Mike Breen: "Kobe and Lebron could be 1st Team All Def

Mike Breen: "Kobe and Lebron could be 1st Team All Def

Postby UKUGA on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:16 am

With about 4:00 to go in the 3rd quarter against Australia, Breen comes through with this gem.

Does he not know now anything about the NBA games he watches/commentates?

How many times has Kobe been 1st team all-defense?
"The Lakers need more fans like you!"
- Gary Vitti, to me, in a Cleveland restaurant
UKUGA

Postby KRC18 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:23 am

I think he meant Wade.

"We the best! Know that, don’t think it, know it! Its our turn! It's our championship! Our season! Lets go out here and make a statement! Its our turn now! Let's go!"

-Kobe Bryant
KRC18

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:02 am

he probably meant to say lebron could be first team all universe because hes the best physical specimen to ever set foot on a basketball court and hes single-handedly carrying team usa to the gold medal podium on his giant shoulders and athletic frame while playing all 5 positions for the team at the same time
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Blasta_Masta8 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:06 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:he probably meant to say lebron could be first team all universe because hes the best physical specimen to ever set foot on a basketball court and hes single-handedly carrying team usa to the gold medal podium on his giant shoulders and athletic frame while playing all 5 positions for the team at the same time

I know what you mean... It's getting "a little" bit out of hand... Someone makes a good play Mike Breen doesnt give them any props. Lebron makes a lay up and him and Doug Collins start screaming and going crazy. :disagree:
Last edited by Blasta_Masta8 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blasta_Masta8

Postby Savory Griddles on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:07 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:he probably meant to say lebron could be first team all universe because hes the best physical specimen to ever set foot on a basketball court and hes single-handedly carrying team usa to the gold medal podium on his giant shoulders and athletic frame while playing all 5 positions for the team at the same time

To be honest, he may very well be the best physical specimen to ever set foot on a basketball court. Can you name a better one? I'm not like attacking the sarcastic validity of your post BTW :mhihi: . I'm just saying that the physical specimen part is probably accurate.
Savory Griddles

Postby KB24 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:45 pm

To be honest, I go crazy too whenever LeBron does something...

He is simply SPECTECULAR!...more spectecular than any NBA player but maybe Kobe Bryant if he is in the zone...

but even if LeBron makes a layup...usually its spectecular. He is a freak of nature...no doubt about it.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:07 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:

To be honest, he may very well be the best physical specimen to ever set foot on a basketball court. Can you name a better one? I'm not like attacking the sarcastic validity of your post BTW :mhihi: . I'm just saying that the physical specimen part is probably accurate.

i know hes a beast but i dont have to hear about it every 30 seconds. same thing with "wade was finals mvp and he feels like hes being snubbed when hes no longer in the talks about elite players in todays game."
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby KOBEhastheMAGIC on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:54 am

LMAO. Lebron is good at using his physical freakishness to come from the weakside and make a spectacular block or steal but he's a poor on the ball defender.
Kobe Byant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals in 5 years, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in the loaded Western Conference twice and almost upset the so-called MVP, and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan, period.
KOBEhastheMAGIC

Postby d33pzone on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:47 pm

I talked to Lebron before the game and when he throws a bad pass or misses an easy lay up, he's the hardest one on himself, this is just a relentless worker on both ends of the court, he expects perfection from himself and demands it from his teammates.
d33pzone

Postby Lakers Dynasty Reborn on Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:34 am

I agree with what Breen said.
Lakers Dynasty Reborn

Postby KB24 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:35 am

Lakers Dynasty Reborn wrote:I agree with what Breen said.

Kobe IS already first team defender and LeBron will never make it because there are better defensive forwards out there. LeBron has improved a lot and is an above average defender but he isn't as good as Marion, Battier, KG, Duncan....

KB24
Site Admin

Postby BDG on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:21 am

If anything he should have said "Kobe and Wade" ... James' man-to-man defense was inconsistent at best throughout the tournament.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby kobe_008 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:13 pm

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:LMAO. Lebron is good at using his physical freakishness to come from the weakside and make a spectacular block or steal but he's a poor on the ball defender.

Rayt on man!

He's not a good 1on1 defender and is easily burned in a pick and roll play.
kobe_008

Postby L4L on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:34 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:To be honest, he may very well be the best physical specimen to ever set foot on a basketball court. Can you name a better one?

Wilt Chamberlain
7'1", 280lbs, 46 inch vertical leap, 500lbs+ bench press, 4.5 40yd dash

There's not many though.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby KB24 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:40 pm

L4L wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:To be honest, he may very well be the best physical specimen to ever set foot on a basketball court. Can you name a better one?

Wilt Chamberlain
7'1", 280lbs, 46 inch vertical leap, 500lbs+ bench press, 4.5 40yd dash

There's not many though.

are you sure those numbers are right?

http://www.sportingnews.com/archives/wilt/article3.html
this article says his vertical was 24 inch (which is what should be expected)

46 sounds like bogus...thats more than Vince Carter can jump :man4:

but I know where you are coming from...in his wiki page there is a quote of him saying "my sergeant vertical was higher than MJ; 46'-48'.
Last edited by KB24 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:41 pm

^ Seriously. I don't believe for a second that Wilt had a 46inch vertical.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby LDR on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:03 pm

Your considered a pretty good athlete if you can jump 38-42 inches. Wilt was a GREAT athlete. 46 inches doesn't surprise me one bit.
LDR

Postby KB24 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:15 pm

LDR wrote:Your considered a pretty good athlete if you can jump 38-42 inches. Wilt was a GREAT athlete. 46 inches doesn't surprise me one bit.

if 42" is a very good athlete...then guys like Josh Smith, Andre Iguodala, Kobe Bryant, Desmond Mason, Jason Richardson...are all just very good athletes...

come on....any vertical that goes beyond 36' is pretty impressive.

Bynum has a 34' vertical which is already MASSIVE for a bigman...I do think that Wilt could have a better vertical...probably 38' or something but 46' for a 7-2 guy is insane.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby CrazyLikeCatfish on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:21 pm

Combo with that height and that vertical, Wilt would be flying. I don't believe it..
CrazyLikeCatfish

Return to Team USA