Hibachi Wants to Come Play

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:24 am

Weezy wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Jesus.

ANY basketball team on the planet should take a Gilbert Arenas.

agreed....while they don´t need him I can´t believe anyone would take a scrub like Mike Miller over him...

Gotta have role players, too many stars and there aren't enough basketballs. Gil is a chucker and Miller is a shooter. Everything Gil does is about Gil, don't need him on the team.

Of course the team needs role players, but people here are basically saying Gilbert shouldn't even be on the team.

He can backup Kobe ANY time he wants to.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby THE_DAGGER on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:32 pm

Looks like Gilbert had a chance to play with the USA team...the USA under 21 team that is. :mhihi:

He talks about the Men's team as well. He still seems a little bitter from being cut last year. :man10:

http://www.nba.com/blog/gilbert_arenas.html

Looking Like Chucky Atkins
I ran up and down for the first time with the USA Under-21 Team. I don’t know what to call that team actually, they don’t look like they’re under 21. I’ll just call them the USA College Team.

They were down in D.C. at the Verizon Center so I played with them. I hit a couple buckets, you know, but that’s all I can say. I couldn’t jump and stuff them, I was looking like I was Chucky Atkins out there around the rim. The stroke was there, but I was looking like Chucky on the vert.

They were just playing hard, that’s what I expected. That’s why I wanted to play. I went out there to sweat it out for the first time and try to get my leg underneath me and see how much I’m favoring it. I would have gone out to Vegas, but those boys have been working out the whole summer. I didn’t want to get cut again before I even got started.

I heard that Mike Bibby is hosting a 1997 championship reunion at Arizona and I’m supposedly going to be there. Why am I going to be there? I didn’t win a championship. We lost to DUKE! The man I lost to in the championship is the man who cut me from Team USA. He cut me like Arizona beat Duke and he wanted payback. I think that’s the hardest part. I was thinking because they won that he was going to help me on the team, you know, maybe he’d feel sorry for me.

But, I’m over it. You know, Team USA should do well this year. I was looking at the roster and they’re finally putting a roster together that looks like it can compete -- they got shooters, they got all around players. I don’t know about some of the players, I’m not sure if they’re really USA Basketball material, but at the end of the day if they pick it, they pick it. It needs to be a versatile roster in the end.
THE_DAGGER

Location: Pittsburg, CA (yes, without the "h" and yes, in CA)

Postby High IQ on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:44 am

^ I loled at the Chucky Atkins part :man10:
High IQ

Postby ladam24 on Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:32 am

TooSexyForMyShirt wrote:Some of the things these clueless fans say apply to Kobe also.

Gilbert would be the best player for USA after Melo and Kobe.

The guy can flat out shoot.

Yes he can, at times.

He's pretty inconsistent and, to put it simply, has a chucker mentality.

Sure, I think he should try out, but it wouldn't really improve us that much if he did or didn't.
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby scheven on Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:20 am

there's not enough balls for Kobe and Arenas.
scheven

Postby comebackobe8 on Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:53 am

We need Ray Allen more than we need Arenas, and they'res NO WAY Ray Allen is playing for USA. SO gil, goodbye friend. We DON'T need YOU.

PLEASE take him off of the unavailable list!
IF ANYONE HAS ANY GAMES FROM THE 2004 WCF GAME 1-5, PM ME

"I don't know how he does it, man. It's like he has no conscience. I don't know how we're gonna stop him. I might have to get on him, who knows. But he's one hell of a player"

Kevin Garnett on Kobe Bryant after Games 1 and 2 of 2003 1st round
comebackobe8

Previous

Return to Team USA