Lebron calls himself leader of team USA

Is Lebron leader of the team?

No
17
23%
Definitely not
56
76%
 
Total votes : 73

Postby Lal-mtl on Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:25 pm

lakerskobe247 wrote:AGAIN Lebron is at it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pog6k4onaZQ (at 2:14)
Lebron calls himself number 1 leader of this team.

Lebron is the number 1 leader ...NOT
KIDD is the obvious choice.
Image
-----------------------------------------
1. "RESIGN" (to quit, leave office, etc.) is not = "RE-SIGN"
2. "SHOULD' VE" (should HAVE) is not= "SHOULD OFF"
- same goes for would've, could've, etc.
User avatar
Lal-mtl

 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:38 pm

Postby Satan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:41 pm

Bron knows how to market himself. Nothing to see here...
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
User avatar
Satan

 
Posts: 20768
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:23 pm
Location: Fist in the air in the land of hypocricy.

Postby 808LakerFan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:32 pm

Legend In The Making wrote:
808LakerFan wrote:word?
he cant lead team USA because he can barely lead his own team.
Lead his team in statistics cheyaah but theres a player named Kobe Bryant or/and Jason Kidd that is more fit to have that role.
He was just mad cuz he pulled a George Bush....
...
CHOKED
haha like my punchline?


So I guess LeBron taking the Cavs to the finals means nothing? Ok :man10:

No I didn't like your punchline because it didn't make any sense.

wow hater someones got panty rash, lead his team in what? stats

oh and for my punchline, george bush choked on a pretzel once
and i never asked for your FCKN OPINION on it let alone hate.
get up off my jock
Image
User avatar
808LakerFan

 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:43 am
Location: Tha Boonies

Postby Satan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:38 pm

808LakerFan wrote:lead his team in what?


Bron has taken his team farther than Kobe ever has.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
User avatar
Satan

 
Posts: 20768
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:23 pm
Location: Fist in the air in the land of hypocricy.

Postby 808LakerFan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:57 pm

Satan wrote:
808LakerFan wrote:lead his team in what?


Bron has taken his team farther than Kobe ever has.

yeah he did but dont u think that if you put the players that LeBron has on the Lakers dont you think they would win 50+ games
AND
The Lakers are in the west FYI
Image
User avatar
808LakerFan

 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:43 am
Location: Tha Boonies

Postby Satan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:58 pm

808LakerFan wrote:
Satan wrote:
808LakerFan wrote:lead his team in what?


Bron has taken his team farther than Kobe ever has.

yeah he did but dont u think that if you put the players that LeBron has on the Lakers dont you think they would win 50+ games
AND
The Lakers are in the west FYI


There's always an excuse but facts are facts. If you can question where Bron has led his team you can certainly question where Kobe has.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
User avatar
Satan

 
Posts: 20768
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:23 pm
Location: Fist in the air in the land of hypocricy.

Postby Propulsion on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:09 pm

Kobe won 3 titles by the time he was 23. LeBron can only do that now if he can get ESPN to convince David Stern to have three nba seasons in one year.
User avatar
Propulsion

 
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 12:20 am
Location: Northridge

Postby 808LakerFan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:21 pm

Satan wrote:
808LakerFan wrote:
Satan wrote:
808LakerFan wrote:lead his team in what?


Bron has taken his team farther than Kobe ever has.

yeah he did but dont u think that if you put the players that LeBron has on the Lakers dont you think they would win 50+ games
AND
The Lakers are in the west FYI


There's always an excuse but facts are facts. If you can question where Bron has led his team you can certainly question where Kobe has.

yeah but you think he would make it that far if his team were in the west? no
look what happened in the Finals
& FYI once again Kobe would've led a 50+ win team in the west if it werent for injuries and lack of depth and experience
Image
User avatar
808LakerFan

 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:43 am
Location: Tha Boonies

Postby Satan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:25 pm

propulsiondj wrote:Kobe won 3 titles by the time he was 23.


So did Devon George. What's your point?



808LakerFan wrote:yeah but you think he would make it that far if his team were in the west?


Coulda, woulda, shoulda. I can't say what MIGHT have happened, I can say what DID happen. Bron led his team to the Finals. Kobe to a first round knockout.

808LakerFan wrote:& FYI once again Kobe would've led a 50+ win team in the west if it werent for injuries and lack of depth and experience


Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Bron has had injured teammates as well.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
User avatar
Satan

 
Posts: 20768
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:23 pm
Location: Fist in the air in the land of hypocricy.

Postby Weezy on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:39 pm

Satan wrote:
propulsiondj wrote:Kobe won 3 titles by the time he was 23.


So did Devon George. What's your point?


You can't seriously be comparing George's value to those championship teams to Kobe's? George wasn't even on the playoff roster in 2000. I know you hate the guy, but the blind hatred is clouding your rational judgement a bit. I mean let's not get silly here, as a veteran member I'd at least expect you to not let your blind hate of Kobe affect everything you say, the guy still has many good qualities as a basketball player.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 49767
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Postby Propulsion on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:43 pm

Satan wrote:
propulsiondj wrote:Kobe won 3 titles by the time he was 23.


So did Devon George. What's your point?



You said earlier facts are facts. He was a huge part of 3 championship runs and arguably played the biggest role in the final championship where IMO he should have been named MVP. He's already led his team to a championship.
User avatar
Propulsion

 
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 12:20 am
Location: Northridge

Postby Satan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:49 pm

Weezy wrote:You can't seriously be comparing George's value to those championship teams to Kobe's?


The comparison between Kobe and George was in regards to the number of championships each has won, not their contribution.


propulsiondj wrote:He's already led his team to a championship.


Shaq was the leader of our last championship teams. Kobe was a soldier (albeit a valuable one).
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
User avatar
Satan

 
Posts: 20768
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:23 pm
Location: Fist in the air in the land of hypocricy.

Postby Propulsion on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:56 pm

Satan wrote:
propulsiondj wrote:He's already led his team to a championship.


Shaq was the leader of our last championship teams. Kobe was a soldier (albeit a valuable one).


Kobe still led the team to countless victories during those years (especially in the playoffs). If you're gonna use Shaq to dismiss Kobe's leadership, then it is also valid to say 'Bron came out of the very weak Eastern conference where he had to face an Arenas/Butler-less Wizards team, a mediocre Nets team, and a post Ben Wallace-era Pistons team.
User avatar
Propulsion

 
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 12:20 am
Location: Northridge

Postby Satan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:02 pm

propulsiondj wrote:Kobe still led the team to countless victories during those years (especially in the playoffs).


Of course he did. Just like TP and Manu let the Spurs to countless victories over the years but everyone knows the Spurs dominance begins and ends with Tim Duncan.

propulsiondj wrote:If you're gonna use Shaq to dismiss Kobe's leadership, then it is also valid to say 'Bron came out of the very weak Eastern conference where he had to face an Arenas/Butler-less Wizards team, a mediocre Nets team, and a post Ben Wallace-era Pistons team.


Sure, you can say all of that and it's even true. Doesn't change the fact that Bron has led his team to a Finals and Kobe has not.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
User avatar
Satan

 
Posts: 20768
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:23 pm
Location: Fist in the air in the land of hypocricy.

Postby Propulsion on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:09 pm

Satan wrote:
propulsiondj wrote:Kobe still led the team to countless victories during those years (especially in the playoffs).


Of course he did. Just like TP and Manu let the Spurs to countless victories over the years but everyone knows the Spurs dominance begins and ends with Tim Duncan.

propulsiondj wrote:If you're gonna use Shaq to dismiss Kobe's leadership, then it is also valid to say 'Bron came out of the very weak Eastern conference where he had to face an Arenas/Butler-less Wizards team, a mediocre Nets team, and a post Ben Wallace-era Pistons team.


Sure, you can say all of that and it's even true. Doesn't change the fact that Bron has led his team to a Finals and Kobe has not.



Facts are facts. As the main guy, Kobe has not led his team to the finals and LeBron has - so you're right.
Another fact is that Kobe has 3 titles and LeBron has 0. I'll do you a favor and add in another fact that Devean George has 3 and Robert Horry has 7. Is this a facts league or what?
User avatar
Propulsion

 
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 12:20 am
Location: Northridge

Postby Satan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:17 pm

propulsiondj wrote:you're right.


I knew you would see the light sooner or later.

:mhihi: :mhihi: :mhihi:
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
User avatar
Satan

 
Posts: 20768
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:23 pm
Location: Fist in the air in the land of hypocricy.

Postby Propulsion on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:23 pm

Satan wrote:
propulsiondj wrote:you're right.


I knew you would see the light sooner or later.

:mhihi: :mhihi: :mhihi:


:man10:
User avatar
Propulsion

 
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 12:20 am
Location: Northridge

Postby KB+KG=DOMINATION on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:24 pm

Satan wrote:
propulsiondj wrote:Kobe still led the team to countless victories during those years (especially in the playoffs).


Of course he did. Just like TP and Manu let the Spurs to countless victories over the years but everyone knows the Spurs dominance begins and ends with Tim Duncan.

propulsiondj wrote:If you're gonna use Shaq to dismiss Kobe's leadership, then it is also valid to say 'Bron came out of the very weak Eastern conference where he had to face an Arenas/Butler-less Wizards team, a mediocre Nets team, and a post Ben Wallace-era Pistons team.


Sure, you can say all of that and it's even true. Doesn't change the fact that Bron has led his team to a Finals and Kobe has not.


lakers played PHX which before SA won the title was widely viewed as the best team in the NBA. lets have the cavs play PHX opening round and see if they advance.

lets look at both teams speculated road to the finals if both the lakers and cavs made it.

LA:
PHX
SA
UTAH

those are three of the top 4 teams in the league.

CAVS:
WASHINGTON
NETS
PISTONS

in the west 2 out of the three don't make the playoffs and the pistons are inferior to PHX,SA,UTAH,DALLAS. that was our road. lets say kobe played at his highest possible level which is higher than any in the league the lakers would still have not made the finals. kobe takes the cavs route to the finals and plays at his normal 30 ppg level they make it to the finals that is the difference.
KB+KG=DOMINATION

 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:35 pm

Postby nameant on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:26 pm

LeBron, you leading team USA to two bronze medals was cute and all, but we're looking for gold this time around. Sorry.
User avatar
nameant

 
Posts: 25329
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Postby Satan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:32 pm

KB+KG=DOMINATION wrote:coulda woulda shoulda


We can play what ifs all day. I'm sticking to what has actually happened.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
User avatar
Satan

 
Posts: 20768
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:23 pm
Location: Fist in the air in the land of hypocricy.

Postby Propulsion on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:33 pm

KB+KG=DOMINATION wrote:
Satan wrote:
propulsiondj wrote:Kobe still led the team to countless victories during those years (especially in the playoffs).


Of course he did. Just like TP and Manu let the Spurs to countless victories over the years but everyone knows the Spurs dominance begins and ends with Tim Duncan.

propulsiondj wrote:If you're gonna use Shaq to dismiss Kobe's leadership, then it is also valid to say 'Bron came out of the very weak Eastern conference where he had to face an Arenas/Butler-less Wizards team, a mediocre Nets team, and a post Ben Wallace-era Pistons team.


Sure, you can say all of that and it's even true. Doesn't change the fact that Bron has led his team to a Finals and Kobe has not.


lakers played PHX which before SA won the title was widely viewed as the best team in the NBA. lets have the cavs play PHX opening round and see if they advance.

lets look at both teams speculated road to the finals if both the lakers and cavs made it.

LA:
PHX
SA
UTAH

those are three of the top 4 teams in the league.

CAVS:
WASHINGTON
NETS
PISTONS

in the west 2 out of the three don't make the playoffs and the pistons are inferior to PHX,SA,UTAH,DALLAS. that was our road. lets say kobe played at his highest possible level which is higher than any in the league the lakers would still have not made the finals. kobe takes the cavs route to the finals and plays at his normal 30 ppg level they make it to the finals that is the difference.


Dude he's stating the FACTS

LeBron, as the #1 guy on his team, has led a team to the finals. That is a fact.
Kobe hasn't done so as a #1 guy - that is another fact.
However, Kobe has 3 titles - fact.
User avatar
Propulsion

 
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 12:20 am
Location: Northridge

Postby Satan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:35 pm

See, he gets it!

:mhihi: :mhihi: :mhihi:

Look, I'm not really trying to knock Kobe or praise LeBron. I don't feel Bron has any legitimate claim to being the leader of team U.S.A. I also don't think Kobe has much of a claim either, outside of him being one of the older players on the team. My vote goes to J. Kidd.
Last edited by Satan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
User avatar
Satan

 
Posts: 20768
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:23 pm
Location: Fist in the air in the land of hypocricy.

Postby KB+KG=DOMINATION on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:36 pm

Satan wrote:
KB+KG=DOMINATION wrote:coulda woulda shoulda


We can play what ifs all day. I'm sticking to what has actually happened.


you say you stick to what has happened yet you change what other people say so that your arguement looks right thats pretty funny :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: and sad at the same time :disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:
KB+KG=DOMINATION

 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:35 pm

Postby Satan on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:39 pm

All I did was summarize your conjecture.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
User avatar
Satan

 
Posts: 20768
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:23 pm
Location: Fist in the air in the land of hypocricy.

Postby Propulsion on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:59 pm

Satan wrote:See, he gets it!

:mhihi: :mhihi: :mhihi:

Look, I'm not really trying to knock Kobe or praise LeBron. I don't feel Bron has any legitimate claim to being the leader of team U.S.A. I also don't think Kobe has much of a claim either, outside of him being one of the older players on the team. My vote goes to J. Kidd.


What is your reason for voting Jason Kidd? Is it because of his undefeated record in these international games?
User avatar
Propulsion

 
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 12:20 am
Location: Northridge

PreviousNext

Return to Team USA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.