Kobe: "Team USA Needs Better Chemistry"

Kobe: "Team USA Needs Better Chemistry"

Postby Shadow on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:01 am

TAIPEI, Taiwan -- The U.S. basketball team will have to work on its internal chemistry if it wants to perform well at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, Kobe Bryant said Thursday.

The Los Angeles Lakers' All-Star guard was visiting Taiwan on a five-leg tour of Asia to meet with fans.

Last Sunday, the U.S. players returned home from the world championship in Japan with bronze medals -- just like the country won at the 2004 Olympics.

Both results were widely seen as disappointments.

Bryant, 27, told a news conference in Taipei that a newly assembled team always needed some time together before starting to play with consistency.

"Years playing together will jell us as a unit, [but] if there is no chemistry, it's going to be tough to beat all those talented teams," he said.

Bryant said he was confident the two years up to the Beijing Olympics would be enough to find that chemistry.

Bryant's tour took him to Japan and Hong Kong. On Friday, the basketball star was scheduled to leave Taiwan for South Korea. He will also visit China.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/wbc2006/n ... id=2577315

note: I dont know if this has been posted, but if it has, please lock..
Shadow

Postby Satan on Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:32 am

Don't they have editors or dictionaries at espn? It's gel, not jell.

Can't wait to see Kobe with that team in action.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Are you jellin'?

Postby gcclaker on Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:38 am

Satan wrote:Don't they have editors or dictionaries at espn? It's gel, not jell.

I doesn't look like they use spell check or grammar check either. Team USA needs shooters. Agreed that Kobe would fit in well.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby ladam24 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:03 pm

Satan wrote:

:jam2: Me too, lets see how much of a difference he will make.
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby kwamemvp on Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:11 pm

Team USA need Kobe, that's it
My top 5

Kobe
Wade
Nash
Bron
Duncan
kwamemvp

Postby G on Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:16 pm

Around The Horn bashes Kobe

I'm boycotting ATH.

:disagree: :mad1:
G

Postby kwamemvp on Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:16 pm

OMG they ripped Kobe in "Around the horn"
My top 5

Kobe
Wade
Nash
Bron
Duncan
kwamemvp

Postby LUUUKE on Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:21 pm

this is gonna be another title for another article

"Kobe critisizes Team USA for not working together"
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby kobethetruemvp on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:22 pm

Ath i just seen it the ripped him
kobethetruemvp

Postby DiehardLakerFan on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:28 pm

Kobe on Team USA will be great - besides lighting it up offensively Kobe will help USA a lot on defense, in perimeter defense and defending off the screen. Those were issues for the team, and I think Kobe can contribute greatly
ImageImage
DiehardLakerFan

Postby Perfecto on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:33 pm

man, kobe haters even bill

thy all agreed that kobe shouldnt be the one saying that because hes a ballhog and has no chemistry with his team :disagree:
Perfecto

Postby Triumph Jelani on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:35 pm

kobe & chemistry in the same sentence!! now, that's a novelty
Triumph Jelani

Kobe and his chemistry set...

Postby gcclaker on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:41 pm

LUUUKE wrote:this is gonna be another title for another article

"Kobe critisizes Team USA for not working together"

You know what gang? When I read that statement, I could see that coming from a mile away. Well, not a mile away but conservatively speaking...a solar system away and blindfolded too! As written already, ATH have been ripping on him already. The cat is just a magnet for bad stuff. How sad... It's expected and not surprising. Just smile and shake your heads.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby westcoast21 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:43 pm

the host read a quote from kobe about "what this team needs" and he said that "the team needs more chemistry and that by 08 they will have it".

jay marriotti-" who is kobe bryant to talk about chemistry, mr ballhog himself.

woody paige- he is not qualified to talk about chemistry when he didn't have chemistry on his own team

bill plascki- even when kobe tries to do something right, he say's something stupid like this.

jackie mcmullin- kobe should be the last person to talk about chemistry. if he was so worried about chemistry he should have been with the team at practices and stayed with them.

and when the host asked " what did kobe say that was so wrong, ech and every one of you said the excact same thing last week"

and they all said that he was not qualified to say that, they were.

:disagree: :disagree: :disagree:
westcoast21

Postby Perfecto on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:47 pm

WestCoast21 wrote:the host read a quote from kobe about "what this team needs" and he said that "the team needs more chemistry and that by 08 they will have it".

jay marriotti-" who is kobe bryant to talk about chemistry, mr ballhog himself.

woody paige- he is not qualified to talk about chemistry when he didn't have chemistry on his own team

bill plascki- even when kobe tries to do something right, he say's something stupid like this.

jackie mcmullin- kobe should be the last person to talk about chemistry. if he was so worried about chemistry he should have been with the team at practices and stayed with them.

and when the host asked " what did kobe say that was so wrong, ech and every one of you said the excact same thing last week"

:disagree: :disagree: :disagree:
Perfecto

Kobe and chemistry professors...

Postby gcclaker on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:47 pm

WestCoast21 wrote:and when the host asked " what did kobe say that was so wrong, ech and every one of you said the excact same thing last week"and they all said that he was not qualified to say that, they were

Well...it looks like Colangelo found the remaining spots for Team USA 2008! I do hope they can defend the screen and roll as well as box out on the boards.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Satan on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:47 pm

WestCoast21 wrote:and when the host asked " what did kobe say that was so wrong, ech and every one of you said the excact same thing last week"

They're quite modest too! Armchair quarterbacks.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:05 pm

im calling ESPN right now....that was just RIDICULOUS what they said about Kobe....now watch when team USA wins the gold in 08 with Kobe as their leader...they will all change their minds "oh Kobe brought great team chemistry" blah blah blah....stupid f'n haters...flip floppin like crazy
FabFourLakers

Postby kwamemvp on Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:09 pm

^^ OMG
My top 5

Kobe
Wade
Nash
Bron
Duncan
kwamemvp

Your 2008 Team USA starting four and...!?

Postby gcclaker on Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:12 pm

PG - Jay Marriotti-who is kobe bryant to talk about chemistry, mr ballhog himself.

SG - Woody Paige-he is not qualified to talk about chemistry when he didn't have chemistry on his own team

SF - Bill Plaschke-even when kobe tries to do something right, he say's something stupid like this.

PF - Jackie McMullin-kobe should be the last person to talk about chemistry. if he was so worried about chemistry he should have been with the team at practices and stayed with them.

Obviously these guys have THE CHEMISTRY among their pens and pocket protectors. We need another journalist to play the middle who will shut down the key with his big trap. Anyone have someone in mind? Bill Simmons? Oh yes...they need a coach too! Kobe will just have to come off the bench if they are down by 18 late in the third to Senegal and score 81 in the fourth alone to bail them out.

:mhihi:
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby hoopschick03 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:18 pm

The level and depth of malice is just so uncalled for it's not even funny.

And just for the record...on Kobe's worst day as a teammate he's more qualified to talk about team chemistry than any of those armchair hobos on their best day.
hoopschick03

Postby nameant on Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:21 pm

honestly. who gives a fudgesickle? we're surprised they bash Kobe? hell it's a sportswriters job nowadays to hate and bash Kobe. who cares. they're a bunch of losers. I dont think any of these sportswriters ever picked up any kind of ball in their life. they know nothing about sports. you know if Kobe was a guest on that show (if they had guests) each and every1 of them would be on his jock. just like when Kobe was a guest (via television interview) on NBA fastbreak they were on his jock.
Last edited by nameant on Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nameant

Kobe's Flip Floppers

Postby gcclaker on Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:27 pm

nameant wrote:I dont any of these sportswriters ever picked up any kind of ball in their life. They know nothing about sports. You know if Kobe was a guest on that show (if they had guests) each and every1 of them would be on his jock. Just like when Kobe was a guest (via television interview) on NBA fastbreak they were on his jock.

So true... Well, it is always easy to talk smack about someone when they are not there to defend themselves and or dead to speak. That's just how it is. Objectivity be damned I guess.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Bballgirl85 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:36 pm

nameant wrote:honestly. who gives a fudgesickle? we're surprised they bash Kobe? hell it's a sportswriters job nowadays to hate and bash Kobe. who cares. they're a bunch of losers. I dont think any of these sportswriters ever picked up any kind of ball in their life. they know nothing about sports. you know if Kobe was a guest on that show (if they had guests) each and every1 of them would be on his jock. just like when Kobe was a guest (via television interview) on NBA fastbreak they were on his jock.

thats how i view it too..Now i just don't care...i mean sometimes an article makes me mad..but its so common now..i just brush it off.
~Formerly Known As I'm A Queen~

"America is false to the past, false to the present, and solemnly binds herself to be false to the future." Frederick Douglass

"Without justice, there can be no peace. He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Bballgirl85

Postby CrazyLikeCatfish on Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:56 pm

Bballgirl85 wrote:
nameant wrote:honestly. who gives a fudgesickle? we're surprised they bash Kobe? hell it's a sportswriters job nowadays to hate and bash Kobe. who cares. they're a bunch of losers. I dont think any of these sportswriters ever picked up any kind of ball in their life. they know nothing about sports. you know if Kobe was a guest on that show (if they had guests) each and every1 of them would be on his jock. just like when Kobe was a guest (via television interview) on NBA fastbreak they were on his jock.

thats how i view it too..Now i just don't care...i mean sometimes an article makes me mad..but its so common now..i just brush it off.
It's basically a given. Kobe can't win with these guys, and I don't think he cares. It doesn't really matter.
CrazyLikeCatfish

Next

Return to Team USA