Malone, Barkley and others with their drama...

Fact of the matter is if it were truly about character and representing the ideal morals of the U.S. none of these players would've played. I mean really... why start having standards now.
Basketball Fan

Postby Coville on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:14 pm

NUMBER 8 wrote:a complete nutcase representing the USA??? Hmm wonder why he didnt get a invite?

Hey man, we need to represent all Americans, even the crazy ones.
Coville

Postby SOAD on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:17 pm

Coville wrote:

:man10: Good one
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Crispy on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:22 pm

i think the team we have now is good. we have a good mixture of offense and defense
Crispy

Postby BadNewsBear on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:31 pm

Artest would've really helped the US. We need someone who isn't afraid to crack skulls.
BadNewsBear

Postby 2Pacalypse on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:43 pm

crispy wrote:i think the team we have now is good. we have a good mixture of offense and defense

Defense :man10:
2Pacalypse
<b><font color="red">Random Thread King

Postby Crispy on Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:01 pm

Nissan Motorsports wrote:
crispy wrote:i think the team we have now is good. we have a good mixture of offense and defense

wade, lebron, brand, howard, paul, hinrich, battier

:man3:
Crispy

Postby revgen on Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:27 pm

Artest is right. He's saying he should have been given a chance to try out for the team even if he wasn't selected. I can't say that I disagree with him.

He is certainly a better defender than James, Anthony, or Wade. His offense isn't bad either. Even if USA Basketball didn't want him, they should have given him a chance to tryout just out of respect.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby DMK on Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:27 pm

Say what you want about Artest....

dude hasnt been as bad a nutcase as everyone likes to think. Do any of you actually remember why he ran into the stands 2 years ago??? Dude was chillen... obviously restrianing himself... when WHAMMO!!! beer to the face. Dont care who you are... you hit me in the face with a soft drink or beer or liquid of any sort, and i see you do it.. ima respond in physical violence to your person :man10:

Ron ON THE COURT is a maniac on D.... and dude can score, hes rugged...can shoot the 3, bang inside... and shut your best player down. Why not have him on the USA team? Afterall...VC had how many altercations in the olympic games and noone said nothin?

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby 2Pacalypse on Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:29 pm

crispy wrote:

Greece had a lay up drill against team USA defense. Since when does Wade and Lebron play any defense? How many defensive team has Lebron and wade been on ? 0
2Pacalypse
<b><font color="red">Random Thread King

Postby Crispy on Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:30 pm

revgen wrote:Artest is right. He's saying he should have been given a chance to try out for the team even if he wasn't selected. I can't say that I disagree with him.

He is certainly a better defender than James, Anthony, or Wade. His offense isn't bad either. Even if USA Basketball didn't want him, they should have given him a chance to tryout just out of respect.

yea, i agree, same with AI. instead of guys like luke ridnour and adam morrison :hurl:
Crispy

Postby methodnredd on Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:30 pm

I love Artest.

The NBA is way too soft now.
methodnredd

Postby strikemode14 on Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:46 pm

Artest isn't on the team becuase he may cause an international incident. I can see it now..

Breaking News

Artest has jumped into the stands and assualted the chinese leader. Artest thought the leader threw a beer at him but, it was the guy behind him. Artest has been put in jail and a trial is set..

In other news China is gearing up for war in retilation.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Who's Your Mamba? on Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:12 pm

strikemode14 wrote:Artest isn't on the team becuase he may cause an international incident. I can see it now..

Breaking News

Artest has jumped into the stands and assualted the chinese leader. Artest thought the leader threw a beer at him but, it was the guy behind him. Artest has been put in jail and a trial is set..

:jam2: :man10:
Who's Your Mamba?

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:12 pm

Artest is the bomb. :jam2: I'd love to have a nutcase like him on our team. He puts fear into the guy who's gaurding.
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby Perfecto on Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:15 pm

Coville wrote:

we already have

:man10:
Perfecto

Postby JSM on Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:52 pm

We should have at least had him in camp. IF nothing else, he would have been GREAT competition for the rest of the guys in practice.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby jBL on Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:16 pm

crispy wrote:

Greece had a lay up drill against team USA defense. Since when does Wade and Lebron play any defense? How many defensive team has Lebron and wade been on ? 0

It was like reminiscent of Lakers and Suns game. Smush getting beat down everytime by Nash on pick and roll :man10:
jBL

Postby slimjim on Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:22 pm

strikemode14 wrote:Artest isn't on the team becuase he may cause an international incident. I can see it now..

Breaking News

previously on 24. :man1:
slimjim

Ron Ron and the softies...

Postby gcclaker on Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:30 pm

I always enjoyed his game [his off court antics notwithstanding]. Artest with his tough, aggressive mindset would be a good fit. He does not have to concentrate on offense but zero in on the opponent's main scorer and wreak havoc on team D too. One of the few who has the swagger and shows it on the floor. Pat Riley on trying to acquire players who have questionable attitudes always remember the advice he was once told that you can't have all milk drinkers on your team. To me, that always rings true.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Next

Return to Team USA