chris bosh

chris bosh

Postby SP1 on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:41 pm

why is this guy on the usa team? whats so great about him? from what ive seen from him is that hes soft..shoots jumpers, and hes not even that great at shooting. he may have a some post moves, but hes too weak to post up people. if i were to pick a guy at the 4 spot, id pick a dude that would just dunk all over the place, someone who isnt soft and would dominate in the post..not some weakling like chris bosh. i think team usa needs players who are tough, not ones that play like little girls like bosh.
SP1

Postby Lord Johnny on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:42 pm

hater
Lord Johnny
Clublakers Rep: Puerto Rico

Postby Venti Quattro on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 pm

:man4:
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby nameant on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:50 pm

While I dont think Bosh will be a GREAT player, like HOF great, he is still a really good PF in this league. A lot of what you're spewing seems to be hate. We have the physical dunkers in Howard and Amare. We could use a guy like Bosh.
nameant

Postby SP1 on Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:28 am

nameant wrote:While I dont think Bosh will be a GREAT player, like HOF great, he is still a really good PF in this league. A lot of what you're spewing seems to be hate. We have the physical dunkers in Howard and Amare. We could use a guy like Bosh.

use him for what?
SP1

Postby Paul on Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:25 am

SP1 wrote:
nameant wrote:While I dont think Bosh will be a GREAT player, like HOF great, he is still a really good PF in this league. A lot of what you're spewing seems to be hate. We have the physical dunkers in Howard and Amare. We could use a guy like Bosh.

use him for what?

Garbage time.
Paul
Clublakers Rep: Germany/Poland

Postby nameant on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:20 am

SP1 wrote:

use him for what?

Depends on the matchup. Odds are we are going to face a lot of big men who like to step out and play on the perimeter. Bosh is more fit to matchup with those guys than an Amare or Howard or Oden.
nameant

Postby Satan on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:24 am

International game style fits big men who can step out and shoot.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby DHL on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:38 am

Lord Johnny wrote:hater
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby KB24 on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:39 am

nameant wrote:
SP1 wrote:

use him for what?

Depends on the matchup. Odds are we are going to face a lot of big men who like to step out and play on the perimeter. Bosh is more fit to matchup with those guys than an Amare or Howard or Oden.

thats exactly the point...Bosh has a more international ready game than most of the bigmen...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby SP1 on Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:03 pm

yeah he can guard big guys on the perimeter..but so can everyone else? its not like big men are going to be lightning quick? most of them would just be spot up shooters and wouldnt dare drive into the lane if they saw someone like howard or amare in there. players would just need to be able to put a hand up..and im pretty sure everyone on the team is capable of that. and wouldnt you want to abuse them on the other side of the court? chris bosh would be crap on the offensive end, and it showed last year. the dude was shooting 3 pointers..and missed almost every time. so what if he can guard perimeter big men. id much rather have a dude that would abuse the other team on the offensive and, and be able to guard him.
SP1

Postby High IQ on Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:30 pm

DHL wrote:
Lord Johnny wrote:hater
High IQ

Postby nameant on Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:35 pm

SP1 wrote:yeah he can guard big guys on the perimeter..but so can everyone else? its not like big men are going to be lightning quick? most of them would just be spot up shooters and wouldnt dare drive into the lane if they saw someone like howard or amare in there. players would just need to be able to put a hand up..and im pretty sure everyone on the team is capable of that. and wouldnt you want to abuse them on the other side of the court? chris bosh would be crap on the offensive end, and it showed last year. the dude was shooting 3 pointers..and missed almost every time. so what if he can guard perimeter big men. id much rather have a dude that would abuse the other team on the offensive and, and be able to guard him.

Bosh can make them work defensively and he could stick with them on defense more than a traditional big man can. Bosh is turning into a Lamar Odom (more than KG) but w/o the ball handling/passing ability. He can step out and hit shots. He moves his feet better than most big men. Who says we cant make them pay on the offensive end? We're going to have Howard and Amare in there. Two freaks who, b/c of guard penetration, will be spoon fed dunk after dunk.
nameant

Postby LakersChamps04 on Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:23 pm

are you kidding me???? i think hes top 5 PF in the nba right now

duncan
KG
Amare
jermaine
bosh

YES..i'd rather have him than dirk OR brand..
LakersChamps04

Postby Tragic on Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:30 pm

Wow, Chris Bosh is like JO with a jumpshot. He is a walking double double, and he's pretty athletic.
Tragic

Postby KB24 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:14 am

Orlando Tragic wrote:Wow, Chris Bosh is like JO with a jumpshot. He is a walking double double, and he's pretty athletic.

actually thats a bad comparision....JO plays D and blocks 3+ shots a night...Bosh doesn´t play any D.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby mojoballer on Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:59 am

We have physical bangers in Oden, Howard and Brand.

You don't want a team full of players who all have the same skillset. You want versatility.

Bosh brings brings a nice low/mid post offensive game to the team. He can spread the floor for our slashers.

He's a great addition to the team.
mojoballer

Return to Team USA