Chris Bosh
Elton Brand
Dwight Howard
Antawn Jamison
Joe Johnson
Brad Miller

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/wbc2006/n ... id=2529354
Marion, Morrison, Ridnour left off national team

LAS VEGAS -- Shawn Marion, Adam Morrison and Luke Ridnour were left off the U.S. national team's roster Tuesday before its trip to Asia for the world championships next month.

Amare Stoudemire and Kirk Hinrich were the only moderately surprising inclusions on the 15-man roster, which will play five warmup games in Las Vegas, China and Korea before opening the world championships in Japan on Aug. 19.

Coach Mike Krzyzewski and his staff must trim the roster to 12 players before the world championships.

Marion, the Phoenix Suns' three-time NBA All-Star, apparently was left off the roster because of a minor knee injury. He was just one of five candidates remaining from the 2004 U.S. Olympic team, which won disappointing bronze medals.

Hinrich, the Chicago Bulls point guard, beat out Ridnour for the ostensible third-string spot behind Chris Paul and Gilbert Arenas. Hinrich was slowed by a hamstring injury during the team's weeklong training camp in Las Vegas, but apparently did enough to impress Krzyzewski.

Stoudemire earned a spot on the traveling team with a remarkable comeback from surgery on both knees during last season with the Suns, when he played in three NBA games. The 6-foot-10 forward looked strong and mobile during training camp despite struggling during summer-league play a few weeks ago.

The rest of the 15-man roster includes LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Shane Battier, Chris Bosh, Bruce Bowen, Elton Brand, Dwight Howard, Antawn Jamison, Joe Johnson, Brad Miller, Arenas and Paul.

In all, 25 players have committed to be members of the U.S. national team for the next three years, through the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
Podium
Clublakers Analyst

Postby ic144 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:49 am

If Kobe was on that roster, I guarantee we'll come home as champions.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan
ic144

Postby jimbo327 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:55 pm

They don't have much real big man in that lineup. For some reason, I'm not that impressed with that roster. If you had Kobe/KG/Duncan, then it might be a little better. I don't too many dead eye shooters on this either maybe except Gilbert Arenas. I don't think this is the best the US can send. But that's just my opinion.
jimbo327

Postby LUUUKE on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:58 pm

jimbo327 wrote:They don't have much real big man in that lineup. For some reason, I'm not that impressed with that roster. If you had Kobe/KG/Duncan, then it might be a little better. I don't too many dead eye shooters on this either maybe except Gilbert Arenas. I don't think this is the best the US can send. But that's just my opinion.

international game is much different..thats why we have brad miller
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby KB24 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:00 pm

Amare, Battier and Jamison will get cut.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby kwamemvp on Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:01 pm

No big men ? Dwight, Amare, Brand, Bosh

clome on !
My top 5

Kobe
Wade
Nash
Bron
Duncan
kwamemvp

Postby CJ on Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:24 pm

will this be on tv in the us? if so what network
CJ
England's Lakers Rep

Postby Azndude2190 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:06 pm

USA is going to pwn :jam2:
Azndude2190

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:54 pm

Azndude2190 wrote:USA is going to pwn :jam2:
i thought i typed 'USA is going down' i was bout to say.. :mhihi:
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:24 pm

cjtheman wrote:will this be on tv in the us? if so what network

probably espn if they do show it
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby BLAZINLAKERFAN on Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:58 pm

Coah K is gonna keep his DUKE players on the squad...I have a feeling they are running some DUKE sets anyways...Overall though the squad looks decent but just semms like its missing something like that one player who you know is just gonna be dominant player and the go to guy...KOBE..they built that team to play off of Kobe, he was the focal point...Oh well i guess we have to wait til the Olympics for Kobe to play...
DO US ALL A FAVOR AND JUMP OFF THE BANDWAGON, AND DON'T COME BACK WHEN WE START WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CLAIM TO BE A FAN, BUT ARE YOU REALLY A FAN?
BLAZINLAKERFAN

Postby 1 x Butler x 1 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:01 pm

KB8@CL wrote:Amare, Battier and Jamison will get cut.

no way Amare gets cut. unless he lost his skill from that injury. he could take advantage of european big men more than anyone.
1 x Butler x 1

Postby DMK on Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:10 pm

BLAZINLAKERFAN wrote:Coah K is gonna keep his DUKE players on the squad...I have a feeling they are running some DUKE sets anyways...Overall though the squad looks decent but just semms like its missing something like that one player who you know is just gonna be dominant player and the go to guy...KOBE..they built that team to play off of Kobe, he was the focal point...Oh well i guess we have to wait til the Olympics for Kobe to play...

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby 24scores on Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:18 pm

KB8@CL wrote:Amare, Battier and Jamison will get cut.

Close to what I was thinking except I think Arenas will be cut and Battier kept.
24scores

Postby BLAZINLAKERFAN on Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:51 am

THEY ARE GONNA BE RUNNING THE PHOENIX OFFENSE AND DUKE DEFENSE SO I DOUBT AMARE AND BATTIER GET CUT. I THINK JAMISON,ARENAS AND BOWEN WILL GET CUT. BRAD MILLER WILL STAY SINCE HIS STYLE OF PLAY FITS THE INTERNATIONAL GAME.
DO US ALL A FAVOR AND JUMP OFF THE BANDWAGON, AND DON'T COME BACK WHEN WE START WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CLAIM TO BE A FAN, BUT ARE YOU REALLY A FAN?
BLAZINLAKERFAN

Postby akvohra on Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:02 am

You guys really think Arenas is gonna get cut? If he gets cut, I highly doubt the US will reclaim the glory it once had...
akvohra

Postby jimbo327 on Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:16 am

kwamemvp wrote:No big men ? Dwight, Amare, Brand, Bosh

clome on !

None of those are legit big man that plays a pure center. All of them are really really good PF though. They will probably be facing a lot of 7'3"+ guys, maybe even 2-3 at the same time. Even Tim Duncan was being man handled in last tourney which US didn't even get the medal. I thought they would have learned from that. The only true center is Brad Miller, but he is getting way old and getting slower by the minute. We are gearing up for the 2008 olympics, not sure if Brad Miller is going to hold up till then. I would like to see Duncan on this team along with Kobe. I wouldn't even mind see Zo or Shaq on this team. We need some inside presence on this team that is lacking.

And no pure dead eye shooters ala Michael Redd / Ray Allen. You need these kind of players because the international game will be more flops and clogging the lane to draw charges. You need to be able to shoot first and open up the inside. Besides Arenas and Joe Johnson, which is closest to a pure shooter, most are not pure shooters at all.
jimbo327

Postby lilkhmerkid4u on Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:38 am

IS KOBE GONNA BE PLAYING IN '08?
lilkhmerkid4u

Return to Team USA