Is Kobe Wasting his offseason by playing on the olympic team

Is Kobe Wasting his offseason by playing on the olympic team

Postby mar10albert0 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:59 pm

Is Kobe wasting his offseason by playing on the olympic team? I don't think that he's even a starter. but what I mean with this is, would kobe and the lakers be better off if Kobe just trains and harnesses new skills and new shots?

I think he should just train in the offseason
mar10albert0

Re: Is Kobe Wasting his offseason by playing on the olympic

Postby tdnet on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:02 pm

mar10albert0 wrote:Is Kobe wasting his offseason by playing on the olympic team? I don't think that he's even a starter. but what I mean with this is, would kobe and the lakers be better off if Kobe just trains and harnesses new skills and new shots?

I agree . kobe is comitted to play for usa, so hes guranteed to play......sucks.
THE DAGGER / ______________________ kobe
tdnet

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:04 pm

the tournaments only 12 days long and its in las vegas
Last edited by CaCHooKa Man on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby nameant on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:04 pm

y'all dont want USA to get the gold? :man3:
nameant

Postby Radner on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:04 pm

tdnet wrote:
mar10albert0 wrote:Is Kobe wasting his offseason by playing on the olympic team? I don't think that he's even a starter. but what I mean with this is, would kobe and the lakers be better off if Kobe just trains and harnesses new skills and new shots?

I agree . kobe is comitted to play for usa, so hes guranteed to play......sucks.

It's not like Kobe is the only NBA player on the USA team.

Speaking of which, I can't wait to see J-Kidd and Kobe playing alongside each other. :jam2:
Last edited by Radner on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radner

Postby Critical Beatdown on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:04 pm

Kobe should definitely play...we keep losing and he will lead us back to Gold.

I find it very hard to believe he won't be starting and our top player.
Critical Beatdown

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:05 pm

What? :man3: :man10:

Come on man of course Kobe is going to start. No way he sits on the bench.

As for him training. It's better to play with other people then by yourself. I mean he will playing against J.Johnson, Wade, Bron Melo in practice etc that is better then hanging out with Smush and his lock down D. :man10:
Last edited by strikemode14 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby mar10albert0 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:05 pm

yeah maybe only 12 games but theres also time between games and also practices
mar10albert0

Postby I'm black on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:05 pm

:man3: What new skills and shots does he not have?
I'm black

Postby karacha on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:07 pm

Kobe will finally be able to run and shoot. Nothing wrong with that.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby mar10albert0 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:08 pm

well for one, i'd like him to have a go to shot that he uses frequently like jordan's post up and fade away shot. I know Kobe's done it a couple of times but there's a lot of room for improvement on that shot because he misses alot of them. I remember Jordan over and over again going to that shot and getting it most of the time.
mar10albert0

Postby Radner on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:10 pm

Do you realize how much coverage the USA team will get with Kobe?
Radner

Postby ladam24 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:17 pm

I'm black wrote:

:man3: What new skills and shots does he not have?

Until he shoots 100% every night there is always rom for improvement.

I for one would like to see his shot selection improve a little and his 3 point shot become more consistant.

But yes, he is the most skilled player on the planet.
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby Showtime is Magic on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:18 pm

nameant wrote:y'all dont want USA to get the gold? :man3:

thats what im asking myself. Im sick of hearing other countries gloat about their victories. WE ARE WINNING GOLD AGAIN.
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby Radner on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:19 pm

Showtime is Magic wrote:

thats what im asking myself. Im sick of hearing other countries gloat about their victories. WE ARE WINNING GOLD AGAIN.

Not if Spain, Argentina, Greece :mad1:, and Italy have anything to say about it.
Radner

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:19 pm

you guys are crazy.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby Showtime is Magic on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:45 pm

JKsnoots wrote:
Showtime is Magic wrote:

Not if Spain, Argentina, Greece :mad1:, and Italy have anything to say about it.

not with the team that we should have on the court. If every good US player played, we would win easy. Committment is KEY
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby kosstick on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:52 pm

Kobe
Kidd

Back court = Gold medal then you throw in KG and all the other super stars :0
kosstick

Postby Weezy on Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:57 pm

No way is Kobe wasting his time playing the Olympic team, the notion of that sounds absurd. It's a great honor to do so, probably a once in a career thing for him and something he's guaranteed to never forget. Plus if he goes and they finaly get the gold back it would add to his legacy. Dream Team man, how could you not want to play and be a part of that?

Plus, what the heck new skills and new shots is he going to work on, the guy already has every shot in his arsenal?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Radner on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:00 pm

I prefer these guys on the team:

Jason Kidd
Kobe Bryant
Chauncey Billups
Dwight Howard
Ray Allen
Michael Redd
Lebron James
Dwayne Wade
Carmelo Anthony
Tim Duncan
Kirk Hinrich
David Lee :man1:

This team would be scary.
Radner

Postby JoeGibbsPhilJackson on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:09 pm

They need to cut terrible players like Wade. Wade is a good NBA player but just sucks for internatonal ball.

And get guys like Kobe , Ray Allen and Micheal Redd. To go along with KG and Duncan download and they win every game by 30.

Until then they will suck. With these ballers like Lebron and Wade who have no jump shot in traffic.
JoeGibbsPhilJackson

Postby Radner on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:25 pm

JoeGibbsPhilJackson wrote:They need to cut terrible players like Wade. Wade is a good NBA player but just sucks for internatonal ball.

And get guys like Kobe , Ray Allen and Micheal Redd. To go along with KG and Duncan download and they win every game by 30.

Until then they will suck. With these ballers like Lebron and Wade who have no jump shot in traffic.

Allen and Redd are guaranteed a spot on the roster considering the outside shooting sucks.
Radner

Postby tttppp on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:28 pm

He still needs to rehab his knee. He should use this as an excuse to not play. Kobe's will most likely go deep in the playoffs each of the next few seasons. Adding Olympic team duties too could really wear him down.

Plus team USA sucks anyways. They showed last year they are following the same model as they always do. They just grab the biggest names possible and could care less how they fit together. The only difference is that the media hypes this team up as the one with role players (even though they don't have any) and one that actually plays team ball (even though they dont).

If they wanted to win gold, they'd just dump a truckload of money at Phil Jackson's door and say "build a team and win a gold for us." Instead they just brought in big names to market the crap out of the team.
tttppp

Postby GasolBynumKobe on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:43 pm

Kobe should have his own team. No way should he play with guys who can't score 50+ points4 straight games.
GasolBynumKobe

Postby 10scott10 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:44 pm

Showtime is Magic wrote:
JKsnoots wrote:
Showtime is Magic wrote:

not with the team that we should have on the court. If every good US player played, we would win easy. Committment is KEY

beleive me. since the NBA has become more international, a lot of the guys on the foreign teams won't be new to the USA guys. IMO the team should be
PG: deron williams/ kidd
SG: kobe/ redd
SF: prince/lebron
PF: bosh/howard
C: Oden/wallace

I put oden and ben wallace in there because i think they need guys who are not constantly looking for offense, but to play defense. same reason for putting in tayshan prince.
i don't have wade, ray allen, or chris paul because they will all be getting off-season surgery
10scott10

Next

Return to Team USA