EVERYONE GO TO FSN WEST!!!! 4 PM: TEAM USA GAME!!!!

Postby JMon348 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:13 pm

how much time was left when kobe hit the shot?
JMon348

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:13 pm

C'mon guys, positive vibes. Why all the negativity?
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:14 pm

JMon348 wrote:how much time was left when kobe hit the shot?

6 seconds. Followed by Kobe locking up Lechoke.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Freakout on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:14 pm

#32_for_the_win wrote:
Freakout wrote:Funny because everyone knows who's the best player out there yet fellow Laker fans bash him.

Fans will do that when a player says to world he doesnt want any part of their team

Whatever. I'd almost guarantee you were doing it long before that.
Freakout

Postby jjin28 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:14 pm

Best players in order today

1) Kobe (Game Winner, yea boy!!)
2) J Kidd
3) Carmelo
4) Mike Miller
5) K. Durant
6) Dwight Howard
7) Lebron
8) Deron Williams
9) Bosh
10) Amare
11) Redd

I think they all deserve spots. Its going to be tough with only allowing 12 players especially with wade and paul still not playing.

Damn, Mike Miller was crazy today. And Seattle got a GEM! Wow. Once Durant puts on some weight, that guy will be so good!

My USA team if I was the coach.

J Kidd / D. Williams / C Paul
Kobe / Wade
Carmelo / Durant / Miller
Lebron / Amare
D. Howard / Bosh
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby Lakers8899 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:14 pm

Freakout wrote:Funny because everyone knows who's the best player out there yet fellow Laker fans bash him.

One shot in a scrimmage game does not make one the best player. No way in hell any team would allow that many dribbles and separation without help in a real game.
Lakers8899

Postby L4L on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:17 pm

two0one7 wrote:
Kob3eight wrote:My schedule shows the game will be replayed at 7pm on FSN again.

If thats true, I'm watching it again. Who's with me?

I'm watching it for the first time on NBATV!!! I watched on sopcast but it was the crappiest signal ever. Still, it worked when it counted and I saw the 3 shots by Kobe in the 4th!!

GO LAKERS!
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Cody on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:18 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:

One shot in a scrimmage game does not make one the best player. No way in hell any team would allow that many dribbles and separation without help in a real game.

Obviously you've never seen / played in a real game before.
Cody

Postby kroublees on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:23 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pog6k4onaZQ :man10: lebronze says that he is the leader of the team
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
kroublees

Postby Lakers8899 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:27 pm

Cody wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:

Obviously you're too reek of Kobe's nuts to have an objective opinion.
Lakers8899

Postby jazzy1 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:28 pm

kroublees wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pog6k4onaZQ :man10: lebronze says that he is the leader of the team

That guy did not ask lebron what celebrity he wanted to play strip poker with. lol incredible that was out of left field.
jazzy1

Postby jazzy1 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:31 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:
Cody wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:

Come on you can realize Kobe's game is better more advanced than Lebron. He's more experienced and has better fundamentals at this point of his career.
jazzy1

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:31 pm

There's no way team USA is not winning the gold. Adding Kobe completely changes the make up of the team.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:33 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:

You're right. Let's forget he's a 11 year vet with countless game winners.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ianxcom on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:33 pm

two0one7 wrote:There's no way team USA is not winning the gold. Adding Kobe completely changes the make up of the team.
Goodbye Odom, you will be missed
Ianxcom

Location: We always think there's something better in the place we are not, In dreams the reality of it all...

Postby Cody on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:33 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:
Cody wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:

Did I say anything about Kobe? "Obviously" I was right.

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] genius.
Cody

Postby Lakers8899 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:47 pm

two0one7 wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:

He's also missed a ton. And the ones that he's hit, he usually gets a good rhythm, and the spacing was too good that the defense has no choice but to let him shoot, for example, the shot over JKidd. However, on that possession, it was clear that they could have doubled him once he moved to his right and took away his rhythm. Instead, they wanted to "cooperate," and to his credit, he hit it. However, as we saw last season, the defense ain't going to cooperate like that all the time. It's up to Kobe to recognize when the shot is "too tough" and pass.
Last edited by Lakers8899 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers8899

Postby Lakerzrevenge on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:47 pm

For those of you about to see it on NBATV for the first time, that is one of the most exciting games I've EVER SEEN!!! It had exciting plays throughout and what goes unnoticed is team blue came back from a big deficit in like 5 minutes or less, I think the lead for white was 11.
“I put a lot of pressure on myself to go out and be great and the best player on the court. When I don’t, I feel bad for myself.” - Lebron James after Game 6 elimination to Celtics.
Lakerzrevenge

Postby Weezy on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:51 pm

Why is everyone bashing LeBron and acting like this was a real game? :man3: This was an exhibition to show off the US team, it was a friendly game. I don't want LeBron to suck because I want the US team to do well and succeed, it was just a game for fun. I'm a huge Kobe fan, but come on, to actualy root against the other side that hard like this counts for anything is laughable, as soon as the game was over both sides got in a huddle and chanted USA, it's not about Kobe. One thing that is about Kobe is what he brings to this team though, something it's sorely missed. He brings that clutchness, he brings that killer instinct, he's a closer, and if anyone can help get this team back to gold it's him.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Cody on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:53 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:
two0one7 wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:

He's also missed a ton. And the ones that he's hit, he usually gets a good rhythm, and the spacing was too good that the defense has no choice but to let him shoot, for example, the shot over JKidd. However, on that possession, it was clear that they could have doubled him once he moved to his right and took away his rhythm. Instead, they wanted to "cooperate," and to his credit, he hit it. However, as we saw last season, it ain't going to be perfect like that all the time.

Nobody makes more game-winners than they miss. It doesn't happen.

If you double Kobe Bryant and he has all-stars as teammates, then he's going to pass it off and someone else will win the game.

What does rhythm have to do with Kobe being cutch? You could use your "rhythm" argument for any player.

Of course there was good spacing, that's what happens when you create your own shot.

Maybe if Kobe could stretch his body out a free inches then he wouldn't need rhythm and spacing.
Cody

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:56 pm

Kobe8Fan

Postby JoPNBA on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:56 pm

Teams
MLB
Boston Red Sox
San Francisco Giants
NBA
Miami Heat
Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
NFL
New England Patriots
Dallas Cowboys

College
USC Trojans
JoPNBA

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:59 pm

Ha! You guys are quick!
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakers8899 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:00 pm

You don't even understand what rhythm is and you say I haven't played/watched a game? :man10: Any superstar that could shoot the fadeaway could have made the shot that Kobe made. There wasn't even an attempt to soft-double him.
Lakers8899

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:00 pm

that was an awesome game :jam2:

...and guys there is no need to fight over who's better.
they will be on the same team, so rather than rooting for one person, root for TEAM USA
when the reg season starts, then you can start comparing the two, but until then support team usa :jam2:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

PreviousNext

Return to Team USA