No Inside Game

No Inside Game

Postby killacam on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:46 pm

they should've left carmello off and added boozer cus our inside game is WEAK. the only points amare and dwight are gonna get are off dunks and we all kno wut tyson chandler can do on the offensive end....iono wut they were thinking except that maybe they were scared of wut carmello might say
User avatar
killacam

 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:02 am

Postby kroublees on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:55 pm

umm international ball is about outside game
"To me he is the best player in the world right now. That guy doesn't know fear at all. He doesn't care. He would have won it for the Americans single-handedly." Dirk Nowitzki on Kobe
User avatar
kroublees

 
Posts: 3115
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:47 pm
Location: L.A. the best

Postby MadMax on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:56 pm

International ball isn't really about who dominates the paint.

I think overall its much better to have carmello than boozer.
User avatar
MadMax

 
Posts: 13866
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: The Beach Cities

Postby killacam on Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:00 pm

carmello is jus kobe but not as good. we dont need another guy on the team who wants to shoot 20+ times....and duncan was effective the last couple of years for the US so i dont see why youd think we dont need an inside game
User avatar
killacam

 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:02 am

Postby Murdock on Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:46 am

killacam wrote:carmello is jus kobe but not as good. we dont need another guy on the team who wants to shoot 20+ times....and duncan was effective the last couple of years for the US so i dont see why youd think we dont need an inside game
No Duncan was pretty ineffective ... with all his traveling ... and Amare and Howard will have the same problem ... international basketball is different .. especially because of the no defensive 3 seconds ... like someone above me said it is really about outside .. pure shooting wins
User avatar
Murdock

 
Posts: 1734
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:33 am

Postby hitokiriheero on Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:14 am

redd looks good coming in with the 2nd unit. he's the Kobe of the 2nd unit. he can score at will...

also why does carmelo get blocked so much?
hitokiriheero

 
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:54 am

Postby scottiep1013 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:36 pm

Murdock wrote:
killacam wrote:carmello is jus kobe but not as good. we dont need another guy on the team who wants to shoot 20+ times....and duncan was effective the last couple of years for the US so i dont see why youd think we dont need an inside game
No Duncan was pretty ineffective ... with all his traveling ... and Amare and Howard will have the same problem ... international basketball is different .. especially because of the no defensive 3 seconds ... like someone above me said it is really about outside .. pure shooting wins


I agree. An inside game in international play isn't the key. It's really hard to make a post play when the opposing team is able to just pack the lane in with players.

And I think Carmello is doing a great job. Sure he got blocked, but he was in the right position to get a pass to do some damage inside. I think if he just finishes a little better then he can be scoring in the 30's.
Image
User avatar
scottiep1013

 
Posts: 2856
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:19 pm
Location: Glendale, CA

Postby png247 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:40 pm

melo should absolutely be on the team.
png247

 
Posts: 3235
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:51 am

Postby TXLAKERFAN on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:27 pm

lol at leaving Melo so we could have an inside prescense
<a><img></a>
Image
User avatar
TXLAKERFAN

 
Posts: 10760
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:20 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby MadMax on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:29 pm

TXLAKERFAN wrote:lol at leaving Melo so we could have an inside prescense


:man2:

You just beat me to it.
User avatar
MadMax

 
Posts: 13866
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: The Beach Cities

Postby karacha on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:42 pm

International basketball is more about outside shooting. And with Kobe, Redd, Miller, Billups - it looks much better than before.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37445
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Postby MadMax on Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:30 pm

karacha wrote:International basketball is more about outside shooting. And with Kobe, Redd, Miller, Billups - it looks much better than before.


Muuuuuch better. You can tell the difference already after one game.
User avatar
MadMax

 
Posts: 13866
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: The Beach Cities

Postby LAFan1188 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:32 pm

yea im sure nene and dalembert are really gonna pound us inside :thezen:
:L:F:F:L:
Laker Fan For Life, from '93 til Infinity
Bill Walton
"You look at Vladimir Radmanovic, this guy is cut from stone. As if Michelangelo was reading and a lightening bolt flashed before him."
User avatar
LAFan1188

 
Posts: 576
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: Chatsworth, CA

Postby killacam on Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:34 pm

u guys hav a point, u convinced me....but i jus cant help but think that we hav too many scorers on the team. too many guys who demand the ball in their hands to be effective

BTW, inside game is offense. i never said we were gonna hav problems stopping other big men
User avatar
killacam

 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:02 am

Postby lunatic4jc on Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:51 pm

i do think we should have boozer but not at the expense of melo.. i'd trade boozer for prince :man9:
User avatar
lunatic4jc

 
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:38 am
Location: lakertown 818 chyeah


Return to Team USA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.