Is KOBE da man........???

Postby killacam on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:21 am

KRC18 wrote:
killacam wrote:
KB24@CL wrote:no it wasn't sarcasm...he was great in the 4th...but in the first 3 quarters he didn't really come through.

But in the 4th he was awesome :bow:

James was garbage in the 4th

in james' defense, he took a step back because he knew kobe was the one who had to lead the team in the 4th. i thought that was pretty noble. shows that hes a true team player

LMAO at this.

lol no man im serious. james is used to taking the team onto his shoulders. he is as big a superstar as kobe (but kobes a notch higher). imagine if lebron got hot during the 4th quarter and kobe took a step back then haters started sayin kobe played like garbage when it counted...thats stupid. this only proves kobes greatness, it doesnt discredit lebron's
killacam

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:23 am

killacam wrote:
KRC18 wrote:
killacam wrote:
KB24@CL wrote:no it wasn't sarcasm...he was great in the 4th...but in the first 3 quarters he didn't really come through.

But in the 4th he was awesome :bow:

James was garbage in the 4th

in james' defense, he took a step back because he knew kobe was the one who had to lead the team in the 4th. i thought that was pretty noble. shows that hes a true team player

LMAO at this.

lol no man im serious. james is used to taking the team onto his shoulders. he is as big a superstar as kobe (but kobes a notch higher). imagine if lebron got hot during the 4th quarter and kobe took a step back then haters started sayin kobe played like garbage when it counted...thats stupid. this only proves kobes greatness, it doesnt discredit lebron's

I agree. I'm not on to call out players just because they're not doing what we see them do on their NBA team. This is team USA. Lebron played a vital role.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:26 am

Two players really need to be spotlighted in this game. Those two are Wade and Kobe. While Team USA played well against a very "game" Spanish team it was Wade who provided the punch in the 1st half and Kobe/Wade in the 4th who provided the daggers to put away the Spaniards.

I can't wait for all the BSPN writers to come out and say "We knew Kobe would be able to do it"
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby grego on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:28 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Two players really need to be spotlighted in this game. Those two are Wade and Kobe. While Team USA played well against a very "game" Spanish team it was Wade who provided the punch in the 1st half and Kobe/Wade in the 4th who provided the daggers to put away the Spaniards.

I can't wait for all the BSPN writers to come out and say "We knew Kobe would be able to do it"

Bosh also had a pretty good game and Prince played solid minutes during the key first half when Kobe and Lebron sat.
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:33 am

grego wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:Two players really need to be spotlighted in this game. Those two are Wade and Kobe. While Team USA played well against a very "game" Spanish team it was Wade who provided the punch in the 1st half and Kobe/Wade in the 4th who provided the daggers to put away the Spaniards.

Bosh also had a pretty good game and Prince played solid minutes during the key first half when Kobe and Lebron sat.

definately. I think Bosh was an unsung hero of Team USA trhoughout this tournament. Prince was very solid as was CP3 in this game. I think all in all the entire team stepped up and played through the pushing, shoving, flopping and interesting officiating.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Lakers Dynasty Reborn on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:42 am

Lakerzrevenge wrote:
Kit wrote:IMO Team US can win w/o Kobe anyway.

You mean like the bronze medal in 2004??

Maybe you could thank Kidd instead, or Paul, or Howard or D Williams? There were many different subs from that team in 04'.

For you guys to sit there and try to push the opinion that 'it was all about Kobe'. C'mon now, you're making Laker fan's lose credibility.
Lakers Dynasty Reborn

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:48 am

Lakers Dynasty Reborn wrote:
Lakerzrevenge wrote:

Maybe you could thank Kidd instead, or Paul, or Howard or D Williams? There were many different subs from that team in 04'.

For you guys to sit there and try to push the opinion that 'it was all about Kobe'. C'mon now, you're making Laker fan's lose credibility.

How so? Please explain that because I really want to know. You have been on the board for 5 minutes and we are losing credibility? Can you tell me which one of those you mentioned had a major effect on the game? As most Lakers fans (that have been here awhile) have said J Kidd is huge for this team because he brings the presence of a champion and he plays smart when needed. SO tell me which one of the Howard, Paul and Williams brought more to this team than Kobe?

Nevermind I know you can't so we can move on.
puffyusaf#2

Postby GinoDB on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:48 am

Charles Barkely : Shaq is rolling over in his grave :mhihi:

D.Wade and Kobe laughing and winning a gold while Shaq gets a restraining order :mhihi:
GinoDB

Postby Barnstable on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:52 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I can't wait for all the BSPN writers to come out and say "We knew Kobe would be able to do it"

You'll be disappointed when the headline reds "Wade puts team USA on his back"
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:55 am

Barnstable wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:I can't wait for all the BSPN writers to come out and say "We knew Kobe would be able to do it"

Actually not really becuase I do think Wade deserves a lot of credit. The guy has been superb this Olympics. He earned the love just not at Kobe's expense.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Lakers Dynasty Reborn on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:56 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Lakers Dynasty Reborn wrote:
Lakerzrevenge wrote:

How so? Please explain that because I really want to know. You have been on the board for 5 minutes and we are losing credibility? Can you tell me which one of those you mentioned had a major effect on the game? As most Lakers fans (that have been here awhile) have said J Kidd is huge for this team because he brings the presence of a champion and he plays smart when needed. SO tell me which one of the Howard, Paul and Williams brought more to this team than Kobe?

Nevermind I know you can't so we can move on.

...Haha, yeah you do that.
Paul has handled the ball and actually got TEAM USA offensively fluid. Howard towered over opponents in the middle and discouraged and altered shots all tournament long. Williams showed a talent that no other team in the tournament could match with his combination of *true PG awareness, offensive potential, size& strength-- regardless of what numbers he put up.

I never said any of those 4 "brought" more to this team than Kobe. - i'd like to think such a frivolous subject would be a non issue to a fan of the team. The fact is USA brought in all 5 of these players who each brought a unique, world class level talent to the TEAM. Now, how about we now move on since I know you have nothing more to add.
Lakers Dynasty Reborn

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:58 am

^ Comical at best but hey you keep up the good work.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Barnstable on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:00 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Barnstable wrote:

Actually not really becuase I do think Wade deserves a lot of credit. The guy has been superb this Olympics. He earned the love just not at Kobe's expense.

I call him OverWaded a lot, but not in these Olympics. On a team full of stars, he most definitely vied for the MVP.

But Kobe needs to get the credit for willing team USA to win this game. I hope all the sports journalists can put aside there hate to acknowledge this.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakers Dynasty Reborn on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:04 am

Barnstable wrote:
I call him OverWaded a lot, but not in these Olympics. On a team full of stars, he most definitely vied for the MVP.

But Kobe needs to get the credit for willing team USA to win this game. I hope all the sports journalists can put aside there hate to acknowledge this.

Kobe played a great game and that's fantastic. A majority of the team played well in full. --- I really don't see where you guys get off singling out Kobe here ..? Why not just enjoy the team performance and give props to the group as a whole?

Many of you guys singling out Kobe here is no worse than what you're accusing writers and other fans when they single out James or Wade. If you'd like to put an end to that nonsense, why not begin with yourselves?
Lakers Dynasty Reborn

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:04 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^ Comical at best but hey you keep up the good work.

Ignore it. Not worth the effort.
Last edited by Ras Algethi on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby RJ on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:05 am

As a response to the thread title:

Kobe is without a shadow of a doubt the mothaeffing MAN! :jam2: :bow:
[PSN ID: RJN]

{CLK} One team. One Clan.
RJ, No Scope, Nissan, CrazyLikeCatfish, LD2K, Helljumper, TXLAKERFAN
PM me to join.
RJ

Postby Kit on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:07 am

GinoDB wrote:Charles Barkely : Shaq is rolling over in his grave :mhihi:

D.Wade and Kobe laughing and winning a gold while Shaq gets a restraining order :mhihi:

I was laughing at shaq with my gf when I saw it too
Kit

Postby Kit on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:07 am

kray28 wrote:

PWNED.

yea big time :)
Kit

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:09 am

two0one7 wrote:

Ignore it. Just read his other posts. He has an agenda.

Yeah I assume so I mean he has Troll writen all over him.

1. Signed up recently (check)
2. innocently attacks the teams best player (check)
3. Hasn't shown a reason to even have joined the board within a few post (check)
4. Takes on long term posters as if he/she knows these peoples history (check)

Yup, all that is left is the "You guys are idiots that's why Kome will never win without Shaq" post.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Lakers Dynasty Reborn on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:40 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
two0one7 wrote:

Ignore it. Just read his other posts. He has an agenda.

Yeah I assume so I mean he has Troll writen all over him.

1. Signed up recently (check)
2. innocently attacks the teams best player (check)
3. Hasn't shown a reason to even have joined the board within a few post (check)
4. Takes on long term posters as if he/she knows these peoples history (check)

Yup, all that is left is the "You guys are idiots that's why Kome will never win without Shaq" post.

Who the hell is this guy?

1. Signed up recently- My fault for not making the ,000's team yet (I mean what am I doing? It's already been like 2 hrs and I'm not even close to 100; let alone the "fanboy" quota of 250). Give me a month or two, let me quit my job, get my mom to cheer me on by bringing down (to the basement/ ie-my room) treats and lemonade every hour, meet a girlfriend from Pakistan on yahoo chat to keep me company during the wee hours of the morning and i'll be right there with you man! :man13:

2. Innocently attacks the teams best player? Oh my fault, so If I object the invitation to the- "Kobe's [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] can never stink, let's get together & have a party about it !!' fest that means I am a troll?

3. Hasn't show a reason to have even joined the board? Oh sorry, once again- is that party mandatory to be on this board, or can I just be a fan of the Laker's/NBA and post comments as to my own prerogative? Is your 'Loves to accuse others of trolling in an sophmoric example of hypocrisy'- a good reason to have joined? Send me the checklist and I'll review my options and decide what the best choice would be.

4. Takes on long term posters as if he already knows them? - Like who? You? Yeah I know you.. you seem like the typical clown who treats the internet forum like he owes shares of it. The guy who gets a sense of pride like he is somebody, or as if he's actually contributed to the world cause he's posted 5,000 times on a team sports form. You commented on my post man. I still dont even know who they hell you're supposed to be here- am I supposed to pay you a stipend or some sort of fee (in compliments and obedience) as to you "allowing" me to join this Club Lakers forum?

-- Or is this how you guys work here--> the "MOB" is boss, and anything they say goes? So if you call me the Troll>> yet you're the one calling out other posters and makin snarky comments in their direction-- all that really matters is that the group is gonna side with you no matter what? No matter how obvious it was to see that you provoked me? I mean tell me how it is right now before I go any further.

________
Good job USA, Good job Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Paul- everybody. It was a gutsy performance by all, and I proud to have them represent my country.
Lakers Dynasty Reborn

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:56 am

dang, that was quite some post from the newcomer...

anyway, Kobe clearly willed Team USA to victory tonight...and i couldnt be happier...im all the way out in singapore and i was able to watch my favorite player take it to Spain and put Team USA on his BACK....i want to seee the haters now....

KOBE!
FabFourLakers

Postby Orphebus on Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:53 am

FabFourLakers wrote:dang, that was quite some post from the newcomer...

anyway, Kobe clearly willed Team USA to victory tonight...and i couldnt be happier...im all the way out in singapore and i was able to watch my favorite player take it to Spain and put Team USA on his BACK....i want to seee the haters now....

KOBE!

I can understand that Kobe haters existed in the past, when he had a jealous and star-like attitude, but he has been changing since then.

I've never been a big fan of Kobe myself (because of this reasons), but finally this season he has won me over. He has assumed his leadership role but he stills play for the team during the NBA season. During the olympics he has given up the leadership role willingly to focus in some other darker roles but he has still managed to be a key player for the team for those ones who know to see beyond statistics (and his numbers were not bad at all). And when his team needed him he was there for the clutch play. If you hate this kind of player, you are nuts :man13:

I don't know (and I don't care) if he's the best or not, but if I were asked to chose any player for my team, I think I would chose Kobe.
Orphebus

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:43 am

FabFourLakers wrote:dang, that was quite some post from the newcomer...

KOBE!

Yeah that response was wasn't it....... :man8:

It was nice to see the Kobe end the way we know he can. It is unfortunate that most of the writers are going to find away to take away from it though..
puffyusaf#2

Postby Goozer on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:49 am

Is KOBE da man........???

yessir.
Goozer

Postby lakerzkb8 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:39 pm

I actually agree. I can't believe some of these obnoxious posts by people who can't fathom the thought that USA is capable of winning without Kobe. Kobe definantly puts them over the top but to think that he's the sole reason they won the Gold and without him they would have done silver at best is pretty ridiculous. This team is stacked and way different from that 04 roster.

Take the Spain game for example. Kobe was a no show until the 4th quarter. Who gave the USA that lead to begin with? Dwade, Chris Paul, and Co. Kobe definantly made some clutch plays/shots, but hey other guys like Dwade ( that 3 point backbreaker, and 27 points throughout the contest to give USA a lead) WERE stepping up as well. It wasn't the Kobe show last night, it was TEAM USA playing well as a team.

Also, if you want to take a look at it on the flipside you can make the same argument for Lebron and Wade, and if they hadn't have been on the roster USA wouldn't have won Gold. They defiantly were more consistent and Wade's defense was just as good as Kobe's these last few games if not better.

Kobe defiantly is DA man, but so is everybody else on that roster. Don't discredit those other guys who stepped up just as much as he did during this Olympic run.

By the way, welcome to CL. I'll take a new poster who's willing to speak his mind and get into a debate over posters who abuse emotions, or band wagoners who log in to agree with what everyone else is saying.
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

PreviousNext

Return to Team USA