GoldMedalGame: 8/24 USA vs Spain - Predictions/Comments

Postby Legendary on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:15 am

1_Paranoik_6 wrote:Congratulation :bang:

Props to you for showing up.

Now let's all root for Laker gold...Kobe/Pau/Bynum wrecking havoc. :jam2: :jam2:
Legendary

Postby jlkr on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:15 am

No one got an advantage on the referee calls, there were a fair number of calls and non-calls on both sides. Some were blatant, like the Marc Gasol throwdown or the Wade offensive foul on that baseline turnaround. The US was just a little bit better, mostly thanks to the 3pt shooting, slightly better defense, Wade's all around game and Kobe in the 4th.
jlkr

Postby Showtime is Magic on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:16 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:
Showtime is Magic wrote:
kray28 wrote:Kinda funny hearing Doug Collins going on and on about Argentina winning the bronze and congratulating them....when he was part of the team that refused to accept the silver.

Remind me why he didnt accept it again? I hope NO player EVER accepts that SIlver. Argentina played with heart and lost. They deserve the metal.

the whole team still hasnt accepted it. doug collins said he never will. they didnt even show up to the medal ceremony.

Yeah i know and they SHOULDNT accept it. It was a total mockery of sports.
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby Furious Laker on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:20 am

Hell yeah! Screw Spain. I can't stand them. Ever since they bowed down to terrorists after the train bombing. Country of cowards.

Yeah I said it!
Furious Laker

Postby Legendary on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:20 am

SOAD wrote:
Legendary wrote:Spain played a great game.......but we all knew the outcome...at least some of us did.

Yeah, well, some folks still don't know the outcome apparently. :man10:

Well, it was apparent to most.....but I played along. I just want the Spanish fans and the native Laker fans to unite for the ultimate goal.....

Which is to bring that NBA championship back to L.A.

I hope that's their goal...because that's all I care about...
Legendary

Postby SOAD on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:21 am

Legendary wrote:
SOAD wrote:
Legendary wrote:Spain played a great game.......but we all knew the outcome...at least some of us did.

Yeah, well, some folks still don't know the outcome apparently. :man10:

Well, it was apparent to most.....but I played along. I just want the Spanish fans and the native Laker fans to unite for the ultimate goal.....

Which is to bring that NBA championship back to L.A.

I hope that's their goal...because that's all I care about...

We'll unite alright once the season starts, I'm confident of that. :jam2:
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Legendary on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:21 am

Furious Laker wrote:Hell yeah! Screw Spain. I can't stand them. Ever since they bowed down to terrorists after the train bombing. Country of cowards.

Yeah I said it!

Let's be nice....their basketball fans don't run the country.
Legendary

Postby bystander on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:22 am

Furious Laker wrote:Hell yeah! Screw Spain. I can't stand them. Ever since they bowed down to terrorists after the train bombing. Country of cowards.

Yeah I said it!

Go **** yourself , you don't have any idea of what you are talking about. Shut up. Speak about basketball.

Oh, yeah, spanish posters, classless.

Edit,

I will waste some of my time in your ignorance.

This country went to an illegal war because the former president wanted to. The country, the people of Spain, never wanted to go to Iraq. Not now, not never. So put your tounge in your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] before speaking again about something you dont have any ckufing idea.

Continue speaking about how great are americans players ( they are ) and read a book, just one.
Last edited by bystander on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby d33pzone on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:22 am

A truly amazing game, capped off by a brilliant 4th quarter by Bryant. This wouldn't be so memorable if Spain didn't play so valiantly. Spain's basketball team won the respect of many fans.
d33pzone

Postby Sumo390 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:22 am

All right, time to get back to being Laker fans first and may I say I dislike Lebron, DWade, Paul etc again. :man12:
Sumo390

Postby jimbo327 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:23 am

Wade was spectacular tonight. He saved our butts with clutch plays all game long.
jimbo327

Postby SOAD on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:23 am

bystander wrote:Oh, yeah, spanish posters, classless.

Um, what? Does a classless US poster negate the classless Spanish posters?
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby purp n gold on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:23 am

At the end of it all, I was very very impressed by Spain. Simply put, this team was put together very well. Their guards are superb and they worked great with the outside-inside game with the Gasol bros. Congrats to Spain for fighting hard and playing a good game.
purp n gold

Postby SOAD on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:24 am

Anyhow,

Congrads Spain, you guys deserved second place. :jam2:
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby jimbo327 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:25 am

I think this was one of the most entertaining Gold Medal game in a long time. Spain played out of their minds, very good. That Rudy Fernandez kid was shooting great. And I like Ricky Rubio as well, but he really needs to develop offensive game and maybe go work out a little bit.

But USA did their job and got the Gold.
jimbo327

Postby BDG on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:26 am

Please cut out the USA-Spain trash talk.

Let's keep this thread about celebrating the USA victory and congratulating the Spanish team for a hard-fought game.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SOAD on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:29 am

Can't wait to see Kobe and Pau together again.

It's just awesome to think the leaders of the gold and silver team rep LA :jam2:
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby jimbo327 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:32 am

Yes, I wish Pau was this aggressive on the Lakers. And I wished we had kept Marc Gasol on the Lakers. Spain ran some good plays on the weak side, they lobbed to Pau knowing we only had small guards on that side.
jimbo327

Postby Flexor on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:33 am

jlkr wrote:No one got an advantage on the referee calls, there were a fair number of calls and non-calls on both sides. Some were blatant, like the Marc Gasol throwdown or the Wade offensive foul on that baseline turnaround. The US was just a little bit better, mostly thanks to the 3pt shooting, slightly better defense, Wade's all around game and Kobe in the 4th.

I agree.

Thanks for the balanced analysis, and congratulations to you and to all the nice posters around here.

I would like add, that I'm very proud of Spain. They played their best without fear and they had a chance. Well done!

Now I hope spaniards, americans and the rest of the world, enjoy the next season watching the Lakers winning it all!

Cheers.
Flexor

Postby SOAD on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:36 am

Flexor wrote:
jlkr wrote:No one got an advantage on the referee calls, there were a fair number of calls and non-calls on both sides. Some were blatant, like the Marc Gasol throwdown or the Wade offensive foul on that baseline turnaround. The US was just a little bit better, mostly thanks to the 3pt shooting, slightly better defense, Wade's all around game and Kobe in the 4th.

I agree.

Thanks for the balanced analysis, and congratulations to you and to all the nice posters around here.

I would like add, that I'm very proud of Spain. They played their best without fear and they had a chance. Well done!

Now I hope spaniards, americans and the rest of the world, enjoy the next season watching the Lakers winning it all!

Cheers.

Congrads to you too.

Right on brother :jam2:
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Frank The Tank on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:39 am

iberian_oso wrote:Most of the players were classy in the win and in the loss.

Most of the posters here were classy in the win and in the loss as well, except a couple of them.

Congratulations, Team USA and Spain, it really was a great game.

Thanks for being a good sport. It was a great game by the two best teams in the world. There is no need for sour grapes, we are all on the same side now.

Go Lakers. :jam2:
Frank The Tank

Postby Barnstable on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:40 am

That was a fantastic game and I'm so happy that when it came down to it, Kobe was the reason the USA won this game. Play after play after play, he came through in the clutch :jam2:

Congratulations to Spain as well because they played team USA about as tough as any team could kept there composure after being down and just kept coming back to threaten USA's lead. If Kobe wasn't there, they might have won the game and the gold.

A few thoughts on the Spanish team:

Rubio looks like he's going to be the ish if he decides to come to the NBA. He's only 17 and this good, I can't imagine him in a few years after developing his shooting :man4:

I really wish we were able to keep the rights to Marc Gasol :man5: He would have been great on the Lakers. A good strong enforcer.

A thought on team USA:

It seems like the other teams don't like Melo too much, they hit him and threw him down at every possible opportunity :mhihi:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Legendary on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:41 am

SOAD wrote:
Flexor wrote:

I agree.

Cheers.

Congrads to you too.

Right on brother :jam2:

Kobe sealed it...there's no dispute about that.

All we have to wait for are the hater journalists, and average hacks to show up and twist this into something that it's not.
Legendary

Postby CrazyLikeCatfish on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:41 am

Navarro and Fernandez were tearing our stars up until Kobe was put on them, but still those two played amazing games. Spain put up a great fight that was worthy of gold, but Kobe and Wade had a different say in that matter. A great game and we finally taste gold again!
CrazyLikeCatfish

Postby 1_Paranoik_6 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:46 am

Legendary wrote:
1_Paranoik_6 wrote:Congratulation :bang:

Props to you for showing up.

Thanks man ;)
1_Paranoik_6

PreviousNext

Return to Team USA