Fiba Rules

Fiba Rules

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:37 pm

I for one love some of the international rules.

Physicality on the perimeter. I like that guys are able to actually play. Go after it. In the NBA they allow so much contact in the post but on the perimeter its completely hands off. It's refreshing to see guys d-ing up hard like Kobe does in the Olympics. No weak ticky-tack touch fouls like the NBA.

Goal tending rule. I like that you're able to knock the ball out once it hits the rim. It's better than the ambiguous imaginary cylinder over the basket. It's simple and easy to refs. Ball hits rim, its live. You don't like guys knocking it out? Hit the shot cleanly and/or box out.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Re: Fiba Rules

Postby Kasumi on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:26 am

+1

I was explaining the differences in NBA vs. FIBA rules to my roommate and she looked at me like I was crazy - like only an idiot would make the NBA so soft.
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby Hunter Jackson on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:33 pm

It's interesting seeing the FIBA rules and stuff. I wonder what it's like to play with that ball.
Hunter Jackson

Postby Dratini927 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:12 pm

The physicality is much better. I like it when I don't have to constantly see little ticky-tack fouls being called everywhere. Also eliminates flopping to a degree as well.
Matt the Drat

Dratini927

Postby lakersStan24 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:16 am

I hate that rule where they say they are traveling when they clearly aren't, it's like why do We have to follow their rules? they should follow our NBA Rules We Made Basketball NOT them, Plus We at least Play It properly.
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby bystander on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:25 am

lakersStan24 wrote:I hate that rule where they say they are traveling when they clearly aren't, it's like why do We have to follow their rules? they should follow our NBA Rules We Made Basketball NOT them, Plus We at least Play It properly.

pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby Azndude2190 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:04 am

lakersStan24 wrote:I hate that rule where they say they are traveling when they clearly aren't, it's like why do We have to follow their rules? they should follow our NBA Rules We Made Basketball NOT them, Plus We at least Play It properly.

do you know how ignorant you sound?
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby Kasumi on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:38 am

:man3:
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby ladam24 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:05 pm

:man10:
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby Murdock on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:34 am

actually the rules about traveling are same ... problem is that NBA refs don't call them properly :D I mean a guy can driblle through entire half-court with one dribble? really ... wake up man

anyway nore to ball being live after it hits the rim ...

I am from europe and the NBA rule is better in one sense - if this rule was NBA the game would suffer, in NBA guys are more athletic and can knock the ball much easier ... it would be a mess imo .. but in europe players are not that athletic so it makes sense
Murdock

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:22 am

Someone will be looking to avoid this thread. :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Texas Lakers Fan

Return to Team USA