Bosh gets strongly considered for US olympic team

Bosh gets strongly considered for US olympic team

Postby shizZ on Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:34 am

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Conten ... 2872612522

it is amazing how far he has come, when he had very big shoes to fill, behind Lebron, Melo.. and.. Darko, yeah.. Darko, lol

he has shown great improvements every year... mostly this year, and continues to impress me every game with something new... something impressive. In my opinion, he's an all star this year, even though his team is losing. He brings it every game, and is averaging 21 and 11. Pretty impressive for a kid who was VERY skinny coming into the draft, with analysts doubting him, and saying he isn't tough, or strong enough.

In the article, it mentions how US is looking for class, rather than just talent. I find that pretty interesting, and intelligent on the US's part. What do you guys think?
User avatar
shizZ

 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 7:41 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby lakerfool on Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:05 am

no offense, but SAR averaged that regularly, and Al harrington put up numbers near that

i'd like to see what he can do on a team where he isn't numero uno
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
User avatar
lakerfool

 
Posts: 14688
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Somewhere in China jocking Yao

Postby shizZ on Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:20 am

lakerfool wrote:no offense, but SAR averaged that regularly, and Al harrington put up numbers near that

i'd like to see what he can do on a team where he isn't numero uno


obviously you don't watch enough of him, if your comparing him to al harrington and SAR. Sure you may watch the numbers, but CB4 is younger, and has a MUCH greater upside than both of those players have, and ever will have. Why do you think he is being "strongly" considered? Harrington is putting up 17 and 8 this season, which Bosh did last year, and SAR is is averaging 14 and 7 this year, which Bosh pretty much put up in his rookie season, when he wasn't the "numero" uno player. I'm not hating on SAR, or Harrington, but IMO, they are role players. Last time I checked, SAR had the worst FG % in the 4th Q out of any player in the league. This was in ATL though, so I don't know how he is now. But he was awful in crunch time

But I suggest you watch Bosh vs SAR tonight, because they play one another.
User avatar
shizZ

 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 7:41 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby lakerfool on Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:48 am

shizZ wrote:
lakerfool wrote:no offense, but SAR averaged that regularly, and Al harrington put up numbers near that

i'd like to see what he can do on a team where he isn't numero uno


obviously you don't watch enough of him, if your comparing him to al harrington and SAR. Sure you may watch the numbers, but CB4 is younger, and has a MUCH greater upside than both of those players have, and ever will have. Why do you think he is being "strongly" considered? Harrington is putting up 17 and 8 this season, which Bosh did last year, and SAR is is averaging 14 and 7 this year, which Bosh pretty much put up in his rookie season, when he wasn't the "numero" uno player. I'm not hating on SAR, or Harrington, but IMO, they are role players. Last time I checked, SAR had the worst FG % in the 4th Q out of any player in the league. This was in ATL though, so I don't know how he is now. But he was awful in crunch time

But I suggest you watch Bosh vs SAR tonight, because they play one another.


Umm, don't tell me whom i have watched and whom i have not watched. you don't know me.

SAR once put up 21 pts, 10 reb, 3 assists 1 steal 1 block per game. Bosh does have a bit more upside, but there is a good chance that 20/10 is inflated. How many blocks is he averaging? it's now less than 1, down from 1.4 the last 2 years. This is discouraging IMO. He should be looking at playing defense a bit more. And again, his team's record is dog crap, just like SAR team's and just like harrington's team now. He has the potential to be great, but not yet. He needs to learn how to get others envolved better
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
User avatar
lakerfool

 
Posts: 14688
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Somewhere in China jocking Yao

Postby Still A Dynasty on Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:46 pm

i love bosh...hopefully he will be a Laker in 07.

Bynum/Kwame
Bosh/Turiaf
Odom/Walton
Bryant/Green
Wafer/Parker
User avatar
Still A Dynasty

 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: City of Angels

Postby LukeWalton on Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:12 pm

SAR and Al Harrington? Bosh owns them.

It doesnt matter if his team has nothing. The guy can play. He's a stud. He deserves to be considered for the team. I'd take him on the Lakers. He has loads of upside. Hes going to be a 20-10
User avatar
LukeWalton

 
Posts: 8978
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:12 pm
Location: Los Angles

Postby grego on Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:24 pm

Not a bad consideration. Bosh's defense though, seems to leave a lot more to be desired, but on the offense end, he's putting up numbers that he is expected to these days. Still got a great load of potential.
User avatar
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs
 
Posts: 10481
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby shizZ on Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:45 pm

lakerfool wrote:
shizZ wrote:
lakerfool wrote:no offense, but SAR averaged that regularly, and Al harrington put up numbers near that

i'd like to see what he can do on a team where he isn't numero uno


obviously you don't watch enough of him, if your comparing him to al harrington and SAR. Sure you may watch the numbers, but CB4 is younger, and has a MUCH greater upside than both of those players have, and ever will have. Why do you think he is being "strongly" considered? Harrington is putting up 17 and 8 this season, which Bosh did last year, and SAR is is averaging 14 and 7 this year, which Bosh pretty much put up in his rookie season, when he wasn't the "numero" uno player. I'm not hating on SAR, or Harrington, but IMO, they are role players. Last time I checked, SAR had the worst FG % in the 4th Q out of any player in the league. This was in ATL though, so I don't know how he is now. But he was awful in crunch time

But I suggest you watch Bosh vs SAR tonight, because they play one another.


Umm, don't tell me whom i have watched and whom i have not watched. you don't know me.

SAR once put up 21 pts, 10 reb, 3 assists 1 steal 1 block per game. Bosh does have a bit more upside, but there is a good chance that 20/10 is inflated. How many blocks is he averaging? it's now less than 1, down from 1.4 the last 2 years. This is discouraging IMO. He should be looking at playing defense a bit more. And again, his team's record is dog crap, just like SAR team's and just like harrington's team now. He has the potential to be great, but not yet. He needs to learn how to get others envolved better


Im just sayin' man, judging by your comments towards him, doesn't seem like you watch him, and I watch him every game, so I am the guy that knows... hes being PLAYING center, and hes undersized, and is giving up 20-40 pounds almost every night? does that not tell you what type of player he is? just recomending you watch him vs SAR tonight if thats what the match up will be, and maybe you'll have a sudden mind change. I know I don't know you, isn't that obvious? I still don't understand how you aren't strong about him.. its 2005, imagine him in 2008? top 10 player then, easily
User avatar
shizZ

 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 7:41 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby shizZ on Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:46 pm

grego wrote:Not a bad consideration. Bosh's defense though, seems to leave a lot more to be desired, but on the offense end, he's putting up numbers that he is expected to these days. Still got a great load of potential.


hes undersized A LOT. Put him on a guy like Gooden, Harrington, he can hold his ground.. and depth will not be a concern on team USA, therefore he will play his natural position PF. Bosh starts off on PF usually, but Hoffa usually gets in foul trouble, and they have no choice really, but to play him at center.
User avatar
shizZ

 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 7:41 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby grego on Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:53 pm

shizZ wrote:
grego wrote:Not a bad consideration. Bosh's defense though, seems to leave a lot more to be desired, but on the offense end, he's putting up numbers that he is expected to these days. Still got a great load of potential.


hes undersized A LOT. Put him on a guy like Gooden, Harrington, he can hold his ground.. and depth will not be a concern on team USA, therefore he will play his natural position PF. Bosh starts off on PF usually, but Hoffa usually gets in foul trouble, and they have no choice really, but to play him at center.


That's what I mean. I've read comments from a Toronto fan who I know pretty well. And she doesn't think he's improved, but digressed, which isn't good.
User avatar
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs
 
Posts: 10481
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby JSM on Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:17 pm

Bosh and Amare would make for a very entertaining front court for team USA.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94010
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby Still A Dynasty on Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:10 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Bosh and Amare would make for a very entertaining front court for team USA.


i agree

Amare/Oden/Bynum
Bosh/KG/Duncan
James/Anthony/Morrison
Bryant/Allen/Gay
Davis/Wade/Paul

bring on the world
User avatar
Still A Dynasty

 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: City of Angels

Postby Iceberg Slim on Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:11 pm

Chis Bosh is the NBA's next big superstar. I'd put money on that. I didn't think he was ready out of Lincoln High. So he went the collegiate route and impressed me with his patience, footwork, and maturity on the floor. 20 and 10 right now as we speak. And I'm betting he put's that up till the end of the year. With that said, no way in the world would I take a Shareef Abdur-Rahim or Al harrington over him. Rahim has suffered injuries so one can make an excuse for him not being better as of right now. But I would certaintly take him over promising yet underachieving Al Harrington. Al is aiight. Bosh is better in my opinion.
www.thesportslyceum.com - personal blog

Image
User avatar
Iceberg Slim

 
Posts: 4960
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:38 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Postby jminges on Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:32 pm

Didn't they say Team USA will be made up of like 35 players? Not the traditional 15.
User avatar
jminges

 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:03 pm


Return to Team USA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.