GoldMedalGame: 8/24 USA vs Spain - Predictions/Comments

Postby A. Benbow on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:08 am

Barnstable wrote:
A. Benbow wrote:
two0one7 wrote:I'm actually impressed by Spain. They played a great game but their low class, sore loser fans are giving them a bad image.


Well, you almost read my mind, but in the other way. I want to congratulate USA team because they were not only the best players but the best team as well. BUT... Refs helped USA team, and you have to be really biased to see it the other way around. It´s a pity because I think they would have won anyway, and it would have been nicer to the players to win by themselves.

About that thing of being dirty, well, maybe you should pay more atention to Dwight Howard. He smacked everyone in every rebound of the game. It has been a hard game, but not a dirty one IMHO. At least I hope you will admit that it was different from the Argentinas one.

And talking about the fans, there are some of spanish fans that embarrass me, but there a bunch of USA fans thet embarrass me even more. How can you say that you are fan of the biggest gentleman in the game (I´m talking about Kobe, of course) and be so low class. You have a great team and you will keep winning, so you should think about learning to behave when you win. Just like Kobe, you know.

Anyway, congratulations to the team USA. Thay deserved it because of the three year commitment, the effort, the respect to rivals, and so on.


I watched the game as well and if you don't think Spain got a way with as much BS calls and BS no-calls as the US............... I don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong.

There was no favoritism. Both sides had there share of horrible officiating, or did you not notice both Lebron and Kobe having to sit early in the first because of fouls?


OK, I accept this argument about horrible officiating for both teams. I don´t agree but I can accept it and talk about it. But people here were complaining about how the refs were helping Spain. C´mon.

And then I come here to congratulate you and one poster says he laughts his a.ss off and others say that we are all sore losers. Maybe you also don´t know what to tell me other than I´m wrong. Maybe theres something lost in translation because of my bad english, or maybe we have different cultural background.

I hope next season Spanish posters will stop to seem ugly, smelly and sore losers to you and I hope we will be wellcomed again in Clublakers. Anyway this won´t be the same for me, that can asure you. I´m a bit disapointed with some of the fans in this forum.
A. Benbow

 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Arrigorriaga

Postby Legendary on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:14 am

Legendary wrote:
georgirion wrote:hahaha

USA won by only 11 points to Australia. :man10:

I look forward to seeing the game Spain - USA :boxing1:


Just make sure you come back here during the medal ceremony.....when we're collecting the gold.


Legendary wrote:
A. Benbow wrote:
Legendary wrote:
jonelo wrote:
Legendary wrote:Just make sure you come back here during the medal ceremony.....when we're collecting the gold.


You can see on Youtube that happened the last time that Spain team expect U.S.A team in a final . I wish U.S.A. team there instead of the 300 Spartans , I wish see two USA - Spain and a final USA - Spain . The end is far , both teams have a difficult road there . Enjoy you the games day to day , without many dreams because sometimes the dreams can converted in nightmares for any team.


Yeah, well that was then..this is now...a completely different U.S. team. There's no need to go research previous games.

I just hope some of these people who have the audacity to make snide comments over a meaningless exhibition game come back when they see this team determined and ready to do what needs to be done.

That's all I ask.

Kobe will not be denied twice. He already was denied an NBA championship, and I'm sure he'll be damned if he is embarrassed by being denied a gold medal in these Olympics. With that alone, I'm confident that he will lead this team, and get the job done.

But I'll withhold my arrogance. You're right, there's no telling what could happen. But I didn't go over to the Spanish board talking crap (I'm not referring to you, but the other guy who came in here talking about this game).

We'll see what happens, and I hope he shows up with the same exuberance and glee.


Luckily the team USA knows better than you. It´s a good thing yo go and research previous games because there you can find some useful information. There´s more to learn in that game against Greece than in this last one againts Australia.

This team is just slightly better than the 06 one. That team could have get it done, and this team can loose, because in the final rounds anyone can loose a match. This is not a seven games series. You have to be undefeated in the final rounds. And thats not so easy. You´ve got to have a litle bit of luck.

So don´t count just on these exhibition games to be so optimistic because the 06 squad was also crushing everybody through his way to the semifinals. This squad will probably do the same. Then the real tournament will start. Hope to see you there and hope we´ll have an olympic champion in the Lakers next year (aint gonna be Kobe, homie :man12: )


I said we won't see what this U.S. team can do until the games actually count. Why would I be optimistic about a poor performance against Australia? I can only hope your Spanish team thinks the same way you do and underestimates us based off this one game.

And if you believe this team is only slightly better than 06, you sir are in for a rude awakening. All of our younger guys have improved, and a man on a mission by the name of Kobe is on the squad. That alone is enough to put this team more than a few notches above the 06 team.

If anyone, it's you who is the delusional one. Especially if you think this squad has shown all that they can do.

I'll just add your name to the list of people I want to see back in here when the medal ceremony rolls around and Spain is taking home the Silver or Bronze.

I can't believe people are runnin' up in here with this madness. :man10:


***ahem***
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Postby A. Benbow on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:29 am

Legendary wrote:
Legendary wrote:
A. Benbow wrote:
Legendary wrote:
jonelo wrote:
Legendary wrote:Just make sure you come back here during the medal ceremony.....when we're collecting the gold.


You can see on Youtube that happened the last time that Spain team expect U.S.A team in a final . I wish U.S.A. team there instead of the 300 Spartans , I wish see two USA - Spain and a final USA - Spain . The end is far , both teams have a difficult road there . Enjoy you the games day to day , without many dreams because sometimes the dreams can converted in nightmares for any team.


Yeah, well that was then..this is now...a completely different U.S. team. There's no need to go research previous games.

I just hope some of these people who have the audacity to make snide comments over a meaningless exhibition game come back when they see this team determined and ready to do what needs to be done.

That's all I ask.

Kobe will not be denied twice. He already was denied an NBA championship, and I'm sure he'll be damned if he is embarrassed by being denied a gold medal in these Olympics. With that alone, I'm confident that he will lead this team, and get the job done.

But I'll withhold my arrogance. You're right, there's no telling what could happen. But I didn't go over to the Spanish board talking crap (I'm not referring to you, but the other guy who came in here talking about this game).

We'll see what happens, and I hope he shows up with the same exuberance and glee.


Luckily the team USA knows better than you. It´s a good thing yo go and research previous games because there you can find some useful information. There´s more to learn in that game against Greece than in this last one againts Australia.

This team is just slightly better than the 06 one. That team could have get it done, and this team can loose, because in the final rounds anyone can loose a match. This is not a seven games series. You have to be undefeated in the final rounds. And thats not so easy. You´ve got to have a litle bit of luck.

So don´t count just on these exhibition games to be so optimistic because the 06 squad was also crushing everybody through his way to the semifinals. This squad will probably do the same. Then the real tournament will start. Hope to see you there and hope we´ll have an olympic champion in the Lakers next year (aint gonna be Kobe, homie :man12: )


I said we won't see what this U.S. team can do until the games actually count. Why would I be optimistic about a poor performance against Australia? I can only hope your Spanish team thinks the same way you do and underestimates us based off this one game.

And if you believe this team is only slightly better than 06, you sir are in for a rude awakening. All of our younger guys have improved, and a man on a mission by the name of Kobe is on the squad. That alone is enough to put this team more than a few notches above the 06 team.

If anyone, it's you who is the delusional one. Especially if you think this squad has shown all that they can do.

I'll just add your name to the list of people I want to see back in here when the medal ceremony rolls around and Spain is taking home the Silver or Bronze.

I can't believe people are runnin' up in here with this madness. :man10:


***ahem***


And, your point is?

I had that opinion, and I don´t think it is disrespectful in anyway with your team. Team USA is better than I thought the same way Spanish is better than most of you thought. And that last sentence was a joke, quoting that famous Kobe conference, and with a smiley in it.

So if you think that I deserve being treated rudely because of that post maybe I should think of moving to lakernations.com or to wherever people could take it easier.
A. Benbow

 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Arrigorriaga

Postby TheGoat on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:31 am

Vigen wrote:Hey but remember when Lakers thought about drafting Rudy Fernandez?
:bow:


When our pick came up, I wanted him, but didn't mind that we took Critt instead. It doesn't really matter now because he would have likely been in the Gasol deal anyway, and I'd do that trade any day of the week.
"After slamming in an alley-oop as the Suns center(Amare Stoudemire) clung helplessly to his arm, Bynum hopped around like he was on a pogo stick, grinning and nodding in a 'Who’s the man-child now?' sort of way" -Chris Broussard of espn.
User avatar
TheGoat

 
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: whispering orders into Kupchak's ear "Do it Mitch!"

Postby Legendary on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:36 am

A. Benbow wrote:
Legendary wrote:
Legendary wrote:
A. Benbow wrote:
Legendary wrote:
jonelo wrote:
Legendary wrote:Just make sure you come back here during the medal ceremony.....when we're collecting the gold.


You can see on Youtube that happened the last time that Spain team expect U.S.A team in a final . I wish U.S.A. team there instead of the 300 Spartans , I wish see two USA - Spain and a final USA - Spain . The end is far , both teams have a difficult road there . Enjoy you the games day to day , without many dreams because sometimes the dreams can converted in nightmares for any team.


Yeah, well that was then..this is now...a completely different U.S. team. There's no need to go research previous games.

I just hope some of these people who have the audacity to make snide comments over a meaningless exhibition game come back when they see this team determined and ready to do what needs to be done.

That's all I ask.

Kobe will not be denied twice. He already was denied an NBA championship, and I'm sure he'll be damned if he is embarrassed by being denied a gold medal in these Olympics. With that alone, I'm confident that he will lead this team, and get the job done.

But I'll withhold my arrogance. You're right, there's no telling what could happen. But I didn't go over to the Spanish board talking crap (I'm not referring to you, but the other guy who came in here talking about this game).

We'll see what happens, and I hope he shows up with the same exuberance and glee.


Luckily the team USA knows better than you. It´s a good thing yo go and research previous games because there you can find some useful information. There´s more to learn in that game against Greece than in this last one againts Australia.

This team is just slightly better than the 06 one. That team could have get it done, and this team can loose, because in the final rounds anyone can loose a match. This is not a seven games series. You have to be undefeated in the final rounds. And thats not so easy. You´ve got to have a litle bit of luck.

So don´t count just on these exhibition games to be so optimistic because the 06 squad was also crushing everybody through his way to the semifinals. This squad will probably do the same. Then the real tournament will start. Hope to see you there and hope we´ll have an olympic champion in the Lakers next year (aint gonna be Kobe, homie :man12: )


I said we won't see what this U.S. team can do until the games actually count. Why would I be optimistic about a poor performance against Australia? I can only hope your Spanish team thinks the same way you do and underestimates us based off this one game.

And if you believe this team is only slightly better than 06, you sir are in for a rude awakening. All of our younger guys have improved, and a man on a mission by the name of Kobe is on the squad. That alone is enough to put this team more than a few notches above the 06 team.

If anyone, it's you who is the delusional one. Especially if you think this squad has shown all that they can do.

I'll just add your name to the list of people I want to see back in here when the medal ceremony rolls around and Spain is taking home the Silver or Bronze.

I can't believe people are runnin' up in here with this madness. :man10:


***ahem***


And, your point is?

I had that opinion, and I don´t think it is disrespectful in anyway with your team. Team USA is better than I thought the same way Spanish is better than most of you thought. And that last sentence was a joke, quoting that famous Kobe conference, and with a smiley in it.

So if you think that I deserve being treated rudely because of that post maybe I should think of moving to lakernations.com or to wherever people could take it easier.


1.) You seem to be offended for some reason. I'm still waiting for those guys who found it convenient to talk stuff when no one here provoked this, to show up now.

2.) No need to get uptight and threaten to leave for Lakersnation. In the end, I hope we're all Laker fans.

3.) Team U.S.A. did all the necessary talking , so I'll leave it at that. Just remember to keep those happy presumptions in check next time.
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Postby bystander on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:54 am

spanish players comments, now you can bash the players rather than the fans,

felipe reyes, ' with other refs we could have won. If the refs would made FIBA calls we could have won but we are proud of the silver medal'

jose calderon, ' im not surprise with the refs, its always the same when a team faces US'

marc gasol ' they were [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] their pants, and if they don't admit it they are lying, we were so close'

rudy fernandez ' if the refs wouls call the traveling we could have won'


This comments has just came in, it's not the fans who don't know to lose, the players thinks the same

links, in spanish, you can use goolge translator

http://jjoo.marca.com/2008/2008/08/24/b ... 75582.html
http://jjoo.marca.com/2008/2008/08/24/b ... 76935.html
http://jjoo.marca.com/2008/2008/08/24/b ... 77961.html
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
User avatar
bystander

 
Posts: 6382
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: Salamanca, Spain.

Postby A. Benbow on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:58 am

Legendary wrote:
A. Benbow wrote:
Legendary wrote:
Legendary wrote:
A. Benbow wrote:
Legendary wrote:
jonelo wrote:
Legendary wrote:Just make sure you come back here during the medal ceremony.....when we're collecting the gold.


You can see on Youtube that happened the last time that Spain team expect U.S.A team in a final . I wish U.S.A. team there instead of the 300 Spartans , I wish see two USA - Spain and a final USA - Spain . The end is far , both teams have a difficult road there . Enjoy you the games day to day , without many dreams because sometimes the dreams can converted in nightmares for any team.


Yeah, well that was then..this is now...a completely different U.S. team. There's no need to go research previous games.

I just hope some of these people who have the audacity to make snide comments over a meaningless exhibition game come back when they see this team determined and ready to do what needs to be done.

That's all I ask.

Kobe will not be denied twice. He already was denied an NBA championship, and I'm sure he'll be damned if he is embarrassed by being denied a gold medal in these Olympics. With that alone, I'm confident that he will lead this team, and get the job done.

But I'll withhold my arrogance. You're right, there's no telling what could happen. But I didn't go over to the Spanish board talking crap (I'm not referring to you, but the other guy who came in here talking about this game).

We'll see what happens, and I hope he shows up with the same exuberance and glee.


Luckily the team USA knows better than you. It´s a good thing yo go and research previous games because there you can find some useful information. There´s more to learn in that game against Greece than in this last one againts Australia.

This team is just slightly better than the 06 one. That team could have get it done, and this team can loose, because in the final rounds anyone can loose a match. This is not a seven games series. You have to be undefeated in the final rounds. And thats not so easy. You´ve got to have a litle bit of luck.

So don´t count just on these exhibition games to be so optimistic because the 06 squad was also crushing everybody through his way to the semifinals. This squad will probably do the same. Then the real tournament will start. Hope to see you there and hope we´ll have an olympic champion in the Lakers next year (aint gonna be Kobe, homie :man12: )


I said we won't see what this U.S. team can do until the games actually count. Why would I be optimistic about a poor performance against Australia? I can only hope your Spanish team thinks the same way you do and underestimates us based off this one game.

And if you believe this team is only slightly better than 06, you sir are in for a rude awakening. All of our younger guys have improved, and a man on a mission by the name of Kobe is on the squad. That alone is enough to put this team more than a few notches above the 06 team.

If anyone, it's you who is the delusional one. Especially if you think this squad has shown all that they can do.

I'll just add your name to the list of people I want to see back in here when the medal ceremony rolls around and Spain is taking home the Silver or Bronze.

I can't believe people are runnin' up in here with this madness. :man10:


***ahem***


And, your point is?

I had that opinion, and I don´t think it is disrespectful in anyway with your team. Team USA is better than I thought the same way Spanish is better than most of you thought. And that last sentence was a joke, quoting that famous Kobe conference, and with a smiley in it.

So if you think that I deserve being treated rudely because of that post maybe I should think of moving to lakernations.com or to wherever people could take it easier.


1.) Read the entire post...I said I wasn't referring to you directly. I wanted to post the entire context of that discussion because a few of your Spanish brethren started talking . But you seem to be offended for some reason. I'm still waiting for those two guys who found it convenient to talk stuff when no one here provoked it.

2.) I wasn't quoting anything Kobe said. (As far as I know).

3.) No need to get uptight and threaten to leave for Lakersnation.


1)Sorry if I have missunderstood you. I thought that you were quoting it because of my post. My bad.
And about the other spanish posters, I have already stated that some of them embarrass me. What else do you want me to do?

2) The Kobe quote thing was in my post, not in yours. It´s the same mistake of point one: I thought you were quoting me.

3) First, I don´t considere my departure such a loss to the forum so I don´t think you can call it a threat.
Second, maybe you can re-read the entire thread and try to put yourself in my shoes. Try to imagine yourself going to congratulate some celtics fans and being insulted. It makes you think if you want to share your time with these people, that´s all. And it´s not only me, that I can tell you.

And last, I have the impression that instead of reading the name of the posters, some of you are reading the country of procedence, and treating the same way the trolls and the legit posters. I don´t think it´s fair. That´s why I´m so angry, or as you want to say it, that´s why I seem to look offended for some unknown reason.
A. Benbow

 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Arrigorriaga

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:05 am

LOL!!! I had no idea there was this much controversy....i thought the game was called just fine....its obvious that Team USA was better....take the loss and go home....
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby Legendary on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:06 am

A. Benbow wrote:
Legendary wrote:
A. Benbow wrote:
Legendary wrote:
Legendary wrote:
A. Benbow wrote:
Legendary wrote:
jonelo wrote:
Legendary wrote:Just make sure you come back here during the medal ceremony.....when we're collecting the gold.


You can see on Youtube that happened the last time that Spain team expect U.S.A team in a final . I wish U.S.A. team there instead of the 300 Spartans , I wish see two USA - Spain and a final USA - Spain . The end is far , both teams have a difficult road there . Enjoy you the games day to day , without many dreams because sometimes the dreams can converted in nightmares for any team.


Yeah, well that was then..this is now...a completely different U.S. team. There's no need to go research previous games.

I just hope some of these people who have the audacity to make snide comments over a meaningless exhibition game come back when they see this team determined and ready to do what needs to be done.

That's all I ask.

Kobe will not be denied twice. He already was denied an NBA championship, and I'm sure he'll be damned if he is embarrassed by being denied a gold medal in these Olympics. With that alone, I'm confident that he will lead this team, and get the job done.

But I'll withhold my arrogance. You're right, there's no telling what could happen. But I didn't go over to the Spanish board talking crap (I'm not referring to you, but the other guy who came in here talking about this game).

We'll see what happens, and I hope he shows up with the same exuberance and glee.


Luckily the team USA knows better than you. It´s a good thing yo go and research previous games because there you can find some useful information. There´s more to learn in that game against Greece than in this last one againts Australia.

This team is just slightly better than the 06 one. That team could have get it done, and this team can loose, because in the final rounds anyone can loose a match. This is not a seven games series. You have to be undefeated in the final rounds. And thats not so easy. You´ve got to have a litle bit of luck.

So don´t count just on these exhibition games to be so optimistic because the 06 squad was also crushing everybody through his way to the semifinals. This squad will probably do the same. Then the real tournament will start. Hope to see you there and hope we´ll have an olympic champion in the Lakers next year (aint gonna be Kobe, homie :man12: )


I said we won't see what this U.S. team can do until the games actually count. Why would I be optimistic about a poor performance against Australia? I can only hope your Spanish team thinks the same way you do and underestimates us based off this one game.

And if you believe this team is only slightly better than 06, you sir are in for a rude awakening. All of our younger guys have improved, and a man on a mission by the name of Kobe is on the squad. That alone is enough to put this team more than a few notches above the 06 team.

If anyone, it's you who is the delusional one. Especially if you think this squad has shown all that they can do.

I'll just add your name to the list of people I want to see back in here when the medal ceremony rolls around and Spain is taking home the Silver or Bronze.

I can't believe people are runnin' up in here with this madness. :man10:


***ahem***


And, your point is?

I had that opinion, and I don´t think it is disrespectful in anyway with your team. Team USA is better than I thought the same way Spanish is better than most of you thought. And that last sentence was a joke, quoting that famous Kobe conference, and with a smiley in it.

So if you think that I deserve being treated rudely because of that post maybe I should think of moving to lakernations.com or to wherever people could take it easier.


1.) You seem to be offended for some reason. I'm still waiting for those guys who found it convenient to talk stuff when no one here provoked this, to show up now.
2.) No need to get uptight and threaten to leave for Lakersnation. In the end, I hope we're all Laker fans.
3.) Team U.S.A. did all the necessary talking , so I'll leave it at that. Just remember to keep those happy presumptions in check next time.


1)Sorry if I have missunderstood you. I thought that you were quoting it because of my post. My bad.
And about the other spanish posters, I have already stated that some of them embarrass me. What else do you want me to do?

2) The Kobe quote thing was in my post, not in yours. It´s the same mistake of point one: I thought you were quoting me.

3) First, I don´t considere my departure such a loss to the forum so I don´t think you can call it a threat.
Second, maybe you can re-read the entire thread and try to put yourself in my shoes. Try to imagine yourself going to congratulate some celtics fans and being insulted. It makes you think if you want to share your time with these people, that´s all. And it´s not only me, that I can tell you.

And last, I have the impression that instead of reading the name of the posters, some of you are reading the country of procedence, and treating the same way the trolls and the legit posters. I don´t think it´s fair. That´s why I´m so angry, or as you want to say it, that´s why I seem to look offended for some unknown reason.


Late adjustment in our posts. Sorry bro...I actually WAS referring to you, And I WAS quoting your post. Read above for my response.

But I still don't think you need to leave for Lakersnation.

I'm just making sure those who make absurd comments can back them up.

I understand your anger. At least you came back here to stand up for your team's effort.

Don't take it personally.
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Postby brumac84 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:21 am

Missed the game. Will there be a rerun?
Image
brumac84

 
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:10 pm
Location: South Bay Area

Postby OC Lakerfan on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:32 am

Kobe and Lebron were BOTH in foul trouble first. Hardly biased towards USA.
"If I was Kobe," AI continues, "I'd have begged Shaq to come back, and if I was Shaq, I would've begged Kobe to come back. Ego ain't going to get you nothin' except an early exit."
User avatar
OC Lakerfan

 
Posts: 3159
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:57 pm

Postby artuditu on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:38 am

Congratulations to Team USA.

That's all I wanted, now you can say that gold medal tastes good, because you had to fight to get it, I'm glad it was Spain who made you fight hard for it.
User avatar
artuditu

 
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:51 am

Postby Vimes on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:46 am

bystander wrote:spanish players comments, now you can bash the players rather than the fans,

felipe reyes, ' with other refs we could have won. If the refs would made FIBA calls we could have won but we are proud of the silver medal'

jose calderon, ' im not surprise with the refs, its always the same when a team faces US'

marc gasol ' they were [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] their pants, and if they don't admit it they are lying, we were so close'

rudy fernandez ' if the refs wouls call the traveling we could have won'


This comments has just came in, it's not the fans who don't know to lose, the players thinks the same

links, in spanish, you can use goolge translator

http://jjoo.marca.com/2008/2008/08/24/b ... 75582.html
http://jjoo.marca.com/2008/2008/08/24/b ... 76935.html
http://jjoo.marca.com/2008/2008/08/24/b ... 77961.html

Please, never use Marca as a source for news.
I heard the real answers they players gave and they have all been substantially manipulated. For a start Felipe Reyes said "if it were not for the referees we might have won" and not "we would have won", and it is more or less the same for all of them. NONE of the Spanish players disrespected the US team, they all have been saying all along that you are the best team in the world, but that the distances are getting shorter and now it may be possible for us to win. Everyone over the age of 14 in Spain knows that we can beat the US, but it's not gonna happen always, not even often.
Jose Calderón answered about the refs when he was asked about the travelling of US players (with the obvious intention of making him criticise the refs) and he tried to be as diplomatic as possible by saying that the rules are not the same. His answer was "it's not travelling on the NBA".
Now, bash all you want, but get your facts straight first.
I really don't get it, we saw a fantastic game, arguably the best international game ever, and you just want to shout at each other. Man , enjoy the game, you got gold, we got silver, we are the bloody best two teams in the world and Lakers have got both MVPs to rule the league!
Vimes

 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:59 am
Location: Cáceres (Spain)

Postby strikemode14 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:51 am

Didn't stay up for this but must say for a 40 min game a 118-107 pts is insane.

Glad the gold is back in the u.s :jam2: :jam2:
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou


]
User avatar
strikemode14
Forum Manager
 
Posts: 22101
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:04 pm
Location: savannah

Postby Flexor on Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:18 am

I don't give a shxxt about the refs. We lost the game fair and square, it is sport. I enjoyed the fight. When Jimenez missed the 3pt shoot in the 4th I knew it was over, but I knew that it was the right time to do it.

I will remember that my team was 2pts down in the forth and that anything could have happened by that time. Both teams played their absolute best, and it was a very even game. That is more than enough for me, there will be more games to challenge each other. :boxing1: :man10:

Future Lakers 2009 NBA Champions!!!!!!
Image
User avatar
Flexor

 
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 10:06 pm
Location: Spain

Postby bumrusherer on Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:20 am

Image

When it comes to silly fans...thats the picture that tells a million words.


Its amazing how many people wanted a great Kobe performance but failed to remember that he only saves them for the big occasion.
2 point game and he just took it to a TOP 5 OF ALL TIME LEVEL!!!
bumrusherer

 
Posts: 9864
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:26 am
Location: Neverland

Postby Orphebus on Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:31 am

Most Spanish fans are not this way. We just enjoyed a good game and we are proud of a spanish team that was able to provide some serious opposition against a blatantly superior team that stormed all their rivals all along the competition. I personally find quite lousy to spam the forums of the rival fans trying to spoil their well deserved fun.

It's true that the game was not well officiated. Most of you are not used to the FIBA rules. For example, they manage contacts in a different way (that's the reason some USA fans see some charge calls as unfair) and with FIBA rules you must throw the ball to the floor before you take the first step to avoid a travelling violation. If you have played basketball, you'll know that doing this will allow you to play faster and to beat your defender more easily. So, being very strict, the USA team commit a traveling violation every other play :P

But it's also true that american players are not used to these rules and it does not make sense to be strict with the calls, so I call it a fair game :)

USA overwhelmed every opponent they met and they deserve 100% their gold medal. Congrats to all USA fans :bow:

BTW, I listened to all the post game interviews and none of the Spanish players said that (except Rudy Fernandez after being asked about the traveling issue). MARCA is a very sensationalist newspaper and nobody in Spain take it seriously :man13:
Orphebus

 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:56 pm

Postby KB24 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:19 am

I see a lot of extremely IMMATURE responses in this thread...

from both spanish and US fans...and all I gotta say is grow up.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby jimbo327 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:56 am

I have a question about FIBA rules, are moving screens allowed in the rules? Almost every team USA played, I saw a lot of moving screens being set, basically they set a screen that wasn't perfectly still. They all kind of lean in, give a pop, and start rolling to the basket. In NBA rules, that would not be allowed to lean in and give a pop with the shoulder.
User avatar
jimbo327

 
Posts: 14917
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:56 pm
Location: Where Else?

Postby QueenB on Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:56 am

two0one7 wrote:I have no idea now Navarro keeps getting in the lane. CP3 needs to keep him out of there.


Wasn't CP3 mainly on Rubio? Those moving screens that they don't call in international b-ball is what kept freeing Navarro up to get into the lane.
QueenB

 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 3:28 pm

Postby halekulani on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:13 am

Barnstable wrote:
bystander wrote:Image

ok, ok, you won, we loose.


So you're showing us how the Spanish player should have been called for an offensive foul for using his off hand to push Howards arms out of the way right?


oh come on
dwight got dunked on fair and square
they wouldn't call that an offensive foul.
User avatar
halekulani

 
Posts: 8787
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:35 pm

Postby LakerEricR on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:19 am

Congrats to Team USA.
CL's resident Carolina Panther fan
Zune & Xbox Live ID:SBDuckfan

Image
User avatar
LakerEricR

 
Posts: 575
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Postby halekulani on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:50 am

E.T Gasol wrote:haahha, American arrogance has no limits. you are still proud of winning against spain and suffer much controversy in decisions: faults, traveling, techniques ... There does not surprise the hated of the rest of selections towards U.S.A..


rofl
illegal screens
push in the back
shoves that belong in football not basketball
elbows

vs the only criticism against the US - traveling?
User avatar
halekulani

 
Posts: 8787
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:35 pm

Postby z32 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:51 am

Ok yea.....so I missed this game.....anyone know if there's going to be a replay of it?
User avatar
z32

 
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:20 pm
Location: Santa Clarita

Postby Radner on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:59 am

bystander wrote:Image

ok, ok, you won, we loose.


All I can say about the picture is that Fernandez is going to be a special player in the NBA.

I just can't believe he's a Blazer though.
Last edited by Radner on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radner

 
Posts: 14094
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:53 am

PreviousNext

Return to Team USA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.