Coach K Says Wade, Bosh Will Be On '08 Team

Coach K Says Wade, Bosh Will Be On '08 Team

Postby Massacre on Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:25 am

U.S. changes coming

The team that represented the U.S. here will not be the same next year. U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski said Miami's Dwyane Wade, who is recuperating from shoulder and knee surgery, will definitely be on the 2008 team.

Krzyzewski also said Dallas native Chris Bosh, who could not play because of a foot injury, is likely to be on the team. The two players most likely to be replaced will be the Hornets' Tyson Chandler and the Grizzlies' Mike Miller.

http://www.star-telegram.com/287/story/222267.html

Who would you guys want to see in China next year? Particularly for Chandler & Miller (who we should keep).
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby nameant on Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:29 am

I was just thinking about this last night. Honestly the only move I'd make is trade out Chandler for Bosh. Wade is a good player, but what does he bring that we NEED? Nothing.
nameant

Postby Weezy on Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:34 am

I really don't see the point of Wade being on the team. I'd bring in Boozer or somebody else. If we have Kobe for defense and shooting and then bring in Redd for him why do we need Wade who can't shoot and sucked it up last time he played international ball always looking for the foul call but not getting it? Bosh, sure, though I think Boozer is better.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Klewfish on Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:42 am

Bosh should definitely be on the team over Chandler. I like Chandler but Bosh was dominating in the Blue vs. White scrimmage.

As for Wade, I don't see what he can bring to the team that we don't already have. Yes, he's better overall than Mike Miller and Michael Redd, but we use them for 3pt shooting, something Wade can't do. He can drive and dunk. We've already seen Lebron, Melo, Kobe, Deron do that.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby revgen on Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:00 pm

The only thing Wade brings is another SG who can drive to the basket off the bench behind Kobe. Unfortunately, Wade's jumpshot leaves much to be desired, and his defense isn't exactly going to help us. On top of that, Wade didn't do too well last year due to the fact that international ball allows more contact on the perimeter which means less driving to the hoop. Because of this, I'd rather have Miller than Wade.

I absolutely agree with Bosh over Chandler. Nothing against Tyson, he's an helluva good rebounder and defender, but all he really is for us is "Dwight Lite". Bosh is really the only big we have who can actually perform real low-post moves in the paint. Looking at Dwight last year and this year, I don't have much confidence that he'll be much different by the time summer roles around next year. So having Bosh on our team is a must if we're going to score in the paint against the better Euro teams.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby nameant on Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:11 pm

Just to follow up..

I think adding Wade to this team b/c he's DWYANE WADE, could hurt us in the long run. Why? Odds are he's going to replace Redd, Miller, Billups, or Williams. All 4 are better shooters than Wade, 3 of them by a long shot. One thing we didn't see a lot of in the tournament, matter of fact I think we might have seen it 2 or 3 times, was zone defense. You can bet we'll see it in the Olympics a lot. Redd, Miller, and Billups are here to break that zone. I'd like to see Billups stay but when he came off the bench to replace Kidd, there was a slight slippage in our team game. That comes with a pass first, true PG. That's where Williams comes in. We need that other true PG and we need to keep Billups for his leadership, defense and shooting.

I think they may look to cutting Tayshaun for Wade.
nameant

Postby stevenwithaV on Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:24 pm

Chris Bosh should definitely replace Tyson Chandler. He'd add an element to the team that Howard and Stoudemire just didn't bring to the team.

As far as Wade goes, I'd hate to see this team broken up. He doesn't have the shooting that the team needs. If I were to guess, though, I'd say that Deron Williams would get the axe to accommodate him.
stevenwithaV

Postby Chicano on Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:28 pm

Oh no!

I don't wanna see Wade here!
Chicano

Postby KB24 on Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:26 pm

Wade does belong on this team, no doubt. He has been one of the first to commit to team USA and although he can´t shoot, he has other qualities.

Wade >>>> Deron Williams, period.

Billups, Kidd and Wade can handle the point guard position pretty well.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:28 pm

Coach K has also confirmed that pending injuries, the same starting lineup will appear in the Olympic games. I'm not sure if its in that article, but the article I read quoted him on this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/col ... -Lookahead
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:12 pm

KB8@CL wrote:Wade does belong on this team, no doubt. He has been one of the first to commit to team USA and although he can´t shoot, he has other qualities.

I don't think Wade>>>>Williams for this team. Williams has great passing skills and he's only going to get better, plus his defense isn't bad. Williams also can beat his man off the dribble and finish, maybe not as well as Wade, but good enough to get the job done. I just don't see us being as successful with Wade backing up Kobe unless Wade learns to shoot, we can't have too many guys driving with no one to kick the ball out to.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:19 pm

I'd rather have Miller than Wade, because international basketball is about shooting. Especially 3-pters. And Wade is not known for his shooting skills. Perhaps, if he was to play some PG instead of Deron... I just don't know.

As I already said: this team is almost perfect. I'd just invite Marion instead of Prince, to play D and do some "dirty work." And Boozer instead of Wade. I'd definitely like to see Boozer on this team more than Bosh, but that's just me.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby SP1 on Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:21 pm

why?
SP1

Postby AvenLarue on Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:57 pm

Less white people? No offense
AvenLarue

Postby nameant on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:19 pm

KB8@CL wrote:Wade does belong on this team, no doubt. He has been one of the first to commit to team USA and although he can´t shoot, he has other qualities.

Wade at the point? Now you're just asking for trouble. No doubt Wade is a better individual player than Williams but Williams is a true, playmaking, PG. Something this team will need due to Kidd's age. Kidd isn't going to play big minutes and the team wasn't as sharp w/o his playmaking out there. What does Wade bring, that we need, that Williams can't provide?

Scoring? We have Kobe, LBJ, Melo, Howard, Amare, Redd.
Shooting? We have Kobe, Melo, Redd, Miller. Besides, Wade isn't a shooter.
Playmaking? We have Kobe, Kidd, LBJ, Williams.
Defense? Wade's not about to come in and make an impact there.

Now...

FT Shooting? Yeah we could use some help there. :man12:
nameant

Postby Azndude2190 on Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:22 pm

Replace Chandler with Bosh and bring back everyone else...and the 08 team is set.I kind of want the USA team to somehow make room for Battier(great defender/3pt shooter)Wade is useless in terms of what this team needs.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby JuanoLAL on Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:04 pm

Goodbye Mike Miller, goodbye Tyson Chandler.
JuanoLAL

Postby Ianxcom on Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:20 pm

I liked the way Mike Miller hit his open jumpers. I'll miss that part of his game.
Goodbye Odom, you will be missed
Ianxcom

Location: We always think there's something better in the place we are not, In dreams the reality of it all...

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:07 pm

Chicano wrote:Oh no!

I don't wanna see Wade here!
Daloyalfan18

Postby ladam24 on Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:22 pm

I'd take out Channdler and put Bosh in.

We don't need Wade. He's no good in the international game at all and frankly, he brings nothing we need.
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby The Maverick on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:05 am

Wade and Kobe :jam2: :jam2:
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby melo061 on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:25 am

Frankly i can't stand wade and it has very little to do with the kobe thing. Ray allen, vince and shaq, love watching them play but Wade is the one guy i can't stand. The final straw came when he tried to defend the calls he got during the finals. I mean, he could've kept queit but no, he comes out and said he deserved the whole call. Also, the way he throws his body at people and limps like he has been hit by a truck is something i detest (something i hate when kobe yells heeeeeey in the paint).

Keep him off team usa, they don't need him. He brings nothing the team needs. We have shooters, defender, playamers. We need inside play, not another a sg who's shooting is meh.
melo061

Postby hoopschick03 on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:32 am

I personally think we need both Bosh and Chandler. I don't know, I like Tyson. He's limited offensively, but defensively he plays the low blocks as well as any of the other bigs. He's a good swatter and a good rebounder.
hoopschick03

Postby Black Sheep91 on Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:11 am

Bring them in :jam2:
Black Sheep91
ClubHawks.com Administrator

Postby Showtime is Magic on Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:36 pm

JuanoLAL wrote:Goodbye Mike Miller, goodbye Tyson Chandler.

I wish Miller didnt have to go but oh well
Showtime is Magic

Next

Return to Team USA