Lang Whitakers Olympic notes/constant sniping at Kobe

Lang Whitakers Olympic notes/constant sniping at Kobe

Postby havoc33 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:59 am

What's up with that dude? I love the Links, but those constant snipings at Kobe are starting to get old. Lang has been reporting half-truths when it comes to Kobe during the entire tournament and it just pisses me off. Just look at his notes from the usa-mexico game. I wrote in a comment at the end, and I just noticed the guy above me caught Lang doing the same crap from the Venezuela game. Have a look.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/2007/08/links-team-usa-127-mexico-100/
havoc33

Postby nameant on Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:31 am

Some people just hate Kobe. I mean, truly hate the guy. They'll go to any length to find things wrong with him. Personally, I dislike LeBron. I really don't like the guy. But am I going to sit here and complain and bash him throughout this tournament? No. He's representing my country. Of course I am going to root for him. It's about whether or not the player is making the team better. Kobe is making team USA better. PERIOD. There's no denying that.
nameant

Postby melo061 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:39 am

Kobe's defense has been superb But

He still thinks he is playing for the lakers. When he plays in la, he can hold onto the ball for long times because of of the lack of talent. But in team usa, there's no excuse for him to hold onto the ball for that long. He needs to make his move or pass it, don't kill the ball movement.
melo061

Postby Paul on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:22 am

melo061 wrote:Kobe's defense has been superb But

He still thinks he is playing for the lakers. When he plays in la, he can hold onto the ball for long times because of of the lack of talent. But in team usa, there's no excuse for him to hold onto the ball for that long. He needs to make his move or pass it, don't kill the ball movement.

When u do it for years, it aint that easy to change it.

@ nameant

:bow:
Paul
Clublakers Rep: Germany/Poland

Postby gdchild on Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:45 am

Whitaker has been a Kobe hater ever since Shaq was traded. He must be a Shaq nutrider.

And as one poster stated, Whitaker will spin and twist to shed a negative light on Kobe.
gdchild

Postby addwuzhere on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:34 am

gdchild wrote:Whitaker has been a Kobe hater ever since Shaq was traded. He must be a Shaq nutrider.

And as one poster stated, Whitaker will spin and twist to shed a negative light on Kobe.

hes a dirty rat
NBA Quotes:
Alonzo, winning the DPOY:"I thank my teammates for letting their men blow by them."

Shaq:"I made a 1,600 minus 800 minus 200 on the SAT, so I'm very intelligent when I speak."

Chick Hearn:"The game's in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jiggling."
addwuzhere

Postby temp5F on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:04 pm

melo061 wrote:Kobe's defense has been superb But

Oh please, he's not the only player that is doing iso plays. Enough of this damn 'killing the ball movement' nonsense. We've scored over a hundred points each damn game, scoring isn't our problem. And if it was really an issue, you think Coach K wouldn't talk to Kobe? Do you really believe you have a better idea of how the game should flow than the coaching staff?

If he was affecting our scoring output, it'd be one thing, but the man hasn't been putting up a lot of shots nor has he affected the efficiency of other players, and has in fact improved it through his passing and shooting - multiple threats are a good thing.

I just love how people with poor attention spans single only one player for his isoing, when the rest of the damn team is doing it also. You don't restrain great players into jump shooters if they have a mismatch or an exploit. And not every damn decision has to be made on the court in a few seconds - it's called reading the damn defense.

If we were having problems scoring and were losing badly, you'd probably have a point, but since we aren't enough with the nitpicking.
temp5F

Postby saedel on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:07 pm

I agree with temp... Lebron's holding the ball too long as well. Melo too. I guess Lang has mastered from Bill Walton's school of hatred.

And yep, I didn't click the link.
"I can't is a depressing washed-up front for "I don't..."

See me in this planet - Planet Saedel - There are interesting stuff still undiscovered.
saedel

Postby Azn Pinoy on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:26 pm

Lol, in that article is says that Bill Walton said "Mexico makes up for one third of Gatorade's sales"...lmao
Azn Pinoy

Return to Team USA