Game 4: Sat. 8/16 - USA vs Spain- Predictions/Comments

Postby scissors on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:10 am

bumrusherer wrote:
scissors wrote:kobe needs to have a break out game. its expected of him. many chinese fans paid good money to see kobe play and he isn't putting on a show. not to mention the laker fans that wake up early to watch kobe play. the other players are trying to get kobe more involved but kobe just isn't being kobe right now.

LETS GO KOBE!!!!!
He is playing within the flow of the team. This is personal growth for him.

Plus, he is putting on a show with his defense. Sometims he looks like a crazed dog out there.


don't get me wrong guys. i'd rather have team usa win than kobe have a good game. but ima be straight here. i watch team usa basketball mainly cause of kobe. nothing wrong with that.
User avatar
scissors

 
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Postby E.T Gasol on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:13 am

Spain not playing this well nothing seems to lie as a lost game from the outset, many are walking, only Felipe Reyes. USA very strong as expected, but for me the key has been the shooting % three-point, not all games will do that.

I still think that a possible final match will be very different. Spain has not played or 20% of what we know today do and U.S.A is the best match in % 3p. Aito Garcia Reneses today has studied USA, Krzyzewski not because Spain has not played anything or defense ( always a 3-2 zone, has not wanted to use the 1-3-1 which is always used Spain. very curious ), or attack, or variations, players importants many minutes on the bench etc ..

Congratulations on your victory. Hopefully we are in the final.
Image
User avatar
E.T Gasol

 
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:06 am
Location: Rudy Fernandez MVP

Postby E.T Gasol on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:18 am

bumrusherer wrote:E.T Gasol....Are you enjoying the game??


No, i like european style, sorry. I do not like to see players running and make a dunk in 4 of 5 plays, but is my opinion.

Anyway congratulations on the victory and the game (I think that the best U.S. so far). Although only 1 game where nothing is not playing, 1/4, semis and final is the important.
Image
User avatar
E.T Gasol

 
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:06 am
Location: Rudy Fernandez MVP

Postby OC Lakerfan on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:19 am

E.T Gasol wrote:Spain not playing this well nothing seems to lie as a lost game from the outset, many are walking, only Felipe Reyes. USA very strong as expected, but for me the key has been the shooting % three-point, not all games will do that.

I still think that a possible final match will be very different. Spain has not played or 20% of what we know today do and U.S.A is the best match in % 3p. Aito Garcia Reneses today has studied USA, Krzyzewski not because Spain has not played anything or defense ( always a 3-2 zone, has not wanted to use the 1-3-1 which is always used Spain. very curious ), or attack, or variations, players importants many minutes on the bench etc ..

Congratulations on your victory. Hopefully we are in the final.


Underestimating your opponent is exactly why TeamUSA lost in Athens.
"If I was Kobe," AI continues, "I'd have begged Shaq to come back, and if I was Shaq, I would've begged Kobe to come back. Ego ain't going to get you nothin' except an early exit."
User avatar
OC Lakerfan

 
Posts: 3159
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:57 pm

Postby Kobe&Pau_RuleZ on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:24 am

CONGRATULATIONS!

USA play a very good game :bow:

See you at the finals again :man12:


:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Last edited by Kobe&Pau_RuleZ on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kobe&Pau_RuleZ

 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:24 am
Location: Valladolid,España

Postby scissors on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:24 am

this team usa is just too good. if any country feels that they might have a slight chance then they are just fooling themselves.

other countries should be competing for silver.
User avatar
scissors

 
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Postby leakbrewergator on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:26 am

jimbo327 wrote:BEATDOWN
Image


Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
User avatar
leakbrewergator

 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:01 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Postby E.T Gasol on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:26 am

OC Lakerfan wrote:
E.T Gasol wrote:Spain not playing this well nothing seems to lie as a lost game from the outset, many are walking, only Felipe Reyes. USA very strong as expected, but for me the key has been the shooting % three-point, not all games will do that.

I still think that a possible final match will be very different. Spain has not played or 20% of what we know today do and U.S.A is the best match in % 3p. Aito Garcia Reneses today has studied USA, Krzyzewski not because Spain has not played anything or defense ( always a 3-2 zone, has not wanted to use the 1-3-1 which is always used Spain. very curious ), or attack, or variations, players importants many minutes on the bench etc ..

Congratulations on your victory. Hopefully we are in the final.


Underestimating your opponent is exactly why TeamUSA lost in Athens.


I agree, that, and the selfishness of some players. This selection of USA this much more united than in Athens. USA obviously plays as if they know they won the gold safe, but this is basketball, a bad day at 1 / 4, semis or final you can have it either, and I still think that Spain, Lithuania and Argentina may surprise, today for example I have not played well or nothing Calderon Nor Navarro, nor Rudy nor Ricky nor Gasol ... Felipe Reyes single, and this is not normal.
Image
User avatar
E.T Gasol

 
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:06 am
Location: Rudy Fernandez MVP

Postby bystander on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:28 am

People has been saying Spain would not compete 100% this game.

Ok, that's one thing. Another thing is getting powned this way.

US humiliated Spain.

Seems like only Reyes and Rubio have cojones in this team. Walking in the Olympics losing by 30 ? OMG !!!
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
User avatar
bystander

 
Posts: 6381
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: Salamanca, Spain.

Postby leakbrewergator on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:30 am

bystander wrote:People has been saying Spain would not compete 100% this game.

Ok, that's one thing. Another thing is getting powned this way.

US humiliated Spain.

Seems like only Reyes and Rubio have cojones in this team. Walking in the Olympics losing by 30 ? OMG !!!


Excuse me, it was 37.......
Image


Miami ThreeTARDS- Duh Wayne 'Fraid, Piss Posh, LeBrat Shames
User avatar
leakbrewergator

 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:01 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Postby scissors on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:32 am

china and angola was a better match than spain was.
User avatar
scissors

 
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Postby Radner on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:34 am

The difference in this game was the three point shooting of Team USA. Everytime Spain was trying to make a run specifically in the first half, USA came back with a three.

I don't know if they can sustain that shooting but they are definitely winning because of it.
Radner

 
Posts: 14094
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:53 am

Postby OC Lakerfan on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:37 am

bystander wrote:People has been saying Spain would not compete 100% this game.

Ok, that's one thing. Another thing is getting powned this way.

US humiliated Spain.

Seems like only Reyes and Rubio have cojones in this team. Walking in the Olympics losing by 30 ? OMG !!!


I don't believe that one bit. You compete 100% in the Olympics. You are playing for your country, you can't take anything for granted. While they may have given up after the game was already decided, to say they didn't compete 100% is an insult to both Spain and TeamUSA.
"If I was Kobe," AI continues, "I'd have begged Shaq to come back, and if I was Shaq, I would've begged Kobe to come back. Ego ain't going to get you nothin' except an early exit."
User avatar
OC Lakerfan

 
Posts: 3159
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:57 pm

Postby scissors on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:41 am

bystander wrote:People has been saying Spain would not compete 100% this game.

Ok, that's one thing. Another thing is getting powned this way.

US humiliated Spain.

Seems like only Reyes and Rubio have cojones in this team. Walking in the Olympics losing by 30 ? OMG !!!


people say that cause it makes them feel better when they lose. me included.
User avatar
scissors

 
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Postby RJ on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:43 am

scissors wrote:
bystander wrote:People has been saying Spain would not compete 100% this game.

Ok, that's one thing. Another thing is getting powned this way.

US humiliated Spain.

Seems like only Reyes and Rubio have cojones in this team. Walking in the Olympics losing by 30 ? OMG !!!


people say that cause it makes them feel better when they lose. me included.

They were saying that since before the game. Must be a source to that rumor somewhere... Or they were just admitting defeat since they knew they had no real chance against us. :man10:
Image
[PSN ID: RJN]

{CLK} One team. One Clan.
RJ, No Scope, Nissan, CrazyLikeCatfish, LD2K, Helljumper, TXLAKERFAN
PM me to join.
User avatar
RJ

 
Posts: 4618
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:25 pm

Postby Ras Algethi on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:00 am

Game time baby!
Image
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
User avatar
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 18073
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:11 pm
Location: Laker Land

Postby E.T Gasol on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:04 am

IN 1/4:

USA VS Australian.
Spain VS Croatia.
Lithuania VS Greece or China.
Argentina VS Greece or China.
Image
User avatar
E.T Gasol

 
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:06 am
Location: Rudy Fernandez MVP

Postby High IQ on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:06 am

did France compete in Olympics? I mean basketball? :man3:
User avatar
High IQ

 
Posts: 12779
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:05 am
Location: Riga, Latvia

Postby Ras Algethi on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:13 am

RJ wrote:
scissors wrote:
bystander wrote:People has been saying Spain would not compete 100% this game.

Ok, that's one thing. Another thing is getting powned this way.

US humiliated Spain.

Seems like only Reyes and Rubio have cojones in this team. Walking in the Olympics losing by 30 ? OMG !!!


people say that cause it makes them feel better when they lose. me included.

They were saying that since before the game. Must be a source to that rumor somewhere... Or they were just admitting defeat since they knew they had no real chance against us. :man10:


Yeah some of the spanish fans on this board were already making excuses before the game started. They were saying how Spain won't go all out because its not an elimination game, blah blah blah.
Image
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
User avatar
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 18073
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:11 pm
Location: Laker Land

Postby Ras Algethi on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:19 am

Easy Kobe, Pau's your teammate.
Image
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
User avatar
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 18073
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:11 pm
Location: Laker Land

Postby KB24 on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:23 am

High IQ wrote:did France compete in Olympics? I mean basketball? :man3:


no, they sucked in the qualifications against Germany and didn't even make the olympics...but the NBA players didn't want to participate...Diaw, Turiaf, Parker, Pietrus, Batum

but for what its worth, they wouldn't have a chance at a medals game anyway and the NBA guys wanted a year off which is understandable considering you aren't supposed to be a big deal in this tournament anyway. They are still young tho and can improve a lot.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55547
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby Neville on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:40 am

Neville wrote:I'll go out on a limb and predict a comfortable 20 point win. We will be so focused for this game, there will be no complacency. Spain looked woeful against China and will probably be better, but will not be good enough.

I predict some major ownage tomorrow and a good dose of humble pie for our overconfident Spanish friends on this forum. Payback's a b!tch.



Ok so I missed it by 15 pts but was I right or what? Hope that taste of humble pie brings our Spanish friends back down to earth! :mhihi:
Last edited by Neville on Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neville

 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:34 am

Postby scissors on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:41 am

two0one7 wrote:Easy Kobe, Pau's your teammate.


you just watching the game?
User avatar
scissors

 
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Postby Ras Algethi on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:46 am

scissors wrote:
two0one7 wrote:Easy Kobe, Pau's your teammate.


you just watching the game?


Yep, westcoast tape delay. Besides, I didn't feel like waking up at 7am.
Image
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
User avatar
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 18073
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:11 pm
Location: Laker Land

Postby Ras Algethi on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:50 am

Boo, Kobe's been in foul trouble for pretty much the entire 1st half.
Image
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
User avatar
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 18073
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:11 pm
Location: Laker Land

PreviousNext

Return to Team USA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.