Reggie Miller on Team USA next year?

Postby lilkhmerkid4u on Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:28 pm

lilkhmerkid4u

Re: Reggie Miller on Team USA next year?

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:32 pm

Realm of Shadows wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Lord Johnny wrote:yeah right and Malone is also going to play to teach the rest of the world a lesson :man10: :man10: :man10:

Yeah on how to hunt Mexican Girls...
About as fresh as Kobe's little trip to Colorado. Oh ouch :man8:
:man4: :man10:
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Postby lizlakers31 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:11 am

My brother saw Reggie yesterday at nike town in LA he was buying like 12 pairs of shoes including some Kobe's :mhihi:

That would be cool if he was on the team
Proud Member of Team FARMAR!!!
lizlakers31

Postby KB24 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:17 am

no thanks

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:13 am

ZenMaster4President wrote:Hmm. Why?

The whole idea of your programm was to build a team - meaning that whatever purpose each player serves - he has to be accustomed with his teammates and the system. This means he will have to be in for the long term. Miller, while an excellent shooter, doesn't fit the long term plan - unless Colangelo is going to play him in his fourties.

It is a toss between Allen and Redd for now. But even if both of them were to withdraw - Reggie still would not be my next choice. As a matter of fact I would take Pierce before each of the above three.

Redd and Reggie would have the same amount of experience with the group of guys and thats zero if Reggie decides to join the team next season.

BTW why is everybody listng Ray Allen? He isnt even on the list of player invited cause he didnt want to come.

Im all for Reggie joining if Redd doesnt come
MarkMadsen

Postby ZenMaster4President on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:57 am

MarkMadsen wrote:
ZenMaster4President wrote:Hmm. Why?

The whole idea of your programm was to build a team - meaning that whatever purpose each player serves - he has to be accustomed with his teammates and the system. This means he will have to be in for the long term. Miller, while an excellent shooter, doesn't fit the long term plan - unless Colangelo is going to play him in his fourties.

It is a toss between Allen and Redd for now. But even if both of them were to withdraw - Reggie still would not be my next choice. As a matter of fact I would take Pierce before each of the above three.

Redd and Reggie would have the same amount of experience with the group of guys and thats zero if Reggie decides to join the team next season.

BTW why is everybody listng Ray Allen? He isnt even on the list of player invited cause he didnt want to come.

Im all for Reggie joining if Redd doesnt come

I am talking about long term in the future! Are seriously want to make Reggie a part of the US team for the next 3 - 5 years? When he will be 40+?
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:59 am

im sure these group of players are only commited for 3 years(including this year.)
MarkMadsen

Postby KB24 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:01 am

maybe we can also invite Mitch Richmond. He could shoot too :freak2:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby ladam24 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:03 am

KB8@CL wrote:maybe we can also invite Mitch Richmond. He could shoot too :freak2:

Yeah, i think it's a stupid idea, it has to be a publicity stunt. I mean, NBA analysts must get bored in the off-season too.
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby strikemode14 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:00 am

Reggie was in pretty good shape last time he played in the NBA. He still probaly has enough left to come in and hit a few 3's.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Iceberg Slim on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:19 am

If you were to put Reggie Miller on a team like the Phoenix Suns, I bet you he'd still be one of the league's top 10 shooters. Reggie's notion isn't crazy to me. Simply because this guy was 40 years old still shooting 3's and wettin' them just last year. He's probably still in shape and has a better work ethic than 99% of the NBA, always has. I wouldn't be against it. But I don't think the NBA is that desperate. There are players in the prime right now who can contribute.

This is also why I am angered the execs and Colangelo decided not to put Paul Pierce on the team.
www.thesportslyceum.com - personal blog

Iceberg Slim

Postby Satan on Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:45 am

There is a reason the guy retired.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby LukeWalton on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:03 pm

Reggie Miller has always been one of my favorite players. Greatest shooter i've ever seen. It'd be nice to see him there. All this talk about needing shooters like Redd, Ray Allen why not give Kyle Korver a shot. I know he's 1 dimensional and all but the guy can shoot just as good as Micheal Redd.
LukeWalton

Postby JSM on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:42 pm

If the other shooters are hurt or back out with another legit. excuse then I would like to see Reggie come in for 08 and torch the net. Reggie will be 60 and still able to drain shots. So age really shouldn't be an argument against him. Shooters have a much longer career too, because they avoid much more contact than the slashers.

Magic was retired when he played with the Dream Team. I don't see why everyone is making a big fuss against it.

We were in dire need of a shooter and one of the greatest shooters of all time is offering his services. IF the others aren't up to the task, bring him in.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Propulsion on Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:28 pm

JSM wrote:If the other shooters are hurt or back out with another legit. excuse then I would like to see Reggie come in for 08 and torch the net. Reggie will be 60 and still able to drain shots. So age really shouldn't be an argument against him. Shooters have a much longer career too, because they avoid much more contact than the slashers.

Magic was retired when he played with the Dream Team. I don't see why everyone is making a big fuss against it.

We were in dire need of a shooter and one of the greatest shooters of all time is offering his services. IF the others aren't up to the task, bring him in.
Propulsion

Postby strikemode14 on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:34 pm

Satan wrote:There is a reason the guy retired.

Well he couldn't handle a 82 game+playoff season Also playing big minutes.

The world game is I think less then 20 games maybe 4 more or less something like that. Not to mention at best may play 10-15 minutes at most. He won't get worn out by that.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Basketball Fan on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:16 pm

Realm of Shadows wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Lord Johnny wrote:yeah right and Malone is also going to play to teach the rest of the world a lesson :man10: :man10: :man10:

Well I guess to you it isn't but I find it interesting that you can't seem to find this funny yet you wonder why there are those who are bothered by the Kobe jokes you make.

Just find that rather interesting the whole you can dish it but can't take it...
Basketball Fan

Postby DMK on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:38 pm

Well, looks like Reggie will be on....

Cause Ray Allen will find an excuse not to be there... bank it.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Satan on Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:34 am

strikemode14 wrote:
Satan wrote:There is a reason the guy retired.

Well he couldn't handle a 82 game+playoff season Also playing big minutes.

The world game is I think less then 20 games maybe 4 more or less something like that. Not to mention at best may play 10-15 minutes at most. He won't get worn out by that.

Good point. I guess it's just that I hate the guy.

:man10:
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:38 am

Basketball Fan wrote:
Realm of Shadows wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Well I guess to you it isn't but I find it interesting that you can't seem to find this funny yet you wonder why there are those who are bothered by the Kobe jokes you make.

Just find that rather interesting the whole you can dish it but can't take it...
The Kobe jokes I make? When I do make fun of Kobe, and I've cut back on it at least its no the same joke over and over again. The Malone joke is as fresh as Kobe going to Colorado, hell even his airballs against the Utah Jazz. If you make fun of someone at least be creative, not use the same joke for the millionth time as if you're somehow original.

Why not throw out a joke about Sprewell choking his coach, or him saying he has kids to feed. Hell why not throw out a J-Kidd is a wife beater (which was never funny in the first place) joke while you're at it. Because i'm sure the Cassell looks like an alien is so original too. Since you want to be so original why stop with the hunting Mexicans joke?
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby MarkMadsen on Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:22 am

Iceberg Slim wrote:If you were to put Reggie Miller on a team like the Phoenix Suns, I bet you he'd still be one of the league's top 10 shooters. Reggie's notion isn't crazy to me. Simply because this guy was 40 years old still shooting 3's and wettin' them just last year. He's probably still in shape and has a better work ethic than 99% of the NBA, always has. I wouldn't be against it. But I don't think the NBA is that desperate. There are players in the prime right now who can contribute.

This is also why I am angered the execs and Colangelo decided not to put Paul Pierce on the team.

Paul Pierce was invited. He didnt come cause he was set for surgeory.
MarkMadsen

Postby Basketball Fan on Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:32 pm

Realm of Shadows wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Realm of Shadows wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

The Kobe jokes I make? When I do make fun of Kobe, and I've cut back on it at least its no the same joke over and over again. The Malone joke is as fresh as Kobe going to Colorado, hell even his airballs against the Utah Jazz. If you make fun of someone at least be creative, not use the same joke for the millionth time as if you're somehow original.

Why not throw out a joke about Sprewell choking his coach, or him saying he has kids to feed. Hell why not throw out a J-Kidd is a wife beater (which was never funny in the first place) joke while you're at it. Because i'm sure the Cassell looks like an alien is so original too. Since you want to be so original why stop with the hunting Mexicans joke?

Those are more offensive than anything said about Karl Malone so I wouldn't go there(except maybe the Cassell one) but you thought that tacky blog referencing Kobe mocking Irwin's death was funny. I figured you wouldn't be above any of that either go figure.
Basketball Fan

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:35 pm

^^ I found it funny along with KOBE FANS.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Basketball Fan on Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:43 pm

Well I guess sense of humor is subjective. The fact it was used as a reference alone to mock a death of someone was offensive to me. But hey like I said its all subjective.
Basketball Fan

Postby shoe on Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:47 pm

i wouldnt mind reggie if we couldnt get any of the other shooters

ray allen, michael redd.....

he'd prolly come in for only 10 minutes, nail some threes and go back to the bench
shoe

PreviousNext

Return to Team USA