EVERYONE GO TO FSN WEST!!!! 4 PM: TEAM USA GAME!!!!

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:01 pm

it's being replayed, btw :jam2:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:01 pm

Replay is starting!

Btw, is there an ignore function on this forum? It'd be really useful.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Cody on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:18 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:You don't even understand what rhythm is and you say I haven't played/watched a game? :man10: Any superstar that could shoot the fadeaway could have made the shot that Kobe made. There wasn't even an attempt to soft-double him.

Okay, have you played competitive basketball before?

I said that your argument for rhythm can be used for ANY player and most game-winning shots... and you come back with this? The fact is, most players would have missed that shot.

Why would you double Kobe Bryant at the top of the trey, when all that would do is leave someone WIDE OPEN.... that is, with SIX SECONDS left in the game.

Let me help you, six seconds is more than enough time that, if you double Kobe Bean Bryant, you've got someone WIDE OPEN. That means no one is guarding the person and he is WIDE OPEN and will more than likely nail the shot. Because no one would be guarding that person.

Get it?
Cody

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:20 pm

Cody, we all understand your arguement. You're absolutely correct. There's no use arguing with people blinded by hate. It's pointless.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby lunatic4jc on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:20 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:
Freakout wrote:Funny because everyone knows who's the best player out there yet fellow Laker fans bash him.

One shot in a scrimmage game does not make one the best player. No way in hell any team would allow that many dribbles and separation without help in a real game.

it wouldnt matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZVg-ub9980
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fxOG678BA5Q
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nVapB6CozvE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Ley3XIywtI
lunatic4jc

Postby Lakers8899 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:25 pm

Cody wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:You don't even understand what rhythm is and you say I haven't played/watched a game? :man10: Any superstar that could shoot the fadeaway could have made the shot that Kobe made. There wasn't even an attempt to soft-double him.

I said that your argument for rhythm can be used for ANY player and most game-winning shots... and you come back with this? The fact is, most players would have missed that shot.

Why would you double Kobe Bryant at the top of the trey, when all that would do is leave someone WIDE OPEN.... that is, with SIX SECONDS left in the game.

Let me help you, six seconds is more than enough time that, if you double Kobe Bean Bryant, you've got someone WIDE OPEN. That means no one is guarding the person and he is WIDE OPEN and will more than likely nail the shot. Because no one would be guarding that person.

Get it?

If you've actually watched a basketball game, you'd know that a well-timed double doesn't necessarily leave someone wide open.
Lakers8899

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:27 pm

L4L wrote:
two0one7 wrote:
Kob3eight wrote:My schedule shows the game will be replayed at 7pm on FSN again.

If thats true, I'm watching it again. Who's with me?

I'm watching it for the first time on NBATV!!! I watched on sopcast but it was the crappiest signal ever. Still, it worked when it counted and I saw the 3 shots by Kobe in the 4th!!

GO LAKERS!

Exactly. Kobe hits multiple clutch shots in a single game. How many times have we seen this?

And I still enjoy it more and more each time. I will never be desensitized!!!
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."
LkrsOvrMia

Location: "Sittin' on top of the world with my legs hanging free." -Dave Matthews

Postby Cody on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:37 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:
Cody wrote:

Get it?

If you've actually watched a basketball game, you'd know that a well-timed double doesn't necessarily leave someone wide open.

You seriously think that they could have doubled Kobe Bryant without leaving someone wide open? Especially with 10-6 seconds left?

What's your argument anyway? That anyway could make a game-winning shot like Kobe Bryant because he had rhythm, spacing and shot over Jkidd (btw, you do realize that he wasn't shooting over JKdd right?). Well, anyone that can shoot a fadeaway? He didn't even fade that much on his shot.
Last edited by Cody on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cody

Postby Radner on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:37 pm

I like how everyone starts saying Team USA will win gold after Kobe's game winner. I love Kobe but lets not get carried away. Teams have caught up with U.S. basketball, plain and simple. We should stop talking about blowing out people and concentrate on playing like a team.
Radner

Postby air_bryant08 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:38 pm

heres a pic :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
"This game is in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the lights are out, the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard, and the JELLO'S JIGGLIN'!" -Chick Hearn
air_bryant08

Postby kenzo on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:39 pm

can anyone upload this game on sendspace or something??? please
kenzo

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:42 pm

air_bryant08 wrote:heres a pic :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Nice shot! Kind of reminds me of his game winner against phoenix in 06 playoffs.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Black Sheep91 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:42 pm

Overall an exciting game. Kind of like an all-star game.

Above my expectations.
Black Sheep91
ClubHawks.com Administrator

Postby Lakers8899 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:44 pm

Cody wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:
Cody wrote:

Get it?

You seriously think that they could have doubled Kobe Bryant without leaving someone wide open? Especially with 10-6 seconds left?

What's your argument anyway? That anyway could make a game-winning shot like Kobe Bryant because he had rhythm, spacing and shot over Jkidd. Well, anyone that can shoot a fadeaway? He didn't even fade that much on his shot.

I'm saying that it's not going to be that easy in a real game. In a real game, first they'll try hard to deny him the ball. If he does catch it, it'll likely be to the side where he'll have a lot less options. If he does get into that position, most likely, they'll help just right he looks like he was about to shoot, unless Prince was playing perfect defense, which he was not.
Lakers8899

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:46 pm

JKsnoots wrote:I like how everyone starts saying Team USA will win gold after Kobe's game winner. I love Kobe but lets not get carried away. Teams have caught up with U.S. basketball, plain and simple. We should stop talking about blowing out people and concentrate on playing like a team.

Teams haven't caught up with USA. You send an NBA scrub to Europe and he dominates and win MVPs. You send the best player from Europe and he *might* be the 6th man.

It's all about adjusting to the International play and rules.
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby oneofthesedays on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:46 pm

Just finished watching the game. My thoughts.....

1. KB came to play, was amazing as usual. I'm not even amazed anymore at his skills, I expect him to dominate.
2. Mike Miller, damn ugly [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] haircut, but this guy was automatic from 3 point land. He should definitely make this squad, I loved his attitude out there.
3. Durant is going to be amazing. He is the best player coming out of this year's draft, period.
4. Amare looks completely useless out there. Guess he isn't as amazing when he isn't getting those passes from Nash.
5. Kidd is without question the best PG we have. Absolutely amazing passing from him today, Bynum better not be a bust otherwise we certainly missed the boat again.
6. Melo is a ballhog, didn't see anything special from him.

I'm not sure who's going to make the team, but I think we need speed over size to win.
oneofthesedays

Postby Radner on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:47 pm

TooSexyForMyShirt wrote:
JKsnoots wrote:I like how everyone starts saying Team USA will win gold after Kobe's game winner. I love Kobe but lets not get carried away. Teams have caught up with U.S. basketball, plain and simple. We should stop talking about blowing out people and concentrate on playing like a team.

Teams haven't caught up with USA. You send an NBA scrub to Europe and he dominates and win MVPs. You send the best player from Europe and he *might* be the 6th man.

It's all about adjusting to the International play and rules.

I'm talking about international play not league wise.
Radner

Postby #32_for_the_win on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:47 pm

I love snappers call after the shot. He said every guy on the court knew who the best player on the planet is.

A shame he wants out
#32_for_the_win

Postby Force on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:51 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:
Cody wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:
Cody wrote:

Get it?

What's your argument anyway? That anyway could make a game-winning shot like Kobe Bryant because he had rhythm, spacing and shot over Jkidd. Well, anyone that can shoot a fadeaway? He didn't even fade that much on his shot.

I'm saying that it's not going to be that easy in a real game. In a real game, first they'll try hard to deny him the ball. If he does catch it, it'll likely be to the side where he'll have a lot less options. If he does get into that position, most likely, they'll help just right he looks like he was about to shoot, unless Prince was playing perfect defense, which he was not.

You're acting as if Kobe has yet to prove that he can make a game winner in real NBA game. Does it really bother you that much that he made a game winning shot or have you recieved a message from God telling you to discredit Kobe whenever the oppurtunity presents itself?
"Even though we survived through the struggle that made us, we still look at ourselve's through the eyes of people who hate us."

-Immortal Technique

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it."

-Patrick Henry
Force

Postby lunatic4jc on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:52 pm

Force wrote:You're acting as if Kobe has yet to prove that he can make a game winner in real NBA game. Does it really bother you that much that he made a game winning shot or have you recieved a message from God telling you to discredit Kobe whenever the oppurtunity presents itself?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZVg-ub9980
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fxOG678BA5Q
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nVapB6CozvE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Ley3XIywtI
lunatic4jc

Postby nbafan on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:53 pm

Kobe against the world? No, thanks

^ Only Kobe can get this hatred after a scrimmage..
nbafan

Postby hgo on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:04 pm

nbafan wrote:Kobe against the world? No, thanks

you said it ... crazy
did they watch Melo's game ?
Clic on Hgo's eye to read about your Lakers in French
hgo

Postby nbafan on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:06 pm

hgo wrote:

you said it ... crazy

it's pretty simple.. some people would rather lose than have Kobe "save the day"..
nbafan

Postby shaq34oneal on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:07 pm

i watched the game and you can tell that kobe is on his level and everybody else is under him,definitely showed y trading him would be a big mistake....and im mad at kobe bout the trade me thing!
shaq34oneal

Postby hgo on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:11 pm

nbafan wrote:
hgo wrote:

you said it ... crazy

it's pretty simple.. some people would rather lose than have Kobe "save the day"..

+1
Clic on Hgo's eye to read about your Lakers in French
hgo

PreviousNext

Return to Team USA