Hibachi Wants to Come Play

Hibachi Wants to Come Play

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:42 pm

Team USA Plans
You know what, I’m still debating it. Since my leg is healthier than I thought it would be at this time, I might just go out there. I might call Jerry Colangelo and see if I can just go out there and train with them. Or if not that, I’ll just stay and work on my health.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Chicano on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:47 pm

He's jealous of Kobe.
Chicano

Postby Tragic on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:48 pm

Chicano wrote:He's jealous of Kobe.
Tragic

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:26 pm

I say no chance in hell they should let him in a USA Jersey. I was fine with him being upset about being left off the team. Hell, I liked his passion and thought he should have been out there but not after his antics afterwards. He doesn't want to play for the USA because its represents his country he wants to do it because he wants people to think he is the best. He all but proved it by his personal assault on all the US coaches. Sorry Gil but if it was up to me (and it isn't) you would be staying home.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Propulsion on Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:31 pm

I believe Gilbert's shooting would have won us the gold last year.
Propulsion

Postby solenstyle on Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:37 pm

propulsiondj wrote:I believe Gilbert's shooting would have won us the gold last year.

are you serious?? He shoots horrible... he just chucks a lot of shots to get points. He's shooting 41.8%...35% 3pts that's not efficient.

I say no to Gilbert.
solenstyle

Postby Weezy on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:08 pm

I don't think the team needs him. He usualy sucks in all-star games and when he's not hot he doesn't stop shooting. Gilbert Arenas = Michael Redd, don't need 'em both, don't really need another chucker with no d.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Propulsion on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:09 pm

solenstyle wrote:
propulsiondj wrote:I believe Gilbert's shooting would have won us the gold last year.

are you serious?? He shoots horrible... he just chucks a lot of shots to get points. He's shooting 41.8%...35% 3pts that's not efficient.

I say no to Gilbert.

Here we go ... Mr. John Hollinger back at it again
Propulsion

Postby BDG on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:41 pm

Weezy wrote:I don't think the team needs him.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby solenstyle on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:50 pm

propulsiondj wrote:
solenstyle wrote:

I say no to Gilbert.

I'll gladly be Hollinger if I proved you wrong. Obviously he doesn't shoot efficiently, so no he wouldn't have helped. I provided facts, yet you insult me.

Everyone is agreeing with me... Gil doesn't shoot efficiently, when he's hot, it's all good, but when he isn't he just chucks up shots. USA doesn't need him.
solenstyle

Postby Propulsion on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:19 pm

solenstyle wrote:
propulsiondj wrote:
solenstyle wrote:

I say no to Gilbert.

I'll gladly be Hollinger if I proved you wrong. Obviously he doesn't shoot efficiently, so no he wouldn't have helped. I provided facts, yet you insult me.

Everyone is agreeing with me... Gil doesn't shoot efficiently, when he's hot, it's all good, but when he isn't he just chucks up shots. USA doesn't need him.

I haven't insulted you at all. It was more like a poke on facebook.

Gilbert's not an efficient player? Then explain to me Washington's playoff appearances the last couple of years. Also, explain to me how he efficiently scored 60 points against our team. In addition, explain how he efficiently averages close to 30 ppg throughout the season. Once again, Gil's a shooting guard - one of the most clutch players in the league. He's supposed to shoot - and he's quite good at it.
Propulsion

Postby solenstyle on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:33 pm

propulsiondj wrote:
solenstyle wrote:
propulsiondj wrote:
solenstyle wrote:

I say no to Gilbert.

I haven't insulted you at all. It was more like a poke on facebook.

Gilbert's not an efficient player? Then explain to me Washington's playoff appearances the last couple of years. Also, explain to me how he efficiently scored 60 points against our team. In addition, explain how he efficiently averages close to 30 ppg throughout the season. Once again, Gil's a shooting guard - one of the most clutch players in the league. He's supposed to shoot - and he's quite good at it.

I said he isn't an efficient scorer not player. He scored 60 points... so what? That's one game... he has great games, bad games... he's not consistent. His 41% tells me that. If you average 30 ppg on 46-50% shooting it means he's doing it the right way. If you average near 30 ppg shooting 41% it means he's chucking up shots. Anyone can score 30 ppg... all you have to do is keep chucking shots... but that's not being efficient and it's hindering your teams performance.
solenstyle

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:08 pm

Orlando Tragic wrote:
Chicano wrote:He's jealous of Kobe.
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby marioiscute on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:25 am

He would be unnecessary. We don't need a poor mans Kobe out there
marioiscute

Postby LUUUKE on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:52 am

His constant chucking of the ball would kill team chemistry. so NO.
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby ladam24 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:14 am

Gilbert's a chucker.
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby High IQ on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:18 am

damn, so much hate on Gil.
I'd love to see him play and be a part of National team. His charisma would bring joy of playing in other players :man11:
High IQ

Postby nameant on Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:37 am

Dont need you Gil. Sorry.
nameant

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:49 am

Jesus.

ANY basketball team on the planet should take a Gilbert Arenas.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:10 pm

Some of the things these clueless fans say apply to Kobe also.

Gilbert would be the best player for USA after Melo and Kobe.

The guy can flat out shoot.
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby KB24 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:38 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Jesus.

agreed....while they don´t need him I can´t believe anyone would take a scrub like Mike Miller over him...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby adobo24 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:46 pm

Team Gilbert
ImageImage
adobo24

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:47 pm

KB8@CL wrote:

agreed....while they don´t need him I can´t believe anyone would take a scrub like Mike Miller over him...

Gotta have role players, too many stars and there aren't enough basketballs. Gil is a chucker and Miller is a shooter. Everything Gil does is about Gil, don't need him on the team.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:21 am

Exactly Weezy.

It isn't that Gil isn't good enough to be on the team it is that the Team doesn't need Gil or his "all about me" attitude
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:24 am

Weezy wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

Gotta have role players, too many stars and there aren't enough basketballs. Gil is a chucker and Miller is a shooter. Everything Gil does is about Gil, don't need him on the team.

Of course the team needs role players, but people here are basically saying Gilbert shouldn't even be on the team.

He can backup Kobe ANY time he wants to.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Next

Return to Team USA