Postby bystander on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:49 am

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=PJ0H30RH

first in spanish, then in english.

Just jokin'
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby jlkr on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:50 am

CrazyLikeCatfish wrote:Navarro and Fernandez were tearing our stars up until Kobe was put on them, but still those two played amazing games. Spain put up a great fight that was worthy of gold, but Kobe and Wade had a different say in that matter. A great game and we finally taste gold again!

Fernandez is the real deal. I don't care how many good young swingmen the Blazers already have, Fernandez is good enough to get lots of playing time next season. Sheesh! Navarro got good notices while playing in the US, but I believe he's going back to Spain? Rubio will be a top 5 pick if he declares for the NBA draft at age 19. And he might become the best international PG not named Tony Parker by that time.
jlkr

Postby SOAD on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:52 am

bystander wrote:http://www.megavideo.com/?v=PJ0H30RH

Just jokin'

Mhm, Spain never traveled and never got away with anything.

I can make a bunch of 2 minute clips too, what's your point?
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:54 am

You Spanish fans should take a memo from Flexor.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby bystander on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:57 am

SOAD wrote:

Just jokin'

i didn't make the video, i just found it right now and i thought it would be fun to post it. You can make the clips you want, US made more traveling than the rest of the teams together.

Don't see a hater in me, im watching NBA since i was a kid because i like it, if i only liked FIBA basketball i would never post here. Just saying i think it wasn't fair.

I've got another fun link too http://www.fiba.com/downloads/Rules/200 ... es2008.pdf ;) ;)

bystander

Postby SOAD on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:59 am

bystander wrote:i didn't make the video,

Did I say you did?

bystander wrote:US made more traveling than the rest of the teams together.

Well I'm certainly glad you have numbers to back that up.

bystander wrote:Don't see a hater in me, im watching NBA since i was a kid because i like it, if i only liked FIBA basketball i would never post here. Just saying i think it wasn't fair.

What wasn't fair? For the millionth time, if you think only Spain got screwed by the refs, you don't know what you're talking about.
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby SOAD on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:01 am

That second place must really hurt.
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:04 am

bystander wrote:
SOAD wrote:

Just jokin'

i didn't make the video, i just found it right now and i thought it would be fun to post it. You can make the clips you want, US made more traveling than the rest of the teams together.

Don't see a hater in me, im watching NBA since i was a kid because i like it, if i only liked FIBA basketball i would never post here. Just saying i think it wasn't fair.

I've got another fun link too http://www.fiba.com/downloads/Rules/200 ... es2008.pdf ;) ;)

SO I suppose all the extra shoves the Spain players did was fair?

The two hand shove of Chris Bosh by Marc Gasol right in front of the ref with no call was fair?

How about the constant two hand shoves under the rim to get rebounds by Spain, was that fair?

What about the 6000 warnings the refs gave the Spanish bench was that fair?

The hard no calls for Spain and the touch fouls on Kobe and Bron?

How about the cheap shot at Wade at the end of the half?

(I can go on and on)

The refs of Fiba are horrible. Both of theses teams got some calls for and against them. TO sit and say the USA got away with some things because you watch FIBA basketball is cool. Just wonder why you aren't pointing out all the things Spain got away with even with the FIBA rules?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby BDG on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:10 am

Any further comments attempting to discredit the United States victory will be considered as trolling and will be removed.

Let's keep this thread discussing a great game between two great teams.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby A. Benbow on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:11 am

two0one7 wrote:I'm actually impressed by Spain. They played a great game but their low class, sore loser fans are giving them a bad image.

Well, you almost read my mind, but in the other way. I want to congratulate USA team because they were not only the best players but the best team as well. BUT... Refs helped USA team, and you have to be really biased to see it the other way around. It´s a pity because I think they would have won anyway, and it would have been nicer to the players to win by themselves.

About that thing of being dirty, well, maybe you should pay more atention to Dwight Howard. He smacked everyone in every rebound of the game. It has been a hard game, but not a dirty one IMHO. At least I hope you will admit that it was different from the Argentinas one.

And talking about the fans, there are some of spanish fans that embarrass me, but there a bunch of USA fans thet embarrass me even more. How can you say that you are fan of the biggest gentleman in the game (I´m talking about Kobe, of course) and be so low class. You have a great team and you will keep winning, so you should think about learning to behave when you win. Just like Kobe, you know.

Anyway, congratulations to the team USA. Thay deserved it because of the three year commitment, the effort, the respect to rivals, and so on.
A. Benbow

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:13 am

A. Benbow wrote:
two0one7 wrote:I'm actually impressed by Spain. They played a great game but their low class, sore loser fans are giving them a bad image.

Well, you almost read my mind, but in the other way. I want to congratulate USA team because they were not only the best players but the best team as well. BUT... Refs helped USA team, and you have to be really biased to see it the other way around. It´s a pity because I think they would have won anyway, and it would have been nicer to the players to win by themselves.

About that thing of being dirty, well, maybe you should pay more atention to Dwight Howard. He smacked everyone in every rebound of the game. It has been a hard game, but not a dirty one IMHO. At least I hope you will admit that it was different from the Argentinas one.

And talking about the fans, there are some of spanish fans that embarrass me, but there a bunch of USA fans thet embarrass me even more. How can you say that you are fan of the biggest gentleman in the game (I´m talking about Kobe, of course) and be so low class. You have a great team and you will keep winning, so you should think about learning to behave when you win. Just like Kobe, you know.

Anyway, congratulations to the team USA. Thay deserved it because of the three year commitment, the effort, the respect to rivals, and so on.

LMAO at 98% of this post.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Sykler on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:31 am

Sore loser fans

Obvious.
I`m Spaniard so please correct me if I make some big mistakes when writing. Thanks guys
Sykler

Postby SOAD on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:37 am

Sykler wrote:Sore loser fans

Obvious.

Yeah, actually. Sore losers, butthurt, whatever you want to call it.

If you think the refs didn't suck both ways you weren't watching the game.

lol sore losers, obvious.
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby SOAD on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:39 am

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The refs didn't suck when they helped Spain, my memory is one-sided.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Silver :man10:
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Sykler on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:41 am

SOAD wrote:
Sykler wrote:Sore loser fans

Obvious.

Yeah, actually. Sore losers, butthurt, whatever you want to call it.

If you think the refs didn't suck both ways you weren't watching the game.

lol sore losers, obvious.

And we are rather bad-mannered, I suppose

Oh! Maybe it's all of you who don't respect a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].
I`m Spaniard so please correct me if I make some big mistakes when writing. Thanks guys
Sykler

Postby SOAD on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:42 am

Take a picture of the Spanish bench, any second of the game.

"Oh! Maybe it's all of you who don't respect a [whatever swear you inserted here]."

:lol:
Last edited by SOAD on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:43 am

Man the Spanish fans are butt hurt. They're taking it real hard. Its absolutely hilarious. :mhihi:
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby SOAD on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:44 am

two0one7 wrote:Man the Spanish fans are butt hurt. They're taking it real hard. Its absolutely hilarious. :mhihi:

Sucks to be second :lol:
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby bystander on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:50 am

ok, ok, you won, we loose.

bystander

Postby Barnstable on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:51 am

A. Benbow wrote:

I watched the game as well and if you don't think Spain got a way with as much BS calls and BS no-calls as the US............... I don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong.

There was no favoritism. Both sides had there share of horrible officiating, or did you not notice both Lebron and Kobe having to sit early in the first because of fouls?
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Barnstable on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:54 am

bystander wrote:Image

So you're showing us how the Spanish player should have been called for an offensive foul for using his off hand to push Howards arms out of the way right?
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby bystander on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:02 am

Barnstable wrote:

So you're showing us how the Spanish player should have been called for an offensive foul for using his off hand to push Howards arms out of the way right?

Exactly.

bystander

Postby Legendary on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:03 am

:man3: Yeah...you lost.

Is this clip supposed to prove something???? Take it like a man because whining about it won't change the outcome.
Last edited by Legendary on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Legendary

Postby Chumari on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:05 am

Great game BTW :boxing1:

Congrats for the gold...See you in 4 years :jam2: .
Chumari

Postby CLICKCLICK on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:08 am

can someone update me on what was it that lebron did that was supposedly rude and arrogant?

I watched the game but didint catch it
CLICKCLICK

PreviousNext

Return to Team USA