Dwight Howard: Inside Presence - Two Wins From Gold

Dwight Howard: Inside Presence - Two Wins From Gold

Postby LDR on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:28 pm

On facing Argentina in the semifinals …
You can't look ahead. The next game is very important. It's like a Game 7. The winner goes to the next round and the loser goes home. So, it's very important that we come out ready. Argentina's a great team, and one of the toughest teams here. They won the gold medal in '04, so they know what it takes to win.

On the challenge of facing a new opponent …
Every team is gonna provide us with a challenge. This is the medal round, so each game is gonna get tougher. We've got to keep our head and play the way we know how to play.

On being an upbeat, happy group …
We gotta be happy. We're representing our country and we're playing in the Olympics. Why should we be sad? There's no point in being sad. We have a chance to play for a gold medal. I don't have one yet.

On more than a month away from home …
We're used to sleeping in hotels. During the season, we're always on the road, so it's nothing new for us. It's a different experience playing overseas and staying at another hotel, but it's fun.

I would like to sleep in my bed, get in my pool and relax, but it's all about business right now.

On potentially playing at the 2012 Olympics …
I would love to be back. Whoever's reading this, Dwight Howard wants to play in the next Olympics.

On some of his current teammates joining him in London …
If it's not broke, don't fix it.
LDR

Postby KB24 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:12 pm

gotta love the commitment...also the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" lol

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Return to Team USA