Official roster for team USA

Postby thewill on Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:20 pm

Vincey wrote:
magicmoment wrote:i think they could have done better with the roster.. Where'd Miller go? i wanted him on the team.
and no Amare? or Durant?

Did you read through the thread? Amare DID NOT WANT TO PLAY. HE'S THE ONE THAT DECLINED TO PARTCIPATE.

Mike Miller shot pretty poorly last Summer. Redd will do fine as the shooter and floor spreader.

I'd still want Miller in there as another 3 pt threat. Amare's no-defense wouldn't have fit, so I'm glad he declined. And Durant is not seasoned enough to play.

Who's going to guard against 7' Gasol and 7'6" Yao? Chandler should've been kept on the team.
thewill

Postby Neville on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:55 pm

What happens when Howard fouls out?
Neville

Postby jlkr on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:10 pm

The team is going to go small pretty often. In such a scenario, Lebron could easily play PF and Kobe SF. Redd at SG and Jason, Deron or Chris Paul at PG. That's a set that could run anybody off the floor with outstanding passers at 3 positions and a lights out shooter (Redd) to spread the floor. You might see a lot of Deron at SG too.

There is precedent for going small and winning. The key is quickness and defense. The Celtics won in the 70's with a 6-8 center. UCLA once won a national championship without a starter over 6-5; that team did it with its athleticism and a ferocious ball-hawking defense. European ball doesn't depend much on dominating post players so this is doable...

Kobe will lead the way at the defensive end; that will feed the transition game. When they play small ball, that defense will be something else. Don't forget Kryszewski will have the luxury of going 1-12 with his rotations so no one has to get worn out playing defense.
jlkr

Postby addwuzhere on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 am

MDI wrote:so wade is gonna be happy comin off the bench?

he better be

KOBE STARTS
NBA Quotes:
Alonzo, winning the DPOY:"I thank my teammates for letting their men blow by them."

Shaq:"I made a 1,600 minus 800 minus 200 on the SAT, so I'm very intelligent when I speak."

Chick Hearn:"The game's in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jiggling."
addwuzhere

Postby fromwaydowntown on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:24 am

In my opinion, the roster is unbalanced: too many guards and few big men. But I think the problem is the coach. As long as coach K is the head of this team you are doomed for disaster. He has already proven twice he is no good for this job... and it is highly probable he will fail again, even with this megatalented (although unbalanced) cast.
fromwaydowntown

Postby GEMROCCLAKERGIRL824 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:48 pm

So anyone here going to Vegas to watch the game?! :)
GEMROCCLAKERGIRL824

Postby L4L on Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:28 pm

They need a better big man rotation.

Period.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Lakerzrevenge on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:02 pm

WTF is up with this roster....there are all these damn guards.No offense but we really need D-wade??Seriously...he has an average jumpshot, and is best as a slasher but we have Redd (a better shooting SG) and Kobe (the best NBA SG), what is his purpose??Where is Miller, where is Chandler....lol and why is Boozer here.There are not alot of postiives about this roster, IMO.
Lakerzrevenge

Postby netlordr23 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:49 am

As always one thinks the team could be better, but I think if they get things going with each other, it's going to be very exciting for team USA.
I really really hope the final is USA-Spain, that's would be a great game.
netlordr23

Previous

Return to Team USA