Odom says meeting with Colangelo "went well"

Odom says meeting with Colangelo "went well"

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:30 am

Here's an update on Odom's hopes to play for Team USA again.
OC Register: Bryant met with Colangelo on Friday, as did Odom, who also hopes to be picked for the team. Odom said his meeting of about 15 minutes "went well."

"I won't know until he's done with whatever he has got to do," Odom said of his chances of making the team. "We talked about the last time I went. I told him how cool it was and how I would like to go again."

LA Times: Odom met Friday with USA basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo to discuss Olympic possibilities.

Odom is hoping to join Bryant on a 20-man roster that will report to training camp this summer and then play exhibition games in China and South Korea before the world championships in Japan. There will be another training camp next year, and further training and exhibition games in 2008 before the Beijing Olympics.

"They're taking it serious," Odom said, adding that the meeting "went well."

Odom, one of few bright spots on the 2004 Olympic team that took a bronze medal, was one of three U.S. players to score in double-figures in all three medal-round games.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby hZm on Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:34 am

Well Odom did pretty good last time. Maybe he should get another chance. Even though im still angry at him.
hZm

Postby Camilo on Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:35 am

If he makes it he deserves it the way he played for the team in 2004. Let's hope if he makes it and it will boost his confedence and make him consistent :jam2: :jam2: and put the stats his suppose to put up
19 ppg
9 rpg
5 rpg
:jam2:
Camilo

Return to Team USA