Batum goes NUTS

Re: Batum goes NUTS

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:49 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:The flopping by Argentina and Spain has been out of control. Disgraceful.

Watching the Argentina vs. US game was so difficult. I hated it.

Well, the 2nd half was pretty neat.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Is there something in the water over there that has players going for the opposing guy's package?
LTLakerFan

Postby Finwë on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:33 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:The flopping by Argentina and Spain has been out of control. Disgraceful.

While I agree that Ginobili and others flop, the US's got CP3 & LeBron over there.. they flop A LOT. They just don't have to from time to time, but if it's ever needed, it's there
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Finwë wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

While I agree that Ginobili and others flop, the US's got CP3 & LeBron over there.. they flop A LOT. They just don't have to from time to time, but if it's ever needed, it's there

It's not just Ginobili, like you said, it's others and in this case it's all of them. I'm not excusing LeBron or (especially) Paul, but the entire team for Argentina was flopping all over the floor.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:35 am

therealdeal wrote:
Finwë wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

It's not just Ginobili, like you said, it's others and in this case it's all of them. I'm not excusing LeBron or (especially) Paul, but the entire team for Argentina was flopping all over the floor.

Really? I watched the game too and didn't get the same idea.. And I HATE flopping, I'm always on the lookout because I want to see it be punished.. I didn't think there was as much flopping as you said. Maybe I'm wrong
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby KB24 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:49 am

I can't believe people are dissing Spain rather than just seeing that Batum is a dickhead that has absolutely no business punching others in the nuts and not being apologetic at all...

he is a punkass. Where is DJ Mbenga when you need to give a wannabe an oldschool arse-whooping.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Punk-101 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 am

IMO, flopping warrants Bynum/Barrea type retaliation.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby bystander on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:19 am

Punk-101 wrote:IMO, flopping warrants Bynum/Barrea type retaliation.

You're wrong.

Also, Navarro didn't flopped. The only flop was by Rudy when the game was already over and after a hard foul by Turiaf. Watch the game.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:25 am

Finwë wrote:Really? I watched the game too and didn't get the same idea.. And I HATE flopping, I'm always on the lookout because I want to see it be punished.. I didn't think there was as much flopping as you said. Maybe I'm wrong

My memory sucks so I can't remember names :man10:

I just remember watching and thinking "wow, there's like no contact on half of these fouls".
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:11 am

bystander wrote:

You're wrong.

Also, Navarro didn't flopped. The only flop was by Rudy when the game was already over and after a hard foul by Turiaf. Watch the game.

Im talking about flopping in general, not just that game.
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby laker911 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:22 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:This is what happened when flopping isn't controlled during game...

Spanish players/teams have been thinking they are entitled to get a favorable treatment from refs since they have been on a roll in majors sports for half of a decade so they are crying/flopping all game long .... same with Barcelona in football for example .

Congrats to Spain ... there are still classy players on this team ... except for Navarro , Fernandez and Calderon

You call out Barcelona when all clubs in football have players who dive. Or are people mad that Barca keep winning title after title? Keep in mind that I am not a Barca fan, in fact I am a Liverpool fan.
laker911

Postby bystander on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Punk-101 wrote:
bystander wrote:

You're wrong.

Ok, but i still think you're wrong. I'm all about good hard old school fouls. I don't like cheap dirty moves when the game is over because you lose and then trying to focus the issue in other people rather in that coward move.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby Punk-101 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:28 pm

bystander wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
bystander wrote:

You're wrong.

Ok, but i still think you're wrong. I'm all about good hard old school fouls. I don't like cheap dirty moves when the game is over because you lose and then trying to focus the issue in other people rather in that coward move.

Oh, I'm sure dirty fouls are not the smartest or most accepted ways of dealing with flopping. I'm just speaking about me personally. I would stand up and cheer if a flopper got laid out and injured, be it international players, CP3, Lebron, Griffin, etc. I hate flopping so so much.
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Previous

Return to Team USA