Is Kobe Playing for Team USA This Summer?

Postby grego on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:31 pm

hgo wrote:
grego wrote:
JKsnoots wrote:Is Duncan playing for the Virgin Islands?

Nope, he played for USA, and he is done now. As a fan, I'm glad because summer play is just too much especially if you play in the post season.

He could even dribble without traveling with the uS team :man10:
Fiba rules are just not for him but he did act like a child saying he was done with the US team...

The refs called him for some lame stuff. Refs made a lot of questionable stuff. But then when Duncan was hampered, it made it even tougher for the team. And then of course no one could hit a shot, so when teams play zone, and no one can bust it, they are going to swarm any post player.

BTW, Duncan played fine with the qualifying team the summer before.

He gave 2 straight summers. It takes a toll especially when you are trying for a championship deep into the summer already. There's a reason he's finally starting to get healthy (he was not healthy in 05, even when they won).

FIBA rules weren't for any of the team, especially that summer.
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby hgo on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:40 pm

grego wrote:
hgo wrote:
grego wrote:

Nope, he played for USA, and he is done now. As a fan, I'm glad because summer play is just too much especially if you play in the post season.

Fiba rules are just not for him but he did act like a child saying he was done with the US team...

The refs called him for some lame stuff. Refs made a lot of questionable stuff. But then when Duncan was hampered, it made it even tougher for the team. And then of course no one could hit a shot, so when teams play zone, and no one can bust it, they are going to swarm any post player.

He gave 2 straight summers. It takes a toll especially when you are trying for a championship deep into the summer already. There's a reason he's finally starting to get healthy (he was not healthy in 05, even when they won).

NBA rules are far diffrent from FIBA's rules..
I know this cause i'm an european player watching a lot af NBA
duncan did travel anytime he was going to the basket.. this very first step isn't allowed ..

I agree for defense zone, the USA team didn't and still doesn't know how to deal with and how to attack it.. It's weird becausethe 3 points line is way closer thant the NBA 3pts lines, but i guess it 's psychological for a player to shoot behind the line with the same release than behind an NBA line...

you need good slasher to attack a zone and create some movement and spaces and that's why KB24 is gonna be great with the team USA.
But above all, the US team needs to play unselfishly wich remains pretty hard for them

the LBJ/WAde/Melo team was a joke! we need some old cats such as Duncan and Kobe to run this
Clic on Hgo's eye to read about your Lakers in French
hgo

Postby Venti Quattro on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:41 pm

nameant wrote:I've seen numerous Kobe USA jerseys with the #10. For what it's worth.

That is because he was supposed to play last season until he was forced to withdraw due to his knee surgery. I believe jerseys that are made, but not sold since he was not on the team, were sent to the Philippines and donated to the under-privledged.
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby ballerxj on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:47 pm

Deucetre33 wrote:
ballerxj wrote:I hope he enjoys it because that will be the only time besides the all star game he wears a red jersey.

you wanna bet? im willing to bet that Kobe will be a bull next month

You still taking bets? I got you for $20 since I only gamble what i can afford to lose. What do you say?
ballerxj

Postby grego on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:49 pm

hgo wrote:
grego wrote:
hgo wrote:
grego wrote:

duncan did travel anytime he was going to the basket.. this very first step isn't allowed ..

I agree for defense zone, the USA team didn't and still doesn't know how to deal with and how to attack it.. It's weird becausethe 3 points line is way closer thant the NBA 3pts lines, but i guess it 's psychological for a player to shoot behind the line with the same release than behind an NBA line...

you need good slasher to attack a zone and create some movement and spaces and that's why KB24 is gonna be great with the team USA.
But above all, the US team needs to play unselfishly wich remains pretty hard for them

the LBJ/WAde/Melo team was a joke! we need some old cats such as Duncan and Kobe to run this

Well Duncan would have been greatful if Kobe was there that year. He def needed someone who could keep the zones from collapsing on Duncan. Duncan got a lot of contact as well. I remember Argentina was very physical with him.

Duncan did fine in the primaries with Fiba rules as well. Not until the actual Olympics came that one year, did he have issues. But then that was just a mess. Michael Redd should have been asked. Brad Miller (back then should have been too).
grego

Postby plkl on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:53 pm

wopow!
plkl

Postby hgo on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:54 pm

grego wrote:
hgo wrote:
grego wrote:
hgo wrote:
grego wrote:

Well Duncan would have been greatful if Kobe was there that year. He def needed someone who could keep the zones from collapsing on Duncan. Duncan got a lot of contact as well. I remember Argentina was very physical with him.

Duncan did fine in the primaries with Fiba rules as well. Not until the actual Olympics came that one year, did he have issues. But then that was just a mess. Michael Redd should have been asked. Brad Miller (back then should have been too).

you're right

it's the real first shoot for kobe to join the team
the mariage/the colorado/injuries had the best of him
I just regret duncan wanted out even if i'm down with you because i fear for Kobe this summer..
Clic on Hgo's eye to read about your Lakers in French
hgo

Postby Deucetre33 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:57 pm

ballerxj wrote:
Deucetre33 wrote:
ballerxj wrote:I hope he enjoys it because that will be the only time besides the all star game he wears a red jersey.

You still taking bets? I got you for $20 since I only gamble what i can afford to lose. What do you say?

If you have paypal, sure. My thing is this, If nothing big is done(which is damn well unlikely) Kobe will never play in a Laker uniform again. But if something did get done(something like KG) then its good for all.. I don't mind giving up 120$ for that. But from what I've heard, Kobe will be traded "Very" soon despite what people on this message board may think. So get ya Bulls jerseys fellaz
Deucetre33

Postby ballerxj on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:06 pm

Deucetre33, I do have paypal. If the lakers trade Kobe its because they still cant get players around him that can win now like KG or JO. If thats the case, the Lakers deserve to lose because if they cant build around the best player in the NBA, they shouldn't be allowed to win a game which they just might do if they trade him.
ballerxj

Postby Showtime is Magic on Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:16 pm

Yes hes playing and were qualifying and were winning next year
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby kobe35ppg on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:08 pm

grego wrote:Ouch, summer play + near 40 MPG with little help. I feel for Kobe. he's asking for a nagging injury throughout the season.

with little help?! are you kidding me?!!! i think lebron, dwayne, carmello are the best backup any player can have. and if kobe dont like it, he can demand a trade from team usa to team argentina or something :man10:
Pau- Gasoft NO MORE
Kobe- Shaq WHO?
PJAX- "I'll smoke a cigar for Red tonight"
kobe35ppg

Postby OC Lakerfan on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:16 pm

Deucetre33 wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Deucetre33 wrote:

I'll take that bet. Loser pays $100.00 US Dollars via paypal. Deal?

deal

Okay, to clarify so we don't have any technicalities.

Kobe must be a CHICAGO BULL, not just wear a Bull Jersey, like a MJ Jersey for some reason by August 1, 2007. If he gets traded to any other team or is still on the Lakers, you will paypal me $100.00 US Dollars.
"If I was Kobe," AI continues, "I'd have begged Shaq to come back, and if I was Shaq, I would've begged Kobe to come back. Ego ain't going to get you nothin' except an early exit."
OC Lakerfan

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:29 pm

Anyone wanna bet $100 that the loser of their bet won't pay?
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Postby gdchild on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:35 pm

TooSexyForMyShirt wrote:Anyone wanna bet $100 that the loser of their bet won't pay?

:man1:
gdchild

Postby Deucetre33 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:43 pm

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Deucetre33 wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Deucetre33 wrote:

deal

Kobe must be a CHICAGO BULL, not just wear a Bull Jersey, like a MJ Jersey for some reason by August 1, 2007. If he gets traded to any other team or is still on the Lakers, you will paypal me $100.00 US Dollars.

I said be a bull by next month, meaning anytime from now until august 31st. If thats the terms then deal.
Deucetre33

Postby grego on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:44 pm

kobe35ppg wrote:
grego wrote:Ouch, summer play + near 40 MPG with little help. I feel for Kobe. he's asking for a nagging injury throughout the season.

with little help?! are you kidding me?!!! i think lebron, dwayne, carmello are the best backup any player can have. and if kobe dont like it, he can demand a trade from team usa to team argentina or something :man10:

I meant with the Lakers. He wouldn't likely play 40mpg on the USA team. I'd hope not.
grego

Postby Jordan-esque on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:48 pm

jbiggs wrote:
TooSexyForMyShirt wrote:So long... :man6:

thats what she said :man13:

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

Good one!

Every Steve Carrel / The Office fans are laughing with you on this one!

:man10:

Btw, isn't Odom playing too or is he sitting this one out?
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:50 pm

i just heard kobe demanded a trade from team usa to team italy.
apparently he feels like team usa isn't committed to winning the gold.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby OC Lakerfan on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:52 am

Deucetre33 wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Deucetre33 wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Deucetre33 wrote:

deal

I said be a bull by next month, meaning anytime from now until august 31st. If thats the terms then deal.

Deal.
"If I was Kobe," AI continues, "I'd have begged Shaq to come back, and if I was Shaq, I would've begged Kobe to come back. Ego ain't going to get you nothin' except an early exit."
OC Lakerfan

Postby JJigga3000 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:07 am

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Deucetre33 wrote:

I'm with you Kobe is staying, All though I want him to leave, nobody will take him, Especially the bulls, They'll become the team we are. Not to mention they'll only have two years to turn around then he'll opt out. and wanna come back to the Lakers.
JJigga3000

Postby Tragic on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:14 am

lmfao @ the guy who bet 100 bucks that kobe is going to be a bull. you better just go head and deduct a 100 dollars from your paypall account right now home boy

let me spell it out for you

minus 100
negative 100 dollars
take away 100 dollars
subtract 100 dollars
remove 100 dollars

get the point?
Tragic

Postby Fly Like A Mosquito Bite on Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:29 am

Orlando Tragic wrote:lmfao @ the guy who bet 100 bucks that kobe is going to be a bull. you better just go head and deduct a 100 dollars from your paypall account right now home boy

let me spell it out for you

minus 100
negative 100 dollars
take away 100 dollars
subtract 100 dollars
remove 100 dollars

get the point?

Its not funny unless you let him respond first. :disagree:
Fly Like A Mosquito Bite

Previous

Return to Team USA