August 4, 2012 - USA vs. Lithuania

Re: August 4, 2012 - USA vs. Lithuania

Postby LakerFanIam on Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:35 am

Tragic wrote:^Kobe shot 7-28?

NO

Oops... my bad. Sorry. I misread a stat about the team's three point shooting ...

Kobe went 1-7 in this game... 0-3 from three.
LakerFanIam

Postby kobebryant248 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:03 am

not only kobe played bad tonight vs lithuania. there were several other players that played awful. totally awful team effort despite the win.
kobebryant248

Postby LakerFanIam on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:42 pm

kobebryant248 wrote:not only kobe played bad tonight vs lithuania. there were several other players that played awful. totally awful team effort despite the win.

This was their laziest defensive effort for sure... Due to the lack of an organized half court offense, Team USA needs to pressure the ball & cause turnovers... They just didn't have the effort on D today.
LakerFanIam

Postby Finwë on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:16 pm

kray28 wrote:Lot of selfish, 1on1 ball, jacking up threes...funny part was Kobe willingly deferring to LeBron.

I don't know about you, but I was kinda cringing when LeBron was doing his signature dribble back like 7 feet behind the 3pt line and preparing to charge while Kobe and Durant were standing on the corners merely spacing the floor.
It just felt really weird, seeing guys like Kobe, Durant and Paul just space the floor for LeBron, just moving out of his way, like he was the best closer on the team, and no one else should shoot it.. Cringe worthy. What's worse is that I doubt that predictable 1 on 1 top of the key ISO will work against good defensive teams.. Also the refs may not be so kind with non-calls on traveling..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:21 pm

kray28 wrote:
karacha wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:USA Offense:
1. Fastbreak
2. Three Pointer
3. Post Up/Drive
4. ISO

And you're actually being generous here.

I think Coach K is a little overrated...I see very little coaching, and the inmates basically run the asylum.

Yup, been saying this for a while now. People think it's almost blasphemous to say so, but IMO it's pretty evident. He's kinda riding the team's unmatchable talent. There are little to no schemes, awful sets, substitutions that are difficult to explain... No sets for key possessions (unless you count that pick & roll with a guard a set... It's awful. The screen is set far from the 3pt line, and most of the time it ends with a poor shot, likely a contested 3.)
Someone mentioned that he does a great job at coaching the team's D, but IMO that's also a product of personnel. There are no great schemes, it's just overwhelming ball pressure, athleticism to stay with players and contest every shot, versatility to switch every screen, and depth to allow guys to have strength to play active D throughout the game.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:31 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:lebron helped separate the USA from lithuania at the end but i still dont like how he plays the game 90% of the time

+1
I obviously acknowledge his production, I just never, ever liked his game in terms of style and aesthetics.

Also, I didn't like the way he played in quarters 1 through 3. He got the ball top of the key, dribbled it a bit towards the basket, and kicked it out for a very cold Deron Williams who just kept missing 3s. At some point you either have to take the ball to the basket instead of dishing it out constantly or you have to stop asking for it.. It was as if he wanted the ball but didn't really want to finish the play, he was kicking it out the second the D pressured him, and it's not as if the team was hot from 3, it was the complete opposite.

I would much rather they used him on the block like they did with Melo (he should be able to overpower players at will -though that's something people have been asking him to do since he got to the L and hasn't really accomplished it..) and off-screens and dish-offs so he can explode to the basket. Having him dribble the ball and attacking from 7 feet behind the 3pt line is extremely ugly to watch, it's predictable, and it makes everyone else become a floor spacer..
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Thank LBJ for saving the USA :bow: If anyone questions your cluchness they are simply fools. ESPN just showed me all his clutch 4th quarter performances in the playoffs and Finals. :man4: Way to go!
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:14 pm

^ Lol you know when LeBeon performs a certain way they have go back to the beginning of his career to validate it lol. But he was helpful in that win.
Jazzygirl205

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:20 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Thank LBJ for saving the USA :bow: If anyone questions your cluchness they are simply fools. ESPN just showed me all his clutch 4th quarter performances in the playoffs and Finals. :man4: Way to go!

Collins makes me want to blow my brains out, dude is TRASH on the mic. I still remember how enjoyable it was to watch PJ, Kobe and the rest of the P&G troll him on the way to two rings in '09 and '10. The LeBron love is unbearable. I love how he gets all the credit for a tremendously important fastbreak dunk...that's initiated by a Chris Paul steal and a Deron Williams assist. These clowns on the mic have no shame and aren't even trying to hide their "obvious is obvious" agenda.

:man10:

As for the game, Krzyzewski looked like he wanted to kill something whenever he was on camera and I don't blame him. Guys were gambling way too much on D and the help came much later than it usually has up until this point in the tournament with the Lithuanian rollers (Jonas and Kleiza) making their way to the rim completely uncontested at times. This game kind of proved my point that it's not just about having athletic personnel out on the floor, everyone has to buy in as a team and communicate with one another effectively. The guards were doing an awful job dealing with screens for most of the game. The offense...yeesh. It's weird because every now and again they'll run an incredibly beautiful set with some nice dives and curls or a great series of drives that leads to a kick for a wide open shot, but more often than not these guys seem to take it upon themselves to just iso at will. In any case you know Krzyzewski is annoyed when the man calls a TO. How often does that happen? lol
bruddahmanmatt

Previous

Return to Team USA