Bosh Leaves Team USA With Injury

Bosh Leaves Team USA With Injury

Postby Radner on Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:46 pm

Globe And Mail -
Toronto forward Chris Bosh withdrew from U.S. training camp Wednesday because of a left foot injury.

Bosh has plantar fasciitis and will not play in the FIBA Americas tournament that starts next week, USA Basketball spokesman Craig Miller said.

The 6-foot-10, 230-pound Bosh will remain on the team and under consideration for a spot if the Americans qualify for the 2008 Olympics. His withdrawal leaves the Americans with 15 players.

I didn't really think we needed Bosh but it sucks he got injured. I hope he heals up quickly for the upcoming season.
Radner

Postby kroublees on Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:47 pm

:bang:
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
kroublees

Postby THE_DAGGER on Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:15 pm

Wow, the only big man we had with any skill. :disagree:

Maybe Nick Collison has a chance to make the team now.
THE_DAGGER

Location: Pittsburg, CA (yes, without the "h" and yes, in CA)

Postby slimjim on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:05 pm

didn't need bosh?

his range and versatility on offence will be greatly missed on the international stage.

international game uses zone defence almost exclusively... a big who has range is deadly in the zone.
slimjim

Postby MadMax on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:10 pm

slimjim wrote:didn't need bosh?

his range and versatility on offence will be greatly missed on the international stage.

international game uses zone defence almost exclusively... a big who has range is deadly in the zone.

Forget that, lets just try to dominate them down low with brute force!

:man9:
MadMax
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:02 pm

Oh man that sucks! He was our one big man with outside skill. All we have now are 2 inside bruisers.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby CheezStake on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:51 pm

I'm not concerned with this loss for the following reason: I was @ the Blue-vs. White game last month in Vegas, and we sat very close to the bench (tix were easy to come by). I particularly looked into the players "eyes" since I never get the chance to sit so close. Bosh looked confused and afraid. The eyes are the windows to the soul. On the contrary, looking into JKidd's eyes, I saw ultimate confidence and "killer" instinct. I think us not getting JKidd last year was the real reason Kobe went nuts and demanded a trade.

Bosh is replaceable; hopefully with Marion - come crunch time he should be ready. His eyes tell me he wants the prize this time. :man1:
CheezStake

Postby Tragic on Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:24 pm

Jason
Kobe
Melo
Lebron
Dwight
Tragic

Return to Team USA