Odom Committing to Rings....the Olympic Rings, that is

Odom Committing to Rings....the Olympic Rings, that is

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:22 pm

Wow, Odom is really serious about representing his country. A great character guy indeed and I'm happy he's on our team and in our locker room.

The LA Times wrote: Looks like Mike Krzyzewski will have plenty of options for the Team USA roster.

With some players already committing to the cause for the Beijing Olympics — All-Stars Kobe Bryant and Paul Pierce, to name two — Lamar Odom wanted to throw his hat into the five rings before it got too late.

The U.S. took a bronze medal in the 2004 Olympics after losing to Argentina in the semifinals, but Odom was one of three U.S. players to score in double figures in all three medal-round games.

Odom has tried to contact Jerry Colangelo, Team USA's managing director.

"I'm doing my best to call Mr. Colangelo, let him know I want to play again," Odom said. "They're going to pick who they want to pick."

Indiana Pacer All-Star forward Jermaine O'Neal said he would commit to Team USA as long as he did not have to play in the 2006 World Championship and perhaps a zone qualifying tournament in two years.

Odom said he would do whatever it takes.

"To get to play USA basketball, that was special for me," he said.

The LA Daily News wrote:The disappointment of not winning the gold medal couldn't outweigh the overall experience of playing in the Olympics for Lakers forward Lamar Odom, who would like the chance to suit up for USA Basketball again.

With Phoenix Suns chairman Jerry Colangelo reportedly having received commitments from five players to play for the national team, Odom said Tuesday he would welcome an invitation, if it was extended.

"I'll do my best to call Mr. Colangelo and let him know I want to play again," Odom said. "They're going to pick who they pick. Hopefully, I'll be one of those guys."

Odom took pride both in playing with the likes of Tim Duncan and Allen Iverson in Athens and representing the Queens, N.Y., neighborhood in which he grew up. Even as the U.S. team imploded, Odom burnished his reputation playing for coach Larry Brown.

"I tried to just do what I was asked to do," Odom said. "At that level, it's not about the name on your jersey. It's about the name across the chest."

Odom said he would be willing to make a three-year commitment to USA Basketball and that he expected some players from the 2004 team would play again. The U.S. team lost three times on the way to a bronze-medal showing in Athens.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby thelakshow on Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:32 pm

sweet... kobe and lamar again on the same team MY MONEY IS THEY WONT BE TEAMMATES WHEN THEY PLAY IN THE OLYMPICS.
i want ben wallace on the lakers.
thelakshow

Postby BDG on Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:39 pm

That's nice -- Kobe and Lamar both probably playing in the Olympics.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby KB24 on Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:42 pm

thelakshow wrote:sweet... kobe and lamar again on the same team MY MONEY IS THEY WONT BE TEAMMATES WHEN THEY PLAY IN THE OLYMPICS.
:man3: Lamar can do whatever he wants fans still don´t appreciate how smart and great character he is and a hell of a baller *shakes head*

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby MarkMadsen on Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:48 pm

thatd be awseome if 2 lakers could represent the country for us. :jam2:

odom was pretty good in the last olympics. he was one of brown's favorite players.
MarkMadsen

Postby KB24 on Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:53 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:thatd be awseome if 2 lakers could represent the country for us. :jam2:

odom was pretty good in the last olympics. he was one of brown's favorite players.

maybe 3 Lakers :man1: Bosh? :man4:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LakersCourt on Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:54 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
MarkMadsen wrote:thatd be awseome if 2 lakers could represent the country for us. :jam2:

maybe 3 Lakers :man1: Bosh? :man4:

Yup 3 Lakers it is. Kobe, Lamar, and LeBron :man1:
LakersCourt

Postby GuRu on Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:04 pm

Trade that bum......he doesnt average 20.
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Ataris_PunK on Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:00 am

This is actually awful news. Olympics will leave them strained out for the regular season. Same reason Ming can never break out.
If you only knew me better then you might,
be sittin here holding my hand so tight
never let me go are the words that i said to you, when you looked at me smiled and said you knew.
Ataris_PunK

Postby DMK on Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:22 am

Just what i was thinking....

Had Kobe and SHAQUILLE played years ago.... it would have been dream team 3... ahhh well... can we get the gold back to USA fellas.. cmon!

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Re: Odom Committing to Rings....the Olympic Rings, that is

Postby JSM on Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:32 am

Vasashi17 wrote:
The LA Daily News wrote:With Phoenix Suns chairman Jerry Colangelo reportedly having received commitments from five players to play for the national team, Odom said Tuesday he would welcome an invitation, if it was extended.

I wonder who #5 is.
Kobe
Pierce
Odom
J. O'Neal
?
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Odom Committing to Rings....the Olympic Rings, that is

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:02 am

jsm0331 wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote:
The LA Daily News wrote:With Phoenix Suns chairman Jerry Colangelo reportedly having received commitments from five players to play for the national team, Odom said Tuesday he would welcome an invitation, if it was extended.

I wonder who #5 is.
Kobe
Pierce
Odom
J. O'Neal
?

a.i., marbury, or tim duncan maybe?
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby JSM on Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:09 am

^ I'm pretty sure I've heard that Tim is done with the Olympics. I think AI is getting too old and doesn't want to bother with them either.

Marbury's a possibility though.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:27 am

elton brand or kg would be pretty nice too
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Return to Team USA