Kobe or Wade should be Cut from Team USA

Postby MiKEJaY on Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:00 am

trbo823 wrote:Lets cut the writer of this article.

:man10: :jam2:
MiKEJaY

Re: Kobe or Wade should be Cut from Team USA

Postby kobe244life on Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:33 am

LO7cK35 wrote:
Kobe vs. Wade: One should go

Maybe it's just me, but will Team USA really need Dwyane Wade if Kobe Bryant plays in the Olympics? Or will it really need Bryant with Wade, Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James already on the team?

Now, hold the angry e-mails. Understand that I truly believe you can love Kobe without hating Dwyane, and vice-versa. And this has nothing to do with me favoring one player over the other. When it comes to building an NBA team, you can't go wrong either way. If nothing else, both Bryant and Wade know how to win a championship when playing next to Shaquille O'Neal.

But when it comes to Team USA, three 20-point scorers are all that's needed. Today, those three are James, Anthony and Wade, as Bryant is recovering from a knee injury and will miss the world championships. But assuming this U.S. team stays together for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, China ... well, three's a crowd and four is a horde. And could Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski really ask FOUR guys to abondon their star power for the good of the team? Eventually, somebody's gonna say no.

Granted, having NBA players in the Olympics is still mostly about marketing, and neither Bryant nor Wade is likely to be cut. Instead, a role player like Shane Battier or Joe Johnson will be let go when Bryant can play.

But that would be a mistake. We've already seen what the U.S. has done with a bunch of guys who can score. It's become pretty clear that in order to have international success, all you need is 12 guys who play hard and play together. Just ask Puerto Rico, which embarrassed the U.S. in the previous Olympics behind none other than Carlos Arroyo, who's not exactly a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame.

Can the U.S. win a gold medal with both Bryant and Wade playing alongside James and Anthony? Absolutely.

But it might be more difficult than you think. And that is why the U.S. should adhere to the following motto: When four guys need the ball, you may be headed for a fall. Bryant learned that the hard way as a member of a Lakers team that also featured O'Neal, Karl Malone, and Gary Payton a few years back.

The real question is, who do you pick to be cut: Bryant or Wade? I sure don't want to make that call.

http://probasketballnews.com/amico_blog.html

i need to get on watever the writer of that article is smoking
kobe244life

Postby UKUGA on Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:36 am

strikemode14 wrote:
Bryant learned that the hard way as a member of a Lakers team that also featured O'Neal, Karl Malone, and Gary Payton a few years back.

This quote showed me he had NO IDEA what he was talking about. When all 4 were healthy we went like 24-3. enuff said.

Amen. That team was awesome. Injuries throughout the season - and especially the one to Malone in the WCF/Finals - helped do that team in.

In December, that team played absolutely beautiful basketball.

Kobe's problems that year were due to Colorado, plain and simple.
UKUGA

Postby c.Lin on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:06 am

Cutting one of Kobe or Wade from the Olympics is the most absurd proposition I've ever heard. WOW.
c.Lin

Postby Juronimo on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:14 am

MiKEJaY wrote:

RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:15 am

MiKEJaY wrote:

LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:16 am

Does anyone logically think - for the representation of our country, that Wade and Kobe shouldn't play together?

Who in the hell has that mindset?
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby c.Lin on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:17 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Does anyone logically think - for the representation of our country, that Wade and Kobe shouldn't play together?

...someone who is underhandedly trying to lobby for Kobe being cut from the team. :man11:
c.Lin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:21 am

bndxclin wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Does anyone logically think - for the representation of our country, that Wade and Kobe shouldn't play together?

...someone who is underhandedly trying to lobby for Kobe being cut from the team. :man11:

But who are these people? Not fans of basketball and certainly not journalists because every person in their right mind would want to pair these two up - especially in the olympics.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:05 am

its not like wade and kobe will play at the same time

they both play sg unless coach k decides to put wade at pg.

but i would rather have kobe in the game at any given time than wade.

Does that mean I dont want wade on team usa ? no.

But Wade being on team usa means he will have to play 1/2 the time at the SG position, and that is time that kobe could be playing better that wade.

I dont want to see kobe on the bench in Beijing more than 8-10 minutes a game.
HoopsVibe: Kobe's 2006-2007 projection

Kobe Bryant is about to have the single greatest individual year in the history of basketball. Kobe has come to the point where he’s about to put it all together, he will be great, his team will win, and just to put some icing on it, somewhere along the way this season, Kobe will score 100 points in a single game.
KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby Ring It Up on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:45 pm

bndxclin wrote:Cutting one of Kobe or Wade from the Olympics is the most absurd proposition I've ever heard. WOW.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Satan on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:47 pm

Having more talent on the team won't hurt it, especially when you're talking about Kobe and Wade level talent. Minutes don't matter, all that matters is the U.S.A. wins.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:53 am

Satan wrote:Having more talent on the team won't hurt it, especially when you're talking about Kobe and Wade level talent. Minutes don't matter, all that matters is the U.S.A. wins.

Yes, but sadly, Kobe or Wade must go [/sarcasim]
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JoeGibbsPhilJackson on Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:03 am

This guy just wants attention. He even said ( before u send me angry emails)

If you email him he wins. That is what the internet sports writes are all about now.

If he gets attention he gets to keep his part time job.
JoeGibbsPhilJackson

Postby ladam24 on Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:38 pm

eNlight wrote:
jjin28 wrote:Kobe and Wade are the only champions on the team. i would think that both of them would be wanted no matter what.
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Previous

Return to Team USA