EVERYONE GO TO FSN WEST!!!! 4 PM: TEAM USA GAME!!!!

Postby Lakerzrevenge on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:23 pm

nbafan wrote:Kobe against the world? No, thanks

^ Only Kobe can get this hatred after a scrimmage..

The dude who wrote that can literally kiss my a#$, I ate when a#$oles hate on this damn man's on court actions, especially when it reults in a W. Someone like shaq or MJ wouldn't get this much disrepsect. I'm tired of journalists treating the man like a b****.......if you don't like him off the court, fine, but come the hell on, the man just helped his team to a win and he;s already getting bashed, damn dumb a@#$ journalist...excuse my language it just pisses me off.
“I put a lot of pressure on myself to go out and be great and the best player on the court. When I don’t, I feel bad for myself.” - Lebron James after Game 6 elimination to Celtics.
Lakerzrevenge

Postby nbafan on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:29 pm

^ besides, this game is nothing to go by.. Kidd obviously would be the main ball handler..Kobe would be off the ball most of the time unlike tonight. Kobe is obviously good at a lot of things.. but one thing he has an edge over other stars is that he can also play the catch and shoot role very well.. in fact, he is very effective at it.. well rounded game.
nbafan

Postby revgen on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:37 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:You don't even understand what rhythm is and you say I haven't played/watched a game? :man10: Any superstar that could shoot the fadeaway could have made the shot that Kobe made. There wasn't even an attempt to soft-double him.

Technically, yes, there are many players who could have made that shot.

The difference between them and Kobe is that Kobe makes them in the clutch with 6 seconds left when the game is on the line, and he's done it his entire career.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Weezy on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:38 pm

Kidd was fantastic in this game, this guy is the best passer since Magic and he's completely underrated in this league even WITH all the praise he gets. That he has no rings is a crime. From what I got from this game the best players at doing what they do were Kidd, Kobe, LeBron, Miller, Durant, Bosh, Howard and Anthony. Redd may be good at times, but I swear every time I see this guy in a stage like this, an all-star game or something he sucks it up.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lunatic4jc on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:39 pm

reminds me of the superman returns movie..

"Why the world doesn't need Superman"
"Why the world doesn't need Kobe" :mhihi:
lunatic4jc

Postby shaq34oneal on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:40 pm

Weezy wrote:Kidd was fantastic in this game, this guy is the best passer since Magic and he's completely underrated in this league even WITH all the praise he gets. That he has no rings is a crime. From what I got from this game the best players at doing what they do were Kidd, Kobe, LeBron, Miller, Durant, Bosh, Howard and Anthony. Redd may be good at times, but I swear every time I see this guy in a stage like this, an all-star game or something he sucks it up.

did you watch thegame??? melo and bosh were not good today....
shaq34oneal

Postby Weezy on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:43 pm

shaq34oneal wrote:
Weezy wrote:Kidd was fantastic in this game, this guy is the best passer since Magic and he's completely underrated in this league even WITH all the praise he gets. That he has no rings is a crime. From what I got from this game the best players at doing what they do were Kidd, Kobe, LeBron, Miller, Durant, Bosh, Howard and Anthony. Redd may be good at times, but I swear every time I see this guy in a stage like this, an all-star game or something he sucks it up.

did you watch thegame??? melo and bosh were not good today....

Yes, I watched the game, Melo struggled, but he's good when he needs to be, he's one player I don't take one game as anything big, he belongs on the team. His shot is often on, it's when he goes to the rim he gets in trouble. And Bosh played good imo, not brilliant, bu he was very competent. He played much better than Amare for that matter.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:44 pm

What a waste of an article. Why not write an article about how great Durant played today or something, be positive instead of spewing ridiculous hatred. You'd think if there was any time to stop the Kobe hate was when he was representing the country these sports writers root for, guess not.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gdchild on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:46 pm

hgo wrote:

you said it ... crazy
did they watch Melo's game ?

I won't bother clicking on the link.
Like Lakers8899?
gdchild

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:49 pm

Weezy wrote:

What a waste of an article. Why not write an article about how great Durant played today or something, be positive instead of spewing ridiculous hatred. You'd think if there was any time to stop the Kobe hate was when he was representing the country these sports writers root for, guess not.

Exactly man. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby gdchild on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:18 pm

Kobe is the man. :man4: :bow:
gdchild

Postby Force on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:22 pm

Weezy wrote:

I couldn't even finish the article before I just closed it out of frustration that someone like that can actually get a job as a sports writer. :bang: :mad1:
"Even though we survived through the struggle that made us, we still look at ourselve's through the eyes of people who hate us."

-Immortal Technique

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it."

-Patrick Henry
Force

Postby westcoast21 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:30 pm

that article is ridiculous, but whatever we are use to the Kobe Hate so its not a big deal. Lets hear all the haters once Team USA is recieving the gold medals after Kobe averages 50 ppg in the Olympics :mhihi:
westcoast21

Postby png247 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:45 pm

kobe....played ok, finished great, getting mixed feelings watching the dude.

miller did well. melo struggled a bit but just based on what he did last time alone he gets a pass.

kidd was great. too bad he had to score. lebron was ok. amare didn't feel like playing.

that writer is a f'ng moron. fast break dunk attempt is a sign of kobe's selfishness? he couldn't praise lebron for a great block but had to pull that out of his @ss? nice.
png247

Postby JfortheW on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:52 pm

Just watched NBAtv coverage [recording].

We've all been watching Bryant make and miss clutch shots, many many times. Watching this exposition, though very competitve and entertaining one, I surprised myself with the most obvious thought I'm going to have all year, "Man..(shaking my head)..this guy is good".

I think #10 might have a slight chance at making this squad, no? :man10:

Couple of responses, since, well it's a forum and that's what we do:

* Give Anthony some slack, he played well today. I'd say he's sure to make the team along with James.

*Speaking of James, yeah, that was very nice hustle block on Bryant. That was just about negated on his last shot, seemed "juuuuuust a bit outside" [Bob Uecker]. Even so, Le Bron had monster game via Kidd.

*Kidd: great passes, serving up the bigs like soup nazi, "NEXT!" Not sure about just taking one shot, though. Hope he gets a little more involved on the Offense.

*Durant: :man4: I think I may agree, may turn out to be the Blazer's passing up MJ all over again. wow.

Kidd
Kobe
LeBron
Stoudemire [?]
Howard

Looks solid.
JfortheW

Postby air_bryant08 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:53 pm

ImageMike DeCourcy = IDIOT
"This game is in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the lights are out, the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard, and the JELLO'S JIGGLIN'!" -Chick Hearn
air_bryant08

Postby png247 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:55 pm

i'd put bosh at PF. and durant was pretty damn awesome for a rookie. or a non-rookie for that matter.
png247

Postby Lal-mtl on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:56 pm

Bryant took plenty of playful ribbing from teammate and Team USA veteran Jason Kidd after Bryant tried to call a timeout with 21.3 seconds left -- a no-no under international rules, under which only a coach can call a timeout.

The episode happened after Bryant brought the ball upcourt, came to a halt near the scorer's table and signaled with his hands for a timeout. The referee blew his whistle, then bailed himself out by calling a foul on Kidd, who was defending Bryant on the play.

Coach Mike Krzyzewski conceded after the game that the timeout rule has not yet been explained to the players in person, although they have been given paperwork with a list of the differences between FIBA rules and NBA rules.

"Situations like that can actually be helpful to us because sometimes the best way to learn the rule is by actually doing it," Krzyzewski said. "It definitely added to the intrigue."

Bryant made light of the episode afterward, joking that he actually made a "T" sign with his hands because he wanted the referee to call a technical foul on Kidd for elbowing him in the stomach "like it was a game from the '80s."

"His big, grown-up body knocked me off-balance, so I have to get used to playing at a lighter weight," said Bryant, who has dropped 19 pounds since the end of the NBA season.

link
-----------------------------------------
1. "RESIGN" (to quit, leave office, etc.) is not = "RE-SIGN"
2. "SHOULD' VE" (should HAVE) is not= "SHOULD OFF"
- same goes for would've, could've, etc.
Lal-mtl

Postby png247 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:57 pm

and a great big WTF to amare taking a 3, followed by the idiots at the booth "he's been working on that shot". really. way to work on a go to move there amare. and joel myers is an idiot.
png247

Postby KB+KG=DOMINATION on Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:06 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:That Lebron block is going to be replayed for awhile, shouldn't have attempted that Kobe.

yea but did that block win the game?
KB+KG=DOMINATION

Postby Lal-mtl on Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:10 pm

James said of playing with Kidd - "I don't have that luxury on my team back in Cleveland. It's like a dream of mine."

Kobe making that kinda statement = throwing teammates under the bus.:man12:
Awesome game from Kidd though. He still has gas in his tank. :bow:
-----------------------------------------
1. "RESIGN" (to quit, leave office, etc.) is not = "RE-SIGN"
2. "SHOULD' VE" (should HAVE) is not= "SHOULD OFF"
- same goes for would've, could've, etc.
Lal-mtl

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:12 pm

Lal-mtl wrote:
James said of playing with Kidd - "I don't have that luxury on my team back in Cleveland. It's like a dream of mine."

Kobe making that kinda statement = throwing teammates under the bus.:man12:
Awesome game from Kidd though. He still has gas in his tank. :bow:

Kobe said it this way:

"ship that fata$$ out of here"
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby png247 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:13 pm

KB+KG=DOMINATION wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:That Lebron block is going to be replayed for awhile, shouldn't have attempted that Kobe.

why shouldn't he have attempted it. it was a great attempt and a great block. how many players can even attempt that dunk. most of the time lebron would have been on the receiving end of that highlight. besides, that block woke him up.
png247

Postby KB+KG=DOMINATION on Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:23 pm

Lakers8899 wrote:
Cody wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:
Cody wrote:
Lakers8899 wrote:You don't even understand what rhythm is and you say I haven't played/watched a game? :man10: Any superstar that could shoot the fadeaway could have made the shot that Kobe made. There wasn't even an attempt to soft-double him.

Okay, have you played competitive basketball before?

I said that your argument for rhythm can be used for ANY player and most game-winning shots... and you come back with this? The fact is, most players would have missed that shot.

Why would you double Kobe Bryant at the top of the trey, when all that would do is leave someone WIDE OPEN.... that is, with SIX SECONDS left in the game.

Let me help you, six seconds is more than enough time that, if you double Kobe Bean Bryant, you've got someone WIDE OPEN. That means no one is guarding the person and he is WIDE OPEN and will more than likely nail the shot. Because no one would be guarding that person.

Get it?

If you've actually watched a basketball game, you'd know that a well-timed double doesn't necessarily leave someone wide open.

You seriously think that they could have doubled Kobe Bryant without leaving someone wide open? Especially with 10-6 seconds left?

What's your argument anyway? That anyway could make a game-winning shot like Kobe Bryant because he had rhythm, spacing and shot over Jkidd. Well, anyone that can shoot a fadeaway? He didn't even fade that much on his shot.

I'm saying that it's not going to be that easy in a real game. In a real game, first they'll try hard to deny him the ball. If he does catch it, it'll likely be to the side where he'll have a lot less options. If he does get into that position, most likely, they'll help just right he looks like he was about to shoot, unless Prince was playing perfect defense, which he was not.

first off in a real game what about 2004 two clutch shots against the portland trailblazers basically some of the most difficult shots ive ever seen 2006 against pheonix game four over shawn marion and raja bell two of the best defenders in the NBA.

and if any player knew how to fadeaway they could make that shot. are you crazy go outside shoot ten fadeaways from 19 feet come back and honestly tell me how many you make. the fadeaway is the most difficult shot in basketball and kobe mastered it.

people say its just an exhibition game? lets watch the all star game next year to see if lebron bust his a$$ to go the other way and block a shot lets see if they acttually try to rip the ball out of each others hands. they took this game seriously maybe not like a regular season but it was far from exhibition.
KB+KG=DOMINATION

Postby Weezy on Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:33 pm

png247 wrote:
KB+KG=DOMINATION wrote:

why shouldn't he have attempted it. it was a great attempt and a great block. how many players can even attempt that dunk. most of the time lebron would have been on the receiving end of that highlight. besides, that block woke him up.

Yeah, I really don't see the problem with that attempt. So he got blocked, big deal, everyone in the NBA's been blocked at some point. Had he tried to lay it up it would have been swatted even harder and they would have said he should have tried to dunk it and not put it up so weak. At least with a dunk you have a better chance of it going down or maybe getting a foul called. It was a great block though, nice play by LeBron, you want to see that kind of effort on a squad trying to get back to winning the gold.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Team USA