Kobe or Wade should be Cut from Team USA

Kobe or Wade should be Cut from Team USA

Postby LO7cK35 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:51 pm

Kobe vs. Wade: One should go

Maybe it's just me, but will Team USA really need Dwyane Wade if Kobe Bryant plays in the Olympics? Or will it really need Bryant with Wade, Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James already on the team?

Now, hold the angry e-mails. Understand that I truly believe you can love Kobe without hating Dwyane, and vice-versa. And this has nothing to do with me favoring one player over the other. When it comes to building an NBA team, you can't go wrong either way. If nothing else, both Bryant and Wade know how to win a championship when playing next to Shaquille O'Neal.

But when it comes to Team USA, three 20-point scorers are all that's needed. Today, those three are James, Anthony and Wade, as Bryant is recovering from a knee injury and will miss the world championships. But assuming this U.S. team stays together for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, China ... well, three's a crowd and four is a horde. And could Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski really ask FOUR guys to abondon their star power for the good of the team? Eventually, somebody's gonna say no.

Granted, having NBA players in the Olympics is still mostly about marketing, and neither Bryant nor Wade is likely to be cut. Instead, a role player like Shane Battier or Joe Johnson will be let go when Bryant can play.

But that would be a mistake. We've already seen what the U.S. has done with a bunch of guys who can score. It's become pretty clear that in order to have international success, all you need is 12 guys who play hard and play together. Just ask Puerto Rico, which embarrassed the U.S. in the previous Olympics behind none other than Carlos Arroyo, who's not exactly a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame.

Can the U.S. win a gold medal with both Bryant and Wade playing alongside James and Anthony? Absolutely.

But it might be more difficult than you think. And that is why the U.S. should adhere to the following motto: When four guys need the ball, you may be headed for a fall. Bryant learned that the hard way as a member of a Lakers team that also featured O'Neal, Karl Malone, and Gary Payton a few years back.

The real question is, who do you pick to be cut: Bryant or Wade? I sure don't want to make that call.

http://probasketballnews.com/amico_blog.html
LO7cK35

Postby KB24 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:58 pm

with Kobe Bryant, team USA wouldn´t suck balls against scrubs like Argentina, Spain, Brazil and teams like that

thats ridiculous

this moron doesn´t realize that Kobe has more to offer beside scoring. shooting and defens,e 2 things USA regularly sucks at in the international games, but well he is not worth an anger.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LO7cK35 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:00 pm

it is true what they say however, because having all those scorers just makes the team an all star team just like before and i thought thats what they were avoiding this time around. itll be interesting to see what they do
LO7cK35

Postby nameant on Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:03 pm

Wade
Kobe
Melo
LeBron
Howard or Amare

that's a nasty lineup...why would you wanna cut Wade or Kobe? just stupid. out of Melo, Wade, LeBron, and Kobe...Kobe is the ONLY one who can get off and hit any shot imagineable. he's also the only guy who can play lockdown D. he is a rich mans Wade. but I still wouldnt cut Wade anyway. and it'd be a cold day in hell when team USA, coached by COACH K, cut Kobe Bryant, the best player in the game. is this guy forgetting who the first person asked to be on the team, and the first player who agreed to play for the team was? hmmm..
nameant

Postby Kept on Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:05 pm

Kobe vs. Wade - Cut Wade. Coach K has them playing only 20 minutes anyway.
Last edited by Kept on Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kept

Postby abeer3 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:08 pm

of the two, wade's game is poorly suited for the international game. his mid to long range game is inconsistent, and his man to man defense is overrated, even against the euros.

most of the damage he's done so far in the games i've seen could have been done by gerald wallace. mostly just steals and run out dunks.
abeer3

Postby Das on Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:55 pm

When four guys need the ball, you may be headed for a fall. Bryant learned that the hard way as a member of a Lakers team that also featured O'Neal, Karl Malone, and Gary Payton a few years back.

This guy is already trying to sway the votes to Wades favor.
Das

Postby saint091 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:03 pm

Das wrote:
When four guys need the ball, you may be headed for a fall. Bryant learned that the hard way as a member of a Lakers team that also featured O'Neal, Karl Malone, and Gary Payton a few years back.

This guy is already trying to sway the votes to Wades favor.

Yep. No doubt whatsoever.
Credit to SocWiz15 For Sig
saint091

Postby jjin28 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:04 pm

Kobe and Wade are the only champions on the team. i would think that both of them would be wanted no matter what.
jjin28

Postby eNlight on Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:06 pm

jjin28 wrote:Kobe and Wade are the only champions on the team. i would think that both of them would be wanted no matter what.
eNlight

Postby 10scott10 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:10 pm

i would rather cut some one dimensional shooter. kobe can bring shooting and a lot more.
10scott10

Postby BDG on Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:48 pm

Maybe it's just me
Yeah, it's just you.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Re: Kobe or Wade should be Cut from Team USA

Postby jbiggs on Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:55 pm

LO7cK35 wrote:

The real question is, who do you pick to be cut: Bryant or Wade? I sure don't want to make that call.

I sure as heck do. Kobe no doubt
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby strikemode14 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:56 pm

Bryant learned that the hard way as a member of a Lakers team that also featured O'Neal, Karl Malone, and Gary Payton a few years back.

This quote showed me he had NO IDEA what he was talking about. When all 4 were healthy we went like 24-3. enuff said.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:49 pm

This article is sad. Each one of the guys listed can pass the ball, rebound and have moderate (wade) to great range (Kobe). To suggest that four fast, strong and very gifted guys can't play well together is perposturous (spl?). Kobe has proven that he doesn't need to shoot when he has guys around him that can play at his high level. Kobe has the most skill and the highest basketball IQ out of the whole US squad. Wade is an explosive player who can manuver extremely well in confined spaces and I must admit has adapted a very nice tear drop/runner. Labron is Labron. Melo has shown to have the most complete game out of all the guys currently playing at the Worlds. Anyone suggesting anyone of these three get left off the team should be taken to a desert and shot for being a moron.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Crispy on Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:03 pm

i dont think bowen should have been cut from the squad. he brings leadership, experience, intangibles, and defense. the only reason battier wasnt cut was because of coach k (duke connection)

i think wade should be cut. he gambles too much on defense and he leads the team in turnovers. and another thing that has to change. MELO is our leading scorer. melo's my boy and all, but cmon. he shouldnt be leading us in scoring. right now, it should be lebron, but when the world championships start, it will be KB24 fa sho! :jam2:
Crispy

Postby kb8lak on Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:35 pm

crispy wrote:i dont think bowen should have been cut from the squad. he brings leadership, experience, intangibles, and defense. the only reason battier wasnt cut was because of coach k (duke connection)

i think wade should be cut. he gambles too much on defense and he leads the team in turnovers. and another thing that has to change. MELO is our leading scorer. melo's my boy and all, but cmon. he shouldnt be leading us in scoring. right now, it should be lebron, but when the world championships start, it will be KB24 fa sho! :jam2:

How can he be cut if he's not even participating in the World Championships. By the time the 2008 Olympics roll around, Wade's finals MVP is gonna be such an afterthought that the decision won't be so difficult.
kb8lak
Contributing Member

Postby halekulani on Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:53 pm

wade shouldn't be cut...that's just ridiculous.

kobe shouldn't be cut....

drop hinrich or jamison please.
halekulani

Postby LO7cK35 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:32 pm

halekulani wrote:wade shouldn't be cut...that's just ridiculous.

kobe shouldn't be cut....

drop hinrich or jamison please.

not heinrich, they could use his skills at the point. jamison definetly. i got nothing against him but what he is bringing to the table is nothing that team usa already has plenty of and much better.
LO7cK35

Postby JSM on Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:09 pm

All I got to say is thank God that Sam Amico had zero say in who was selected for Team USA. The man clearly has no idea what he is talking about.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby LukeWalton on Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:14 pm

Cut Kobe Bryant :man10:

Ridiculous. As long as he's still willing to play theres no way he's getting cut just like theres no way Lebron James being cut. Best player in the NBA. Most known player currently in the NBA.

I dont know whos on the roster right now but Jamison, Battier..etc any other role player will be gone to make space.
LukeWalton

Postby strategos on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:11 am

If Miami had lost in the finals, nobody would even think about something as ridiculous as cutting Wade or Kobe, now suddenly they can't play togehter. Besides, I'm pretty sure this idiot already made his mind about who is the one to be cut, when talking about Wade and Kobe, only one player can be meant with that?

And could Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski really ask FOUR guys to abondon their star power for the good of the team? Eventually, somebody's gonna say no

The only real dream team had no problems with to many 20-point scorers, I don't see why this should and I would love to see them playing together
strategos

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:08 am

Of course right now im gonna say Kobe over Wade any day....maybe if Wade develops an outside shot and crazy defensive skills...then i'll consider this a tough call....but you cut wade, not bryant....but that will not happen so it doesnt matter
FabFourLakers

Postby trbo823 on Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:18 am

Lets cut the writer of this article.
LAKERS: We use Division and Conference championship banners as TOILET paper while other teams hangs them from their Rafters.
trbo823

Postby MiKEJaY on Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:00 am

trbo823 wrote:Lets cut the writer of this article.

:man10: :jam2:
MiKEJaY

Next

Return to Team USA