DREAM TEAM
65%
REDEEM TEAM
34%

Total votes : 47

Dream or Redeem?

Postby trodgers on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:42 am

LINK
Which one? What would be the most interesting matchup?

Kobe/Jordan
Bron/Pippen
Throw out your own.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Re: Dream or Redeem?

Postby Vigen on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:47 am

trodgers wrote:LINK
Which one? What would be the most interesting matchup?

Kobe/Jordan
Bron/Pippen
Throw out your own.

I was just reading online and Magic wasnt an active player during the Olympics?

Vigen

Postby bumrusherer on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:06 am

The only interesting match up would be Kobe vs MJ. Bron would abuse Pippen with his size and the 1992 would have the advantage everywhere else.

That being said, i dont think anybody could stop Wade from getting to the hoop right now.
bumrusherer

Postby trodgers on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:20 am

Yeah, tough call whether we should count Magic...
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:21 am

bumrusherer wrote:The only interesting match up would be Kobe vs MJ. Bron would abuse Pippen with his size and the 1992 would have the advantage everywhere else.

That being said, i dont think anybody could stop Wade from getting to the hoop right now.

Sir Charles against our bigs? I'd like to see him punch Howard in the face and he'd kill Bosh. That would be fun to see.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby LDR on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:42 pm

trodgers wrote:Sir Charles against our bigs?I'd like to see him punch Howard in the face and he'd kill Bosh. That would be fun to see.

As well as Boozer. Charles would have a field day.
LDR

Postby kosstick on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:48 pm

Chris paul would own man cmon... John Vs Chris paul I give it to Chris.

Whose going to stop wade? Kobe and MJ battle will be fierce and who the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] is gonna stop LeBron. Dwight WIl get his and if we have chandler that would be great.. lol

Cmon Redd... and prince
kosstick

Postby High IQ on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:53 pm

kosstick wrote:Chris paul would own man cmon... John Vs Chris paul I give it to Chris.

Whose going to stop wade? Kobe and MJ battle will be fierce and who the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] is gonna stop LeBron. Dwight WIl get his and if we have chandler that would be great.. lol

Cmon Redd... and prince

are you joking???? Chandler and Dwight??? Dream team had David freaking Robinson and Patrick bleeping Ewing, not to mention Charles Barkley and Karl Malone who would make Boozer and Prince look like high school cheerleaders. Even if Wade got past the guards, he would do nothing under the rim with the frontcourt that Dream Team had.
High IQ

Postby leakbrewergator on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:59 pm

I can't believe people actually voted for the redeem team....

Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
leakbrewergator

Postby KB24 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:03 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:

its not close...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby revgen on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Dream Team.

It's not even close.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby goatis24 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:20 pm

Dream Team hands down. Kobe and maybe Lebron are the only ones who could hang with those guys from this 12 man roster
goatis24

Postby Weezy on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:37 pm

Dream team easy. The guys of today are very good, but the guys of back then were more fundamental and the big men had actual moves and shots, they weren't just big.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Massacre on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:46 pm

The Dream Team would run this Redeem Team out of the building.

As the article points out, the matchup is decided in the post. Barkley, Ewing, Malone and Admiral -- all in their prime -- taking on Dwight, Bosh and Boozer? No contest. They'd murder those guys.

Pippen, Jordan & Drexler vs. LeBron, Kobe & Wade is an interesting matchup. LeBron's size and quickness is probably unmatched with Pip on him. Coincidentally, many would say Pippen had the most trouble defending big, quick, explosive wings, which is exactly what Bron is.

Kobe / Michael and Wade / Clyde (or any other backcourt player) would be just as interesting as any other matchup. It's tough to call on those 2.
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby LDR on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:51 pm

Massacre wrote:The Dream Team would run this Redeem Team out of the building.

As the article points out, the matchup is decided in the post. Barkley, Ewing, Malone and Admiral -- all in their prime -- taking on Dwight, Bosh and Boozer? No contest. They'd murder those guys.

Pippen, Jordan & Drexler vs. LeBron, Kobe & Wade is an interesting matchup. LeBron's size and quickness is probably unmatched with Pip on him. Coincidentally, many would say Pippen had the most trouble defending big, quick, explosive wings, which is exactly what Bron is.

Kobe / Michael and Wade / Clyde (or any other backcourt player) would be just as interesting as any other matchup. It's tough to call on those 2.

Good sum up. Also, the point guard play would be interesting. The dream team point guards wouldn't be able to match our quickness, but the "redeem" 1's wouldn't be able to handle them in the post.
LDR

Postby KGB on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:21 pm

I don't think it would be a blow out either way. It would be very close because of the extreme talent levels on both sides.
I used to post with the username 8got81_24gets101
KGB

Postby halekulani on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:24 pm

revgen wrote:Dream Team.

It's not even close.
halekulani

Postby KGB on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:31 pm

It would be close. Please add another option mods.
I used to post with the username 8got81_24gets101
KGB

Postby GinoDB on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:02 pm

I thought this was about whether they should be called Dream Team or Redeem Team , I would never think of comparing this team to the original Dream Team
GinoDB

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:19 pm

This would not be interesting in any way shape or form because the real Dream Team would destroy this team. Yes the current squad has some great players but the Dream team with the exception of the college players had some of the greatest to ever play. We think this team can run and gun teams that team had E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. It wouldn't be the 40 point blowouts but it wouldn't be pretty either.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby karacha on Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:07 pm

Who voted for the Redeem Team? :man10:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:08 pm

I think if you were to put the TRULY best players in the NBA on this team and not just the way it's constructed now with role players it might be a different story (competitive and not a blowout but still a loss). Guys like Duncan, Garnett, and others are missing and guys like Bosh and Boozer are in their place. That Dream Team was truly the best players out there, I mean those are some all-time greats.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakeshow2k4 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Magic didn't play in the previous NBA season (91-92) and still did very well for himself. Anyone who thinks Redeem team would win is probably younger than 17 years old and never saw these guys.

Barkley would DESTROY any PF or C on Redeem
Jordan was still only 28 years old at the time, he would torch Kobe or DWade
Stockton's crafty defense would keep CP3 in check
Don't forget Chris Mullin. You guys think Michael Redd is money from 3? Check Mullin's % from the 3 point line in '92

Drexler was in his prime along with Ewing. Don't forget about a young David Robinson. Dream Team would stomp these guys.
lakeshow2k4

Postby Legendary on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:37 pm

halekulani wrote:
revgen wrote:Dream Team.

It's not even close.
Legendary

Postby LDR on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:53 pm

lakeshow2k4 wrote:Magic didn't play in the previous NBA season (91-92) and still did very well for himself. Anyone who thinks Redeem team would win is probably younger than 17 years old and never saw these guys.

Barkley would DESTROY any PF or C on Redeem
Jordan was still only 28 years old at the time, he would torch Kobe or DWade
Stockton's dirty defense would keep CP3 in check
Don't forget Chris Mullin. You guys think Michael Redd is money from 3? Check Mullin's % from the 3 point line in '92

Drexler was in his prime along with Ewing. Don't forget about a young David Robinson. Dream Team would stomp these guys.
LDR

Next

Return to Team USA