Bill Walton ???

Bill Walton ???

Postby lkrdynsty on Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:53 pm

So how do you guys deal with Bill Walton he is the most annoying announcer ever. I try to tune him out but then his annoying voice creeps in my head and it is always when he is talking about "such and such country being nestled between the flowing crystal waters of the such and such river next to the glowing ice capped mountains of what the hell ever" this is basketball not geography 101...lol at the other commentator he just gets real quiet and after Walton finishes he goes right back into basketball...Can someone tell him he dont care that urauguay has 3.3 million living there and 1.1 million on the internet and their the 2nd least corrupt country in south america...whoopty freakin do!!!!
lkrdynsty

Re: Bill Walton ???

Postby kroublees on Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:57 pm

lkrdynsty wrote:So how do you guys deal with Bill Walton he is the most annoying announcer ever. I try to tune him out but then his annoying voice creeps in my head and it is always when he is talking about "such and such country being nestled between the flowing crystal waters of the such and such river next to the glowing ice capped mountains of what the hell ever" this is basketball not geography 101...lol at the other commentator he just gets real quiet and after Walton finishes he goes right back into basketball...Can someone tell him he dont care that urauguay has 3.3 million living there and 1.1 million on the internet and their the 2nd least corrupt country in south america...whoopty freakin do!!!!
just watch the asian channel instead of BSPN :mhihi:
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
kroublees

Postby Satan on Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:07 pm

Bill Walton has been the best basketball announcer since the day Chick died. Be happy you're getting exposed to a little something extra.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby Weezy on Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:23 pm

If they didn't have Walton announcing these games, when the US is up by huge margins there would be silence, because every other announcer out there is boring and by the book. I may not always agree with or care about what Bill is talking about, but he's funny at least. It could be worse, it could be Mike Torico, or they could have Mark Jackson's robot voice going through the motions, or Reggie Miller totaly butchering sayings all night, 'when in Rome John'. Or, it could be John Barry. :scurred:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby MadMax on Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:49 pm

please, anyone but Barry

:hurl:
MadMax
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:51 pm

I hate almost all of ESPN's commentators.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby blakeruns on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:13 pm

MadMax wrote:please, anyone but Barry

keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby killacam on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:17 pm

lol how can u hate him, dudes funny. jus like anyone else, hes not gonna be all into the game when the US is winning by 30+ points
killacam

Postby temp5F on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:35 pm

killacam wrote:lol how can u hate him, dudes funny. jus like anyone else, hes not gonna be all into the game when the US is winning by 30+ points

He's as funny as cancer. He's not paid to be a jokester, but to be a proper announcer.

I've had the game muted since the first one I've watched. I can't stand his hyperbole and mania.
temp5F

Postby Satan on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:50 pm

temp5F wrote:He's not paid to be a jokester, but to be a proper announcer.

How do you know? You're not the one who hired him. I doubt ESPN was surprised when Bill started being Bill. They knew what they were getting and that's why they hired him.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby Azndude2190 on Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:18 pm

A lot of you guys are taking this way to serious.For Christ sake he's a basketball commentator.Let's face it your watching the games for the sport itself.

Do we have to complain about everything these days?

:bang:
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby HitEmUp on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:07 pm

but he does get annoying every now and then
HitEmUp

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:38 pm

i prefer him being an analyst rather than part of a play by play announcing team. i really dont care about the beautiful beaches of puerto rico or how surfing is in mexico. and when he does have something to say about basketball its usually about how kobe is selfish then a few minutes later how kobe is amazing. he needs to make up his mind.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Chicano on Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:29 pm

My few cents on the guy:

i was too lazy to come up with new stuff.. soo yeah.. sorry.

OMG Bill Walton is at it again!

He's outta control!

lol

can't blame him though, the game isn't very interesting right now at all..

i love the facts and information/knowledge he's providing..

he just said something cool about guns...

i love bill!

so does luke!

lol

Haha dude just asked Bill if there's a place in the world he hasn't been,

Bill said, "well, New Zealand."

LOL

civilrage wrote:
Bill walton has always been a favorite of mine, the guy is so dammed smart, always has been.

for as much hate as the guy gets...

bill walton as you've never seen him before...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E9lMwBhHQbY

bill walton is the most dominant broadcaster in nba history!

"throw it down!"

"that was horrendous."

"what a pass."

man10

jam2

"Bill Walton is a man that'll touch your heart when you know the true essence of his entire life. He is Moses and Jimmy Hendrix rolled into one."

i wouldn't say it's useless... a lot of it is interesting imo and knowledge is power imo...

yeah but you can't blame him.
i mean c'mon the games are blowouts anyway...
what is there interesting going on in the game to talk about??
haha...

NOW, if it's a close competitive game and he's still doing it, THEN i agree with you...

but all of these games have been blowouts so far...

:jam2:

:man10:

:bow:

:jam2:
Chicano

Postby The Maverick on Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:32 pm

Bill Walton is my favourite announcer.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby OCHO on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:23 pm

he's pretty funny i think - if you don't take him seriously with half the things he says..

i did find it annoying though, during the puerto rico game.. and he was talking about how new zealand "spanked" australia to qualify for the olympics.. when it was in fact the other way around! and the aussies didn't even have a full-strength side!!

other than that.. i think bill's ok... "throw it down big man... throw it down... "
It's the length of one day.. One half.. One shot clock.. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment..
OCHO

Postby Donn FaaM on Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:09 pm

"i was the first one to wear pony tails while playing"
Sasha Vujacic is the ownage!!!!!!

the credit to magicmoment :]
Donn FaaM

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:19 pm

Donn FaaM wrote:"i was the first one to wear pony tails while playing"

:man10: WHO CARES?!?!? lol
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:21 pm

You know, he actually doesn't bother me anymore. I've learned to drown him out while watching the games.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby LawSin on Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:48 pm

i duno, i kinda hate watching a game where USA doing some sick plays and the announcer is going off on the andes or something.. he'll make like a 4 worded comment during the reply and then continues the tangent. i'd really rather have some generic announcer, anything as long as the talk focuses on basketball for once.
LawSin

Postby killacam on Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:58 pm

/\ joel myers is so boring....u kno ur boring when ur watching ur favorite team and u cant stay excited half the time cus some dude is talking in a monotone
killacam

Postby Phat$haq on Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:45 am

I try to ignore the donkey faced redhead but some idiocy still trickles thru and makes my ears bleed.
Basketball is my religion. Staples Center is my temple. Kobe Bryant is my leader. Laker fans are my brothers.
Phat$haq

Postby CrazyLikeCatfish on Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:10 am

blakeruns wrote:
MadMax wrote:please, anyone but Barry

Let's not get started on that guy..
CrazyLikeCatfish

Postby halekulani on Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:08 am

how can you not love bill walton?

his comments about the game are obviously exaggerated for emphasis. no he doesn't mean X player is the 'best' in the world, but that's his way of giving praise. he has a very positive perspective on all players and especially highlights those who aren't superstars by emphasizing their contributions. he's very similar to charles barkley who says some extreme stuff, but generally informs within that specific context/example and his comments are not made to fit all other circumstances.

his random points are entertaining because when there is a 30 point lead, what the hell are you supposed to talk about?
halekulani

Postby Phat$haq on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am

halekulani wrote:how can you not love bill walton?

his random points are entertaining because when there is a 30 point lead, what the hell are you supposed to talk about?

The Lakers of the 80's had quite a few blow-outs but you never heard Chick ramble on and on like a lobotomized loonie.
Basketball is my religion. Staples Center is my temple. Kobe Bryant is my leader. Laker fans are my brothers.
Phat$haq

Next

Return to Team USA