Missing ingredient?

Missing ingredient?

Postby LawSin on Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:21 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nba

I kinda agree with his main point but Amare as the anwser? Well for all his.. whatever, him and Shaq still haven't managed to intimidate most of the NBA's top teams nor reach a high degree of success. Dwight Howard is more intimidating if just for his physique. Whenever he gets the ball inside everyone just clears out (from what i've seen. missed the Australia/Russia games that were so close apparently). Its not a posterization but it shows how everyone's afraid of being anywhere near him when he jumps. I think what we lack is the same thing that's forgotten in All Star Games - a focus on role players that fit and defense. D'Antoni coaching probably doesn't help. And let's face it, international competition will never be the nascent and feeble nerdling it was back in the Dream Team era.
LawSin

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:11 am

This team has lots of missing ingredients, and I'm worried.

Howard and Boozer and Bosh are no replacements for Shaq or David Robinson.

LeBron is too young to be a leader. Every time Kobe does something spectacular, I guarantee that the next U.S. possession is LeBron trying to do something spectacular. I've never seen it happen in the other order. This will catch up to the team sometime in the tourney.

Too many bad defenders. Carmelo and Redd are lethargic on defense, Kidd is too old, LBJ believes that steals and blocks=defense, and Howard believes that blocks=defense.

I'm not hating, I'm just watching. I want them to win, but I'm worried.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:07 am

Oden and Bynum will suffice.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby KB24 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:22 am

I said from the get go...they lack an inside force...and they really do.

Really take away Kidd, Prince, Boozer and add Amare, Artest and Chandler...

that team would be invinicble.

as of right now, something still feels wrong...and soon against Spain, we will know exactly what it is.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby bumrusherer on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:27 am

KB24@CL wrote:
as of right now, something still feels wrong...and soon against Spain, we will know exactly what it is.

Or we'll see what is right and be excited for the remainder of the Games. Dont get me wrong, the inside game isnt the best but Howard will hold his own defensively and Bosh will end up having a couple games where he stretches out the floor for all of his teammates.

Plus, if push comes to shove. Just put Lebron or Kobe on the block and run the offense through that area.
bumrusherer

Return to Team USA